Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (10 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Hazard, De Bruyne, Courtois and Carrasco are four players who are, without a shadow of a doubt world class. In defense we had Vermaelen (injured a lot but when fit very good) and Vertonghen-Alderweireld who have performed great for Tottenham.

The hype makes an awful lot of sense for people who actually watch football. As individuals, we have more talent than you think.

Portugal was really only Rui Costa and Figo.

Give Allegri or Conte our team and we'd win everything four years straight.
Those who thought Andy Carroll and Harry Kane were/are world class were also actually watching football.

Portugal's two real world class players were Rui Costa and Figo (the four you mentioned, except maybe for Hazard, are very unlikely to ever be at that level) but you can't dismiss Couto, Sousa or Baia when you mention (fairly boastfully) Vermaelen and Vertonghen :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Those who thought Andy Carroll and Harry Kane were/are world class were also actually watching football.

Portugal's two real world class players were Rui Costa and Figo (the four you mentioned, except maybe for Hazard, are very unlikely to ever be at that level) but you can't dismiss Couto, Sousa or Baia when you mention (fairly boastfully) Vermaelen and Vertonghen :p
First of all there is nothing wrong with Harry Kane. I hate the guy, but he's a quality striker, just had an awful tournament. You can't compare him to Carroll who has always been shit.

Rui Costa's career was rather poor and that's coming from a fan. As for Portugal back then.. No, I'm not impressed at all.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
You remember his statistics that season? 20 goals, 15 assists.
eden has 36 goals and 41 assists in 147 ligue 1 games.
luca toni has 38 goals and 15 assists in only 60 bundesliga games.

is luca toni suddenly or ever was world class (given that bundesliga is better than the french league) ?

just the numbers do not tell the whole story. same goes for marchisio... if you play casper the friendly (and foremost) invisible ghost in crucial games, then you are simply not world class and from what i have seen from de bruyne he is a similar casper.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
eden has 36 goals and 41 assists in 147 ligue 1 games.
luca toni has 38 goals and 15 assists in only 60bundesliga games.

is luca toni suddenly or ever was world class (given that bundesliga is better than the french league) ?

just the numbers do not tell the whole story. same goes for marchisio... if you play casper the friendly (and foremost) invisible ghost in crucial games, then you are simply not world class and from what i have seen from de bruyne he is a similar casper.
The point was Hazard never really did much for his club acclrding to you lot. He was elected player of the season and scored 20 goals and gave 15 assists while his team got the title.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
The point was Hazard never really did much for his club acclrding to you lot. He was elected player of the season and scored 20 goals and gave 15 assists while his team got the title.
sry, then i did not make myself clear enough.

for me : world class = undisputed best on his position. this is accumulated by being the leader in a difficult game against a superior opponent. just remember balotelli vs. germany in 2012. balotelli scored two great goals against all odds for a bad italy while playing against a superior germany. If you do this consistently then you are world class (thats why balo is not world class). That is actually why (sad to say that) alessandro del piero has not been world class. he did some great stuff against dortmund before his injury, after that he did great stuff against real madrid but sadly he was a choker with italy (apart from that one magical night against germany 2006).

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
sry, then i did not make myself clear enough.

for me : world class = undisputed best on his position. this is accumulated by being the leader in a difficult game against a superior opponent. just remember balotelli vs. germany in 2012. balotelli scored two great goals against all odds for a bad italy while playing against a superior germany. If you do this consistently then you are world class (thats why balo is not world class). That is actually why (sad to say that) alessandro del piero has not been world class. he did some great stuff against dortmund before his injury, after that he did great stuff against real madrid but sadly he was a choker with italy (apart from that one magical night against germany 2006).
Way to ruin it buddy. Now I've remembered you.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No one is ever the undisputed best. And Ronaldo and Messi have won zilch with their NT, so going by your criteria they are not world class.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Way to ruin it buddy. Now I've remembered you.
dude, i was a del piero fan myself and have several jerseys of him, but that does not make me blind to the fact that i have seen other players in the national team that did way better. on a club level is one thing and for that we can be grateful to have had him but for italy he never made it and that is why i would not disagree if somebody would call other players that played second striker during his period and actually performed for club and country better

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
#Euro2016 #GER(3-4-3) Neuer; Boateng, Höwedes, Hummels; Hector, Khedira, Kroos, Kimmich; Özil, Müller, Gomez #GERITA

- - - Updated - - -

OFFICIAL

Italy: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Florenzi, Sturaro, Parolo, Giaccherini, De Sciglio; Eder, Pellè

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)