Euro 2012 Draws & Seedings (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The nine winners and the runner-up with the best record against the top five in their pool qualify directly for the final tournament. The eight remaining runners-up contest play-off matches in November 2011 to decide the final four names to join co-hosts Poland and Ukraine.
I am sure the question about what teams will qualify in what matter will still pop up at least 37 times until the qualifications are over.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
good draw for romania...we'll battle with bosnia and belarus for the 2nd position..but it's inacceptable not to qualify..as individual players we are better than them..hope our level of playing will be higher

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Scotland.......

we're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEED
Is that a general comment or on the draw itself?

I don't think it's too bad a draw, as Scotland aren't going to win the group no matter who was top seed.

It could have been a lot worse.

May 22, 2007
And to make it even better (for us) the new players are not even close to good old Italy's material. I mean, Criscito, Santacroce, Ranocchia in defense is nothing. Bunch of players with 'potential'. They lost and they will lose all their leaders. You can't even compare it to Grosso - Canna - Nesta - Zambrotta

In the midfield they will have De Rossi who is great. Camo to retire, they will lose a lot. About Pirlo, even if he stays there I wouldn't mind. He's not the old self anymore.

In attack there's Gila, Pazzini, Rossi. I don't rate any of those that much, especially the poachers.

I don't know, the new generation of Italy is not a threat IMO. I don't think they can reach top with those players.
If you're going to compare the defenses then use Santon-Ranocchia-Chiellini-Criscito and we'll see in a five years whether they are capable (or whether they will be the best 4 defenders). Chiellini/Buffon/De Rossi will still be there and I'd say that they're pretty big leaders as well.

Cassano will probably called up, Balotelli and Giovinco too. And there's the likes of Marchisio and Candreva still coming up. It's not like Biondini and Marchionni are taking over all of a sudden. And I think you know how I disagree about two of those forwards mentioned:p

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Armenia was drawn with Azerbaijan, but since there was some rule these two teams not to be in the same group, Armenia was transfered to group 2.
Again? :lol:

That would have been one sexy of a group if that rule didn't stand, Turkey, Azerbaijan and Armenia :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Portugal and Denmark :D I'm gonna insult the shit out of Ronaldo
Denmark... again?!?! :wth:

Yeah, and this Portuguese NT fan is hoping, as with WC quals, Ronaldo is out injured for all the matches so the team has a chance of advancing to the finals.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Germany, Turkey and Austria, oh boy.

And I read today, Hiddink will probably become the next coach of Turkey.
That doesn't make it easier for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)