Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (8 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
In a way, we're so unlucky to be the single force in serie A in a time when Italy doesn't produce a Baggio, Del Piero, Totti or Pirlo. Or even a Buffon, Maldini, Nesta or Cannavaro.
If it did, the chances would be huge for these pearls to be playing for Juventus and to actually prefer Juve to Real, Barca and the EPL money. We would be having them for years and we could build our teams around them instead of worrying to lose them and eventually lose them, like Tevez, Vidal, probably Pogba and Dybala one day.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
In a way, we're so unlucky to be the single force in serie A in a time when Italy doesn't produce a Baggio, Del Piero, Totti or Pirlo. Or even a Buffon, Maldini, Nesta or Cannavaro.
If it did, the chances would be huge for these pearls to be playing for Juventus and to actually prefer Juve to Real, Barca and the EPL money. We would be having them for years and we could build our teams around them instead of worrying to lose them and eventually lose them, like Tevez, Vidal, probably Pogba and Dybala one day.
Verratti is probably the closest thing to what you're looking for. And we screwed that up. :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Verratti is probably the closest thing to what you're looking for. And we screwed that up. :D
It happened in 2012. We did just win the scudetto, but we weren't the superpower we are right now. Today we won't lose a Verratti like we did in 2012.
The problem is, today there is no Verratti.
And, as you said, he's the closest thing. He's not THE thing, though. I meant a world superstar, like Baggio or Del Piero were. Players who were considered the best or top 3 in the world.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
It happened in 2012. We did just win the scudetto, but we weren't the superpower we are right now. Today we won't lose a Verratti like we did in 2012.
The problem is, today there is no Verratti.
And, as you said, he's the closest thing. He's not THE thing, though. I meant a world superstar, like Baggio or Del Piero were. Players who were considered the best or top 3 in the world.
Still, we were in a position to get Verratti if we wanted. We just decided not to match PSG's enormous bid. And next time there's a big Italian talent, a rich money club will probably come early again. Being Juve won't be enough if we can't/won't match the money clubs' offers.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The amount of violence in this tournament is scary.
Europe is falling apart. Economies largely stagnating badly, uncontrolled mass migration, incredible youth unemployment, far right ideas rising in popularity, a rise of protest culture on the left, UK probably exiting the union, turkey trying to join. A bit of football and they will snap.

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
Uefa warns England and Russia they face disqualification from Euro 2016 if there is more violence from their fans.

And when you look closely at this [rus]sian barbarian, who exactly do you see...? :lol:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Europe is falling apart. Economies largely stagnating badly, uncontrolled mass migration, incredible youth unemployment, far right ideas rising in popularity, a rise of protest culture on the left, UK probably exiting the union, turkey trying to join. A bit of football and they will snap.
Authorities said they are ready and they are in-control of any ISIS threat but can not seem to control 100+ hooligans.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
In regards to the violence, I've had messages from a couple of people who are over there. Almost all of the trouble, in terms of violence, that England fans are causing is reactionary, either defending themselves from Russian animals or reacting to the French police firing tear gas into crowds who are doing nothing more than being rowdy and drunk, singing songs. It has to be said that some of the songs are inflammatory, anti-French, anti-Euro, anti-ISIS and anti-Russian. Basically the usual far-right shit that is an element of the England support (BNP etc). Pretty glad I didn't go anywhere near the place tbh. Anyone who has an England shirt on seems to be fair game for a kicking, regardless of what they are doing.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
:lol:
All I see is that RUS has put on some weight.
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

In regards to the violence, I've had messages from a couple of people who are over there. Almost all of the trouble, in terms of violence, that England fans are causing is reactionary, either defending themselves from Russian animals or reacting to the French police firing tear gas into crowds who are doing nothing more than being rowdy and drunk, singing songs. It has to be said that some of the songs are inflammatory, anti-French, anti-Euro, anti-ISIS and anti-Russian.

Pretty glad I didn't go anywhere near the place tbh. Anyone who has an England shirt on seems to be fair game.
Everyone is probably blaming the other countries...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Everyone is probably blaming the other countries...
Have a read of this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36510671

The Russian media :D

You'll never find me saying England fans are angels, there is this 'the boy who cried wolf' scenario with them abroad now where people expect and seek out trouble with them, they are a target because of the reputation, as everyone knows they will react and will fight. English people fight, it's part of the culture, as sad as that is. They'll drink and fight. But if you leave them alone they'll drink and sing and throw up and then go home. The French don't know how to deal with that as it doesn't happen so much there. The Russian thing is a separate element. Please no more of this "they started it" nonsense, those Russians didn't take coaches to Switzerland to go under the radar, carrying knifes, MMA gloves, gumshields and pipes on the off chance that England started a bit of trouble :lol: They said they were going to cause trouble and they have.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Have a read of this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36510671

The Russian media :D

You'll never find me saying England fans are angels, there is this 'the boy who cried wolf' scenario with them abroad now where people expect and seek out trouble with them, they are a target because of the reputation, as everyone knows they will react and will fight. English people fight, it's part of the culture, as sad as that is. They'll drink and fight. But if you leave them alone they'll drink and sing and throw up and then go home. The French don't know how to deal with that as it doesn't happen so much there. The Russian thing is a separate element. Please no more of this "they started it" nonsense, those Russians didn't take coaches to Switzerland to go under the radar, carrying knifes, MMA gloves, gumshields and pipes on the off chance that England started a bit of trouble :lol: They said they were going to cause trouble and they have.
So the British media is blaming the Russian fans and the Russian media is blaming the English fans. Nice. That surely won't bridge the gap. :D I just hope it won't escalate. UEFA threatening with kicking out one of the teams was probably a good idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)