Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (6 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Your players were rubbish for the most part. Part of that is the way they were set up, but part of that is the lack of effort and heart. Half of them were basically walking around the pitch any time Wales had the ball. Such poor mentality. Overrated and overhyped players, hence the reason most of them play in the EPL.
Their problem is that they look at Hazard and expect him to do everything. Look what happens when he has the ball. No one fucking moves. And taking Carrasco off was what killed us completely.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Mad respect for Wales :delpiero:

Belgium dearly missed Vertonghen and Vermaelen tonight, not to mention Kompany, who never even made it to the Euro. Lack of experience and cohesion in the heart of defense is always a tough task to overcome.

This being said, imagine what this supremely talented generation of Belgian players would achieve, if only they had a proper coach ...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Nah, most like him, but he's been way too eager to praise Belgium in a way they reeeaaaally didn't deserve :D
The players deserve all the praise individually. Someone should just mold them into a team. Wilmots has been heavily criticized, but I chose to give him the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately it was an utter failure.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Mad respect for Wales :delpiero:

Belgium dearly missed Vertonghen and Vermaelen tonight, not to mention Kompany, who never even made it to the Euro. Lack of experience and cohesion in the heart of defense is always a tough task to overcome.

This being said, imagine what this supremely talented generation of Belgian players would achieve, if only they had a proper coach ...
Despite the injured cb's it is still disgraceful.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Despite the injured cb's it is still disgraceful.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
At first glance, you could argue that. If you set aside names and market value of the individual players, however, and dive deeper into the match-ups across the field and differences in the tactical approach, this was a much closer and trickier match-up to analyse than it may have looked on paper. In such games, defensive solidity is key, more than it usually is, and that's where Belgium faltered in the end.
The difference in coaching quality obviously played a role too and that favored Wales, as well.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
I'm not bitter. I hardly blame the players. But the way we were set up was ridiculous.

The reason people are mocking me is because I stick my neck out.
Nothing wrong with being a proud belgian
+rep

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Seven again.
I think I -repped before :shifty:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Lol if so the FA president needs to be fired.
Oh @Osman, its far worse then that, allow me to list you a few things

- Years ago, there was huge criticism about belgium beeing devoid of talent. Alot of criticism towards the FA about it.

- Out of nowere around '06-'08 we had a huge generation of street kids standing up. Standard Liege started it with Fellaini, Witsel, Defour for example. Coach was Preud'homme. Who got these kids to kick out Everton in the CL qualification, and nearly kicked out Liverpool who won the CL that year. Preud'homme is a proven great coach. And has immense respect from both language zones

- We've had a few years in which quality kept increasing. But we werent delivering. Then George Leekens became headcoach with LOLmots as assistant. He is credited to have laid the foundations for todays team, as he introduced many of the current players into the belgian team and build the base. HOWEVER, Club Brugge then offered a huge salary and he left, LOLmots taking over.

- LOLmots added nothing. He is a respected player and was considered a great motivator, but the team didnt click and improve, the faults remained.

- Preud'homme was succesfull outside belgium. He came back at brugge whom was becomming a belgian pre-ronaldinho Barcelona. Huge investments each years and no succes. Preud'homme repeated his Standard masterpiece, and managed to create stability and a terrific team from these individuals at brugge. They became champions this season, after 11 years (despite beeing second highest budget in belgium.

- LOLmots has no gameplan. He has no tactical knowledge. He has poor knowledge about players. Belgium cannot control space if their life would depend on it. Conte is a good example on how the coach can influence this. Parolo and the likes are perfectly executing that 3-5-2, without a midfield general defensively. belgium has no space controller. Kompany is great in 1v1 and beeing a stopper and a leader, but he is no organiser and cannot controll space.

Meanwhile, the belgium FA has received absolute record income trough marketting, and is somehow operating with huge losses, cause of abysmal spending and bonusses.

Belgium can easely offer 4 times the wage any belgian club can offer a coach.

Hein Vanhaezebroeck, went past the CL groupstages with Ghent. He's not a fan of primadonna's. You work, or get fucking rekt
Preud'homme got a bunch of pathetic chockers, also well paid, and he made a winning team out of it that often plays quite good football.

Various other coaches are quite good.

Courtois has now twice blasted the tactical ineptness.

There folks. Thats belgium in a nutshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)