Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (9 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I'm a bit baffled on how you lavish praise on france ?

I was angry during the first half on how they were completely overrun and how they failed to get the best out of Pogba. How they failed to pass twice in germany's half, how they should have temporised and moved up.
Gifted penalty changed the game. Germans truely missed Khedira and a striker for this game. Gomes allready was a big deal at the end of the Qualifiers for them, as their gameplan really needs him.

France got a pathetic easy tournament so far. Worse then portugal. France had the carpet out all the way to the semi final. In which they played a germany who had 120 minutes of Italy in its legs and missed 2 vital players.

Gonna be interesting to see what the final is like.
Are you talking all this with a German accent??? Just wondering.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
France have played a hell of a lot better. Which is demonstrated by the fact they actually won their games. It's not even close. France will win the final 3-0 and they'll have played the perfect tournament.
They'll win, but let's be honest here. They had an easy road till the semifinal. They must have conserved a lot of energy.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
They are a lot like Juventus. That's why I like them. Just look at them. No worries whatsoever. Completely carefree team. And you know why? Because they know they're going to win.

They know they'll win, because they know they are set up well and will score themselves no matter what. They know they'll win because they have too much talent not to.

And on top of that they're smart enough to not attack too frantically or get easily frustrated.

Perhaps they're not 2002 Brazil and perhaps they're not spectacular, but they are easily one of the teams I liked watching the most over the past few years.
France barely crossed the middle line in the first half. I was frustrated cause when juve attacks and they cant get trough, they'll try combinations and have players go forward, france was trying something difficult a'la athletico's two pass counters but was failing to do so Was a matter of time before germany was gonna ram trough

then they got a silly penalty at the very end of the first half.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you talking all this with a German accent??? Just wondering.
I wanted france to win. But i incredibly disagree with the notion they didnt got it completely handed to them

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
France barely crossed the middle line in the first half. I was frustrated cause when juve attacks and they cant get trough, they'll try combinations and have players go forward, france was trying something difficult a'la athletico's two pass counters but was failing to do so Was a matter of time before germany was gonna ram trough

then they got a silly penalty at the very end of the first half.
But it wasn't a matter of time, because they didn't. Like I said, France are a lot like Juventus. The confidence is immense.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
But it wasn't a matter of time, because they didn't. Like I said, France are a lot like Juventus. The confidence is immense.
Juventus plays 50x better then this france. France is dreadfull to watch aside from occasional pogba trick and griezmann beeing himself.

If this looked remotely like juventus, i wouldnt have been annoyed the entire first half on how bad france was

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Juventus plays 50x better then this france. France is dreadfull to watch aside from occasional pogba trick and griezmann beeing himself.

If this looked remotely like juventus, i wouldnt have been annoyed the entire first half on how bad france was
They're going to beat your glorious Portugal team.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Germany needs a better coach. With all that talent they have, they should be winning everything. And people may disagree but he needs to start Mustafi in defense.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
There is no reason for petty comments. France has been garbage as a team and relies on individual brilliance to score.

Fair enough. But dont act like its the second comming of '84 or '98 france, which is what you were doing
real won the cl mainly based on that.

btw dd is a bit disappointing for the misuse of pogba. paul's not a dm ffs.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There is no reason for petty comments. France has been garbage as a team and relies on individual brilliance to score.

Fair enough. But dont act like its the second comming of '84 or '98 france, which is what you were doing
I made that comment because you think Portugal played well. Compared to them France have been an insanely attractive team.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Well done France. Forza Evra and Pogba. Didi too. Fully deserved victory and I think they are going to put Portugal in a world of hurt. Love to see the arrogant, smug and annoying Germans put in their place. Neuer what a plonker.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Well done France. Forza Evra and Pogba. Didi too. Fully deserved victory and I think they are going to put Portugal in a world of hurt. Love to see the arrogant, smug and annoying Germans put in their place. Neuer what a plonker.
I have absolutely nothing against the German NT but it is always fun seeing Muller cry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)