Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (45 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think it's because I heard some comentator mention it and it stuck in my mind. Had no idea who walcott even is before I saw him at the WC in 2006 with England
He was a shock call up as he had no EPL experience and had only played a handful of games for Southampton.

Jun 6, 2015
England always go by short term individual form when picking their team that's why they always disappoint. Other nations build their teams for four years and are not afraid to leave individuals out if they don't fit the teams tactics.

In the last World Cup only two years ago the team was full of Liverpool players because they had done well. Southampton and Everton players were also involved as they had good seasons as well. This year Leicester and Tottenham players dominate the selections for obvious reasons.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Well, maybe choking is a harsh word, but I do think their squad had the potential to win the tournament (even if they weren't favorites). This was Rooney at his best, and Lampard and Gerrard at their peak. Sure, they lacked players in certain positions (goalkeeper, among others), but overall I think they had a strong team. At least on paper.

This is the lineup in 2006:
Damn, that's a pretty fucking loaded team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)