Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (12 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
If I wrote choke, it was wrong. But Messi didn't choke too. All I'm saying is, none of them are at the same level as they are in their club teams.
Ronaldo has to adapt alot more with his NT then Messi.

Messi still is the free roam #9/#10 like he is at barca. He has a highly skilled team that doesnt rely on him to go forward. His role can be similar to what its today (obviously, it was different in Xavi's barcelona)

Ronaldo on the other hand, thats a different story. At Madrid he plays in a team that can totally build and create and have reference points so he can play that roaming leftwing role in which he's probably the best in history. He doesnt need to be present and active, he can controll the space and show up where and when he wants, and his goal+assist record confirms he's ridiculous at it.

At Portugal, there is no reference striker, barely central playmaking. He's needs to play a completely different role. He's the main guy everyone tries to reach, he needs to be actively involved in the play for it to proceed. If you keep ronaldo out of the game, portugal is nothing.

Ronaldo suffers a HUGE deal of Portugal not having a centre forward. If they'd had Postiga and a playmaker like Deco today, Portugal would immediatly become a freightening opponent, cause he could again be popping up when he wants, not when he needs.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Wales missed Ramsey and generally didn't play that well. Portugal nothing special, but they're not tactically dumb like Belgium. I'd expect either side from tomorrow to beat them, but maybe they have their name on the trophy, generally being ok and reaching a final has to mean something.
I don't know about France. They were one of my favourites before the tournament. They haven't imressed me, though. But home-field is home-field.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I don't know about France. They were one of my favourites before the tournament. They haven't imressed me, though. But home-field is home-field.
They were my favourites too and I've only grown more convinced. Mostly because these guys know what they're doing. They get behind because of a soft penalty v Ireland? No complaining whatsoever, they just get on with it and win comfortably.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Ronaldo has to adapt alot more with his NT then Messi.

Messi still is the free roam #9/#10 like he is at barca. He has a highly skilled team that doesnt rely on him to go forward. His role can be similar to what its today (obviously, it was different in Xavi's barcelona)

Ronaldo on the other hand, thats a different story. At Madrid he plays in a team that can totally build and create and have reference points so he can play that roaming leftwing role in which he's probably the best in history. He doesnt need to be present and active, he can controll the space and show up where and when he wants, and his goal+assist record confirms he's ridiculous at it.

At Portugal, there is no reference striker, barely central playmaking. He's needs to play a completely different role. He's the main guy everyone tries to reach, he needs to be actively involved in the play for it to proceed. If you keep ronaldo out of the game, portugal is nothing.

Ronaldo suffers a HUGE deal of Portugal not having a centre forward. If they'd had Postiga and a playmaker like Deco today, Portugal would immediatly become a freightening opponent, cause he could again be popping up when he wants, not when he needs.
Makes sense. Maybe I would know, if I gave a damn and watched the games sober :D
But I don't think Messi is that much free. Argentina are one of the world favourites (Portugal aren't at all). People count on him to win them a big trophy.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
As long as neither of them win it's all good anyway. Portugal is an awful, cynical team with annoying characters like Nani and Quaresma. Argentina are actually sort of likeable, but the midget is even more of a marketing prop than CR7.

Maybe now that he cried and showed human emotion an Argentina win wouldn't be that bad I guess.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Juventus is a cynical team with annoying characters :shifty:

Chiellini, Mandzukic, Zaza, Sturaro dont really take prisoners
None of those players are idiotic cunts. Quaresma and Nani are.

Besides if a juve player was a cunt, he'd be our cunt. That's different.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Germany or France, what do you guys think for tomorrow?

I'm picking France. It's going to be difficult for Germany to overcome the loss of Gomez, Khedira, and Hummels at the same time. I'm expecting Pogba to step up big here.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Germany or France, what do you guys think for tomorrow?

I'm picking France. It's going to be difficult for them to overcome the loss of Gomez, Khedira, and Hummels at the same time. I'm expecting Pogba to step up big here.
:agree:

I'd never thought I'd see the day where I would be hoping France would win another tournament, but there you go.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Kante is back, so hope Deschamps won't play Pogs as a deepest CM, his attacking potential is wasted there, can't see how soft ass Kroos-Shwaine midfield is gonna hold against Paul.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I hope France win too, but tbh wouldn't be too bothered with Germany either. Portugal would be.. It would be funny and all, but very depressing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)