Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (77 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I only watched the second half, and it was pretty boring A lot of possession, but hardly anything dangerous i see another Greece case in this Euro

Mar 9, 2006
And I was from Croatia then I would destroy Corluka's social network accounts because if you are fucking injured then go off from the field, instead he stayed and was unable to play on 100%

- - - Updated - - -

[video=twitter;746820556113199108]https://twitter.com/whoscored/status/746820556113199108[/video]

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3,073
    Thanks, man.

The thing about these tournaments... it's never how you play getting there (see: Netherlands in the group stages). It's surviving and advancing.

I honestly liked the gameplan that Mr. Greece Fernando Santos laid out. Adrien Silva was a complete destroyer in his role with Portugal playing more of a 4-4-2. And while it's unglamorously boring and you play on thin margins, this Portugal side was willing to give up possession just for the opportunity for a key counterattack. Just surprised it took until 116' before it happened. But then Croatia really didn't commit forward until right before that very point.

Ugly as hell, but I'll take it.

:D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Thanks, man.

The thing about these tournaments... it's never how you play getting there (see: Netherlands in the group stages). It's surviving and advancing.

I honestly liked the gameplan that Mr. Greece Fernando Santos laid out. Adrien Silva was a complete destroyer in his role with Portugal playing more of a 4-4-2. And while it's unglamorously boring and you play on thin margins, this Portugal side was willing to give up possession just for the opportunity for a key counterattack. Just surprised it took until 116' before it happened. But then Croatia really didn't commit forward until right before that very point.

Ugly as hell, but I'll take it.

:D
    But in all fairness it only worked because Croatia made the mistake of respecting Portugal too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)