Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (76 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Btw that was one great match. Finally something worth watching on this shit Euro.

Italy destroyed them. I'm so glad they went through... but man, Germany now, that's gonna be hell.
I had a feeling before the game that the winner of this game won't beat Germany. We will see. No holding mid might be an option.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Italy have zero quality apart from their defence. But it seems that it just doesn't matter.
It's not zero but many mediocre players.

Gigi, Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini and De Rossi are that strong pillar. Pelle is decent (I don't rate the guy) while Insigne is very talented and useful. Giachh is also a very useful player.

Eder, Parolo are :tdown:

But yeah, compare to the old Italian squad this one is way, way too weak. But apparently it's not just about the names on the paper. Italy proved way too many times that you can't write them off even when they have a shitty team. They might struggle against weakest teams out there but they can also beat the strongest. I believe it's their defensive output & great coaching. I don't care what others say but Conte is a brilliant coach.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's not zero but many mediocre players.

Gigi, Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini and De Rossi are that strong pillar. Pelle is decent (I don't rate the guy) while Insigne is very talented and useful. Giachh is also a very useful player.

Eder, Parolo are :tdown:

But yeah, compare to the old Italian squad this one is way, way too weak. But apparently it's not just about the names on the paper. Italy proved way too many times that you can't write them off even when they have a shitty team. They might struggle against weakest teams out there but they can also beat the strongest. I believe it's their defensive output & great coaching. I don't care what others say but Conte is a brilliant coach.
Tactically they are superior to the others, it's reducing the gap. That comes from Conte, as does getting the best out of limited players.

- - - Updated - - -

It really sucks they have to face Germany already
Sucks for Germany.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)