Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (69 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
They reached the final of Euro 1980 and the last four of the WC 1986. Other than that nothing special. If we beat Isreal tomorrow we'll be no.1 on the FIFA's World Ranking. I agree that the system is a bit flawed, but still, we have a very decent team.
They are easily top 5 if we look at the individuals.

I rate De Bruyne and Eden really high(Hazard for me is 3rd or 4th best player in the world), then you have the likes of Lukaku, Nainggolan, Mertens, Chadli and few others who are good.

I don't know if their coach is good and can find a good system but if he does, it wouldn't shock me if they go to the semi's or even final.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
They are easily top 5 if we look at the individuals.

I rate De Bruyne and Eden really high(Hazard for me is 3rd or 4th best player in the world), then you have the likes of Lukaku, Nainggolan, Mertens, Chadli and few others who are good.

I don't know if their coach is good and can find a good system but if he does, it wouldn't shock me if they go to the semi's or even final.
There is a lot of criticism towards the coach. But in my mind with that squad, with that experience and that talent, I expect the players to figure it out themselves.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
FIGC President Carlo Tavecchio says Italy are targeting the Euro 2016 semi-finals “at the minimum.” :lol:

Supposes i shouldn't laugh because Italy has a habit of somehow pulling it together when it counts but still lol Italy is garbage since Conte took over

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Supposes i shouldn't laugh because Italy has a habit of somehow pulling it together when it counts but still lol Italy is garbage since Conte took over
Bar EURO 2012, Italy have been weak as hell since 2006. They've done pretty well under Conte actually, if you disregard that friendlies and qualifiers don't mean shit and never have really been successful in predicting how a team would perform at tournaments.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's really not all that poor at full strength. Lacking a good forward, though.
Yeah not getting enough credit for some of the good quality that is there.

Buffon

Florenzi - Bonucci - Chiellini - Darmian

Verratti - De Rossi - Marchisio

Candreva/Berardi - Pelle - Insigne/Eder.

Itztli

'Curious'
May 12, 2011

Buffon

That's a good bet for the 1/4 maybe semifinals if things pan out. Italy lack real goalscoring threat however.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Buffon

Add in form Balotelli and its a damn good team relative to todays shitty standards and opponents

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
While I fully agree, the same can be said of most other euro teams.

Germany is good, belgium thinks its good, thats about it
Imo it's between us and the Germans. All others are vastly inferior. But Italy and now Spain too have a culture of winning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)