Euro 2008 qualif's draw (2 Viewers)

Sep 28, 2002
theennis said:
yes it is the easiest group. and equal one too. i am saying four, maybe even five teams from this group can go to the EC.

p.s. how do you mean "again"? this is the first time i am happy beacuse of our opponents
you took 4 undeserved points from lithuania last year. i'll never get over that.

theennis

Jan 27, 2006
Fliakis said:
you took 4 undeserved points from lithuania last year. i'll never get over that.
undeserved???????????? hahahhahaa

common, you were lucky you got 1 point from sarajevo. we are better team and you know that. if you and spain weren't so damn lucky we would be playing in WC:(

Sep 28, 2002
dont care about spain. but you weren't the better side in sarajevo.

just forget. you got the points, end of story. went through this with zlatan too many times already.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
theennis said:
Group C final standings:

1. Turkey
2. Bosnia & Herzegovina
3. Greece
4. Norway
5. Hungary
6. Moldova
7. Malta

Optimistic but not impossible
greece will be happy if they can finish 5th in this group...i cant see them going through....moldova is underrated and turkey will be pretty solid, bosnia looked good also in wc q....

bosnia can go on definetly....greece is weaker, norway doesnt have many strong players....

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
who do you think have the strongest team...ok many players might end NT career after wc2006 but i personally think england, italy and holland....and holland has much less work to do then italy.....

f-ck i am scared that lippi might put azzurri in the winning ways but loose then in the final....

I hope lippi uses new forwards in euro....cassano and gila will play already in wc2006 so they could be the starters...but i think players like these should play (and other younger ones...)talking about forwards then...very nice list imo...cassano and gila probably start (dont know if toni is still in form 2008) but i dont want to see vieri, pippo and actually i think even dp should end NT career after wc2006...his chanses to play are so bad with club and he would be something like 34....

i know using young players might be riscy. especially against team like france...but as i said cassano and gila will already play wc2006 so i really think they are gona be the mane attacking force....pazzini is gona be next star in viola his really good.
Rossi well he can play AM for example....and i am talking about Giuseppe rossi...though de rossi should play also....

1. Cassano
2. Gilardino
3. Pazzini
4. Rossi
5. Volpato
6. Toni

I know some might say why young players but italy youths did well last time(in youth competition) and i really think after the wc its start for new generation in attack....
Volpato i think juve might took him back from loan and might use like as a 4 or 5 striker....(sell zala and give him playing time in club...so more just a backup....)

I dont want to see vieri, dp, di vaios or pippos or even tottis in euro2008......i know it might look weak or something but as i said its start for new generation....even if we dont have the best year in euro i think we are going to be fantastic in next world cup.....italy has a very good future in attack.....

theennis

Jan 27, 2006
Stephan said:
greece will be happy if they can finish 5th in this group...i cant see them going through....moldova is underrated and turkey will be pretty solid, bosnia looked good also in wc q....

bosnia can go on definetly....greece is weaker, norway doesnt have many strong players....
thank you :D

OP
Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #119
    @ Venom and Erkka:

We also just changed coach. René Vandereyken replaced Aimé Antheunis.

The new coach is quite defensive, it seems that we are going back to the defensive tactics that gave us our (limited) glory in the 1980-1990 period.

As for the team, it's quite OK. Our defence isn't too bad. Most famous players: Kompany, Van Buyten, Mpenza, Buffel, Sonck, Pieroni, Goor,...

And I agree on Portugal struggling in the ex-USSR. I smell a 0-0 in Baku or something... :)

And I don't underestimate Finland. I remember that 4-1 indeed.

Anyway, good luck for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)