Euro 2012 LIVE (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Livescore statistics show that Portugal had 0 shots on goal. Why you guys praising them. And yes Spain is boring, and Yes, Ronaldo's freekicks are cack, the amount of free kicks he takes is huge and his ratio conversion should be very low.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Livescore statistics show that Portugal had 0 shots on goal. Why you guys praising them. And yes Spain is boring, and Yes, Ronaldo's freekicks are cack, the amount of free kicks he takes is huge and his ratio conversion should be very low.

yes both teams played bad althrough portugal deserved it more during the 90 minutes while spain deserved it more after extra-time . Tiki Taka has been boring this year because it hasn't worked when barca used to finish their matches 8-0 it didn't seem that boring to me . I agree with ronaldos free kick , he has never seemed to me as a free kick expert , i think his main attribute is that he hits the ball very hard , he doesn't really add a lot of curve or anything

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Most boring game so far, the only good thing about Spain is Alonso.

On to business.
@acmilan

Germany vs Italy

1-0 for the krauts, 2-0 might be plausible too.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
spain play such disgusting negative play. fuckin' bored through the match and they ruined every counter attack for Porto by fouls and ofcourse CR7 ruined some with his decision making.. but spain doesn't deserve to win this title. Germany or Italy and i hope Italy..

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Most boring game so far, the only good thing about Spain is Alonso.

On to business.
@acmilan

Germany vs Italy

1-0 for the krauts, 2-0 might be plausible too.
1-1 or 2-0/2-1 for Germany, depending on what players Italy can recover - Abate is likely to be ready, but I have my doubts about Chiellini and De Rossi being rushed into recovery and possibly aggravating their injuries in the game. Also depends on who starts for Italy - rumours of Diamanti starting would put Italy at a disadvantage, I think. Schweini is also having fitness issues for Germany but seems he will make it.

If Italy can play Chiellini at the back and De Rossi in midfield, I think it would be a scoring draw, say 1-1. Otherwise, especially if they miss De Rossi, then a win for the Germans.

I think Germany would know better than England to leave acres of free space for Pirlo to pick them apart - England actually did very well in that regard in the first 35 or so min of the game but then dropped back way too deep for whatever reason, don't think the Germans would make such a mistake and it's not in their style anyway. I wouldn't be surprised to see Germany pull a Bayern and slot Kroos as an advanced mid behind the front 3 to be Pirlo's shadow either.
The extra time played and the shorter rest for Italy would likely have their say as the game progresses.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
1-1 or 2-0/2-1 for Germany, depending on what players Italy can recover - Abate is likely to be ready, but I have my doubts about Chiellini and De Rossi being rushed into recovery and possibly aggravating their injuries in the game. Also depends on who starts for Italy - rumours of Diamanti starting would put Italy at a disadvantage, I think. Schweini is also having fitness issues for Germany but seems he will make it.

If Italy can play Chiellini at the back and De Rossi in midfield, I think it would be a scoring draw, say 1-1. Otherwise, especially if they miss De Rossi, then a win for the Germans.

I think Germany would know better than England to leave acres of free space for Pirlo to pick them apart - England actually did very well in that regard in the first 35 or so min of the game but then dropped back way too deep for whatever reason, don't think the Germans would make such a mistake and it's not in their style anyway. I wouldn't be surprised to see Germany pull a Bayern and slot Kroos as an advanced mid behind the front 3 to be Pirlo's shadow either.
The extra time played and the shorter rest for Italy would likely have their say as the game progresses.
I don't consider diamanti a problem for italy , he is a very talented player from what i know about him the only reason he didn't have a better career is his mind , he has considered football as a hoby not as a proffesion never took it very seriosly . If abate is not available italy are in deep shit , in contrast i see sweini playing as a plus for italy , his last match was horrible and if he is not in top form i would play kroos in his place . I also think that the germans will mark pirlo carefully , the weak point of the germans in my opinion is their defense , they attack with a lot of man and usually they are left with only their 2 cb defending as also seen with the match with greece . I also think that italy will have the same problem with counter-attacks and that they will be more defensive , in the last match the english were absolutely horrible they could not link 2 passes the germans are much better at counterattacing and i think this will make the italians be more careful in the back .
That said it can go either way , i predict a match with a lot of goals and with the germans in the final .

P.S If podolski plays the germans will lose

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Two cuntish teams playing each other. Too bad the bigger cunt of a team had to go through.

Fuck Spain are boring. I'd rather have my nails pulled out than watch the trash they serve up when playing. Sideways and backwards passing wankers.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Very good effort from Portugal tonight.

If they had a bench they just have been able to sneak a win out of that game.

Couldn't fault the any Portugal players, other than Ronaldo, and the coach set them up well to press and disrupt Spain.

Spain had a bench and used it well.

Bringing on Pedro and Navas to pin Portugal's fullbacks back was probably the turning point in the match. Once Spain did that Portugal really had no forward thrust and couldn't keep the ball.

That, combined with tiredness, forced them onto the back foot and by the end it looked increasingly likely Spain would score.

Credit to Portugal, particularly the CBs, for holding on and getting to penalties, though.

Would love to know what happened with Portugal and the penalties.

Was Alves taking out of order? Even if he was, why was it so important that Nani take that particular penalty?

Did Ronaldo or the coach decide Ronaldo was to take penalty No. 5? If it was Ronaldo then it was an unacceptable instance of pusuing personal glory and the coach shouldn't have allowed it.

Very many shootouts don't require all five takers, especially from the team taking second, so you shouldn't be holding back good penalty takers.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
They are saying Portugal is boring because they are dependent on Ronaldo
Fact: Portugal only qualified for Euro 2008 when/because Ronaldo got injured. This year they beat Denmark 3-2 when Ronaldo was absolutely terrible.

how would have portugal fared if mourinho was their coach tonight
Better, probably. That said, Bento Box has done a decent job with his boys. What I like about him is that he lets the players play to their abilities and gets out of the way. Carlos Queiroz, on the other hand, knew nothing about that. :andyandbarcelona:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I agree. Portugal may have looked alright but they had no clear chances at all. Spain definitely deserved it from what I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)