Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (63 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
They're just not good enough. France is an incredible team right now, don't know why people can't see that.
France could barely string two passes togheter on germany's half. Germany was absolutely domminating them untill that gifted penalty.

Germany, without Hummels, Khedira, Gomes

After going 1-0 thanks to the gift, france got more space and had a better second half, germans greatly missed that centreforward.

With Khedira and Gomes, thanks italy, France would have easely been knocked out.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
France could barely string two passes togheter on germany's half. Germany was absolutely domminating them untill that gifted penalty.

After going 1-0 thanks to the gift, france got more space and had a better second half, germans greatly missed that centreforward.

With Khedira and Gomes, thanks italy, France would have easely been knocked out.
Whatever. I had France down as winners before the tournament (hoped for Belgium though) and I've never really seen them in trouble. Not today either. They've done what they needed to do every single game.

Great, great team.

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4,604
    I'd love to see 7-0 personally. That's how disgusting I find Portugal right now.

But it's a final. You never know with those, they can be quite unpredictable and retarded.

It's not about France.

Germany is bad. But they are not bad because of their depth or because France is too good. They are bad the whole tournament. They try to implement tiki taka in their system and with it they look quite average. If players were masked I'd say I was watching a midtable team with no good players in it. Nobody stood out in any match and it's pathetic.
    Germany is so up Spain's 2008 butthole... they even came with only one true center forward and otherwise planned to play with a false #9. :sergio:

And what about that arrogant tall lesbian Neuer?
    :lol:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003

Germany is so up Spain's 2008 butthole... they even came with only one true center forward and otherwise planned to play with a false #9. :sergio:

:lol:
    As a Portugal fan I think you'll want to practise your bracing skills, because you're going to get a very bad beating.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Whatever. I had France down as winners before the tournament (hoped for Belgium though) and I've never really seen them in trouble. Not today either. They've done what they needed to do every single game.

Great, great team.
    I'm a bit baffled on how you lavish praise on france ?

I was angry during the first half on how they were completely overrun and how they failed to get the best out of Pogba. How they failed to pass twice in germany's half, how they should have temporised and moved up.
    Gifted penalty changed the game. Germans truely missed Khedira and a striker for this game. Gomes allready was a big deal at the end of the Qualifiers for them, as their gameplan really needs him.

France got a pathetic easy tournament so far. Worse then portugal. France had the carpet out all the way to the semi final. In which they played a germany who had 120 minutes of Italy in its legs and missed 2 vital players.

Gonna be interesting to see what the final is like.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

I was angry during the first half on how they were completely overrun and how they failed to get the best out of Pogba. How they failed to pass twice in germany's half, how they should have temporised and moved up.
    Gifted penalty changed the game. Germans truely missed Khedira and a striker for this game. Gomes allready was a big deal at the end of the Qualifiers for them, as their gameplan really needs him.

France got a pathetic easy tournament so far. Worse then portugal. France had the carpet out all the way to the semi final. In which they played a germany who had 120 minutes of Italy in its legs and missed 2 vital players.

The irony. You do the same with Portugal, mate. Both teams have been underwhelming, but at least France played against one good team.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

:tup:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003

They are a lot like Juventus. That's why I like them. Just look at them. No worries whatsoever. Completely carefree team. And you know why? Because they know they're going to win.

They know they'll win, because they know they are set up well and will score themselves no matter what. They know they'll win because they have too much talent not to.

And on top of that they're smart enough to not attack too frantically or get easily frustrated.

Perhaps they're not 2002 Brazil and perhaps they're not spectacular, but they are easily one of the teams I liked watching the most over the past few years.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006

Me thinks so too. France got extreeeemely lucky with that penalty.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    The irony. You do the same with Portugal, mate. Both teams have been underwhelming, but at least France played against one good team.
    France have played a hell of a lot better. Which is demonstrated by the fact they actually won their games. It's not even close. France will win the final 3-0 and they'll have played the perfect tournament.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
    Mar 4, 2012
    It's going to be bad. 3-0, maybe 4-0. Portugal have been lucky so far in that every team went into the game scared of Ronaldo. France will pulverise them.
    I certainly looks like it. But it could all change if France can't find an early goal. One of those freak games with very close misses and just bad luck for France.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)