Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (9 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Nice.

The stupid Balkan peasants fight each other and we give no points to anyone. Yet, they still blame each other, even after we somehow made it possible both teams to leave the match with 0 points, which suits only Denmark and Portugal.

That's UEFA talking up there, with Denmark and Portugal laughing.

P.S: Uefa also wants to tell you that you're free to do the same. They won't mind to give you both 0 points from your next encounter.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Nice.

The stupid Balkan peasants fight each other and we give no points to anyone. Yet, they still blame each other, even after we somehow made it possible both teams to leave the match with 0 points, which suits only Denmark and Portugal.

That's UEFA talking up there, with Denmark and Portugal laughing.

P.S: Uefa also wants to tell you that you're free to do the same. They won't mind to give you both 0 points from your next encounter.
:tup:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But in all honesty, it's truly laughable how the Albanians were given 0 points from all this. Since the Albanian FA wasn't given tickets and officially there were no Albanian fans, Albania can't be held accountable for the drone and for whoever flew that shit. Unless they find the pilot and they can prove that he did that in agreement with some Albanian FA official, they simply can't punish the Albanian team for the drone. And they actually didn't punish them for that, but they punished them for the refusal to continue the match after the horrors their players witnessed with the angry crowd entering the pitch in order to beat them (with one guy actually hitting an Albanian player with a chair). I mean, wtf? I don't know the details and if the Albanians were asked to play the game in front of empty stands or some other day, but if they were asked to continue straight away, you can't punish them for the refusal. You should punish yourselves for asking them to continue.
Serbia actually had to be punished somehow, so the crowd ban and the fine are ok, especially after making sure that the Serbs will get 0 pts from this match after the -3 point deduction.

What I find strange though, is that even after this the Albanians continue to direct their anger towards Serbia. It's UEFA that's fucking you, and you can bet that Denmark and Portugal (much more powerful in UEFA than Serbia) fully supported today's decision.

And finally, I can't help but laugh at the Albanian fans who went out to celebrate in numbers that night. First they celebrated that a match was abandoned at 0:0, and now it turns out that they celebrated a 3:0 defeat.

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
You find him worse than the previous coach? A Greek friend of mine absolutely HATED the previous coach.
Santos, who is now Portugal's NT coach, made a team that without even good football, took the results.
Players gave with him, their 100% and we were on all big tournaments. Now, Ranieri it's obvious that he doesn't know greek mindset.

Santos isn't somethin' special, i hate his playing style, but he created a -team-.

We should sign Bielsa instead of Ranieri.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Santos, who is now Portugal's NT coach, made a team that without even good football, took the results.
Players gave with him, their 100% and we were on all big tournaments. Now, Ranieri it's obvious that he doesn't know greek mindset.

Santos isn't somethin' special, i hate his playing style, but he created a -team-.

We should sign Bielsa instead of Ranieri.
would he want to coach Greece though

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
some interesting games today.

Italy - Croatia
Belgium - Wales
Czech - Iceland
the genocide state - Bosnia

Italy and Croatia should be a great game. lets see how will Conte set up his team against an opponent that is in better form and probably more motivated than his squad. the 1st big test for his as the NT coach

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
This Belgium team is the most overrated team at international level in history.
In history? I doubt it.
I think the coach is holding the team back, with a coach with much more experience on the highest level, I think we could make that extra step, surely the guys have it in them.
For example the fact that he picks Fellaini over Nainggolan, who in his sane mind does that? Fellaini offers nothing extra to this team, only elbows and faults.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Faroes and Luxembourg are probably skewing the perception of that because they actually have run a few teams close or grabbed draws or the odd win here and there. They and Malta are a tier above the very bottom tier Euro minnows, Malta always have been. San Marino, Andorra, Liechtenstein and Gibraltar are the four that should always be beaten by at least 2 or 3, no matter the opposition.

The reality is that football's format suits giant killing far more so than other popular team sports, and as these players get fitter and able to set up competent tactical units they have the odd chance to steal a point or maybe even nick a goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)