Euro 2012 LIVE (49 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm in the same boat, tied for the first place, the price is like £180.

I'm currently leaning towards a 0-0 in 90 minutes, but an early goal would screw me.
I think I'm three points off the lead, I think, so I need a perfect prediction including scorer to get anywhere.

I've gone for 0-0, as it gives me the best chance of getting maximum points since I don't need to pick a first scorer.

---------- Post added 01.07.2012 at 16:57 ----------

I think the best player in the tournament has undoubtedly been Pirlo.
Quite possibly, but his performances against England and Germany have been completely overrated.

They were both good performances, but nothing extraordinary by Pirlo's standards.

Buy on AliExpress.com

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Yup, out of the attacking players, the only one who has impressed really has been Iniesta. but he hasn't been as productive and effective as Pirlo has.
the entire spanish team has looked lackluster ... and just to point out, this would be a great opportunity for you to highlight Pep as a masterful tactician and main factor behind Barca's success, considering Del Bosque can't get them to click. :klin:

you are welcome :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
the entire spanish team has looked lackluster ... and just to point out, this would be a great opportunity for you to highlight Pep as a masterful tactician and main factor behind Barca's success, considering Del Bosque can't get them to click. :klin:

He's a horrible troll.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

I don't even think Del Bosque is trying to play the "Guardiola" way to be honest.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
To be fair I think Barcelona would look this way if they lost their speedy dribblers and forwards.

Should they play a lineup of valdes, Alves, puyol, piqué, abidal, Mascherano, Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and say Keita, they would look similar to what Spain plays.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ya, but Barca at least under Pep wouldnt have played that way unless forced. They always had to have a Messi, Sanchez, Cuenca, Tello or Pedro somewhere in there.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
To be fair I think Barcelona would look this way if they lost their speedy dribblers and forwards.

Should they play a lineup of valdes, Alves, puyol, piqué, abidal, Mascherano, Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and say Keita, they would look similar to what Spain plays.
nah, doubt Pep would play Alonso and Busquets at the same time when he has Xavi, Iniesta, Fab and Pedro available. And would probably never go for a player as static as Arbeloa at RB but either Ramos or Iraola (not called up now but very similar to what Alves provides at Barca), depending on the LB, I guess.
mid would probably be Iniesta/Alcantara - Busquets - Xavi, and up front Mata/Iniesta - Fabregas/Torres - Pedro/Silva.

Del Bosue's tactics and utilization of his available personnel have been subpar to say the least, playing up front with 3 attacking mids, who generally lack that cutting edge and ability to score and look only to pass the ball to someone else ... someone else who is usually not there as no one is making the run, hence the lack of penetration.

On top of that, he tends to put on a pure winger like Navas, who's natural instinct is to cross the ball in the small PA, without a pure striker up front but midgets like Silva or Fabregas, who stood no chance vs the tall CBs of Croatia or Portugal, for example. A pairing of Navas and Torres/Llorente would make some sort of sense but one of Navas and Fabregas is a headscratcher, very much like the results it has produced.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
nah, doubt Pep would play Alonso and Busquets at the same time when he has Xavi, Iniesta, Fab and Pedro available. And would probably never go for a player as static as Arbeloa at RB but either Ramos or Iraola (not called up now but very similar to what Alves provides at Barca), depending on the LB, I guess.
mid would probably be Iniesta/Alcantara - Busquets - Xavi, and up front Mata/Iniesta - Fabregas/Torres - Pedro/Silva.

Del Bosue's tactics and utilization of his available personnel have been subpar to say the least, playing up front with 3 attacking mids, who generally lack that cutting edge and ability to score and look only to pass the ball to someone else ... someone else who is usually not there as no one is making the run, hence the lack of penetration.

On top of that, he tends to put on a pure winger like Navas, who's natural instinct is to cross the ball in the small PA, without a pure striker up front but midgets like Silva or Fabregas, who stood no chance vs the tall CBs of Croatia or Portugal, for example. A pairing of Navas and Torres/Llorente would make some sort of sense but one of Navas and Fabregas is a headscratcher, very much like the results it has produced.
:tup:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
:disagree:

If you are going by the 'lesser of two evils' approach i.e. you don't much like either side, surely you should be going for the one that won't be doing something truly historic, such as winning three tournaments in a row.

Spain winning will be remembered and spoken about for a lot longer than Italy winning.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'll take that. I'd rather maintain the status quo than go through the BS you have to put up with after Italy wins a major trophy.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I'll take that. I'd rather maintain the status quo than go through the BS you have to put up with after Italy wins a major trophy.
I thought it's because of Van Persie. You are sure he won't go to Barcelona because of what happened in Champions League 10/11 but not so sure about not going to Juve. :klin:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

Yet Del Bosque is winning and Pep was was fired because he was humiliated by Di Matteo. Yes, Pep was fired. The Barca propaganda is lying to us.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I thought it's because of Van Persie. You are sure he won't go to Barcelona because of what happened in Champions League 10/11 but not so sure about not going to Juve. :klin:
Man, Henry called Puyol a "woman", and Barca a "dirty team" after the 2006 final, that didnt stop him from joining them a year later :p

though i do agree, that Italy winning the Euro's will probably do a world of good to Juventus, in terms of making it a more attractive place to play.

---------- Post added 01.07.2012 at 21:28 ----------

Yet Del Bosque is winning and Pep was was fired because he was humiliated by Di Matteo. Yes, Pep was fired. The Barca propaganda is lying to us.
Nice try :D

Pep's record only lacks an international trophy. Do you think if he coached Spain, he'll dominate football again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)