Euro 2008 LIVE (59 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
At the bookmakers, yes.
bookmakers are fool man. They made odds for France and Italy to win the tournament, I mean they were the favorites, while we all know that wasn't the case. And also, they gave Turkey like 4 against Croatia, at the time when Croats were shitting in their pans before the game. The only surprise so far is the elimination of the Netherlands, they were not going to win, but to get kicked out by the Russians??

Buy on AliExpress.com

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
:lol::lol::lol:

don't worry about him he is just a Dutch prick with orange sunglasses on
they are always so full of themselves and always think they are the best in the world
I should know as my mother is Dutch
hahaha I'm the one laughing now mommy dear
First of all i'm half Italian,Second of all i was very dissapointed,but to give me names thats total bullshit, I never stated that holland is the best in the world, i always critising them, Compare it to see Juve losing, you feel down and blame everything add a little alcohol with that and you get my reaction.
Tbh it's kinda sad too call people names because they think theyre country is great and for once played good and decent football in a tournament but then again from a guy who is laughing at his own mother i dont expect more.
And yes vd Sar was the best keeper, and yes he was by far better then Gigi, but Gigi has hopefully another 3 matches to shine!If vd Sar wasnt there yesterday Russia ownend us with 6-0 because the dutch defense sucks!

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
You take Roman (who often finds it difficult to the rear end of a donkey with a banjo) for Liverpool, and I'll take Arshavin (shame about the name) for us.

He was by far their most influential player this tournament: he really is having a good one.
What? That makes no sense. Proof read next time.

But ok. Fair trade. We do need a back up to Torres. Arshavin wouldn't cut it in the EPL anyway. I think he could play well in Spain or France though.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Before I roll out, let me throw out a big Forza Espana. Let's go Reds.

It's hard not to like Spain when a quarter of your favorite club team is Spanish.:D

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #3,811
    and in my opinion, Turkey beating Croatia was no surprise, Turkey by mile has more talented players, and plus they have a great coach.
    I must disagree with this.
    If you say that the Turks have a better team, better coach then i can't say that you're wrong (neither that you're right). And i'm not talking about the crippled Turkish team that played against Croatia. I'm talking about a team with Basturk, the other Altintop, Emre etc.

But if you're talking pure talent then i disagree.
    Turkey indeed has extremely talented players. The talent was always there though. What they lacked was better organization and better conditions to develop.
    Apart from Portugal and Spain, no-one in western/northern europe has more talented players than Turkey.
    But it's a little different when you compare the Turkish with the ex-Yu players. The Croats, the Serbs, the Montenegrins, partly Macedonians and especially the Bosnians who are imo the most talented of them all.
    Unlike in other countries, in these ex-yu countries, or at least in Croatia, you can't play football if you aren't extremely talented.
    You won't find a Servet Cetin or a Marco Materazzi in Croatia. Only those who were the greatest talents when they were 9 or 10 become professional footballers.
    The Bosnians were always the most technical players or the best dribblers. What we lack is money to develop the talent. Just look at the ones with yugo origins who grew up in other countries and you'll see a typical ex-yu talent in Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Talent who had all the conditions to develop into a world class footballer.

You watch the guys play futsal and you get the feeling that you're in some Brazilian beach watching the guys play football.
    Similar futsal i've seen only in Lloret de mar and Sevilla in Spain and probably they are even better in Portugal.
    Turkey is also high on this list but they aren't on par with us.

The Northern Africans are very similar to the Balkans, the Spaniards and the Portuguese when talent is concerned. Give them great conditions and you get Zinedine Zidane.

To sum up, the Turks aren't more talented than the Croats. And certainly not by a mile.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Good. A Reds fan I see, well the shoe fits. Hope he's cheering for Spain, since he so strongly felt that Holland would destroy Russia :rofl2:
    Too bad someone had to point that out for you. A simple look down the page would have saved you the trouble.

At least I stick to my guns and don't go looking for the next glory wagon to come along. :rofl2:

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Yeah I bet that's the closest you've ever come to Italy :rolleyes: How did you choose to support Juve again?
    Who says I ever want to go to Italy. :rolleyes: If the Italy fans of this forum are in any way and accurate reflection of real live Italian Italy fans then I can say there are many other places I'd rather go.

How did you come to support Juve again?

juventus1897

Sep 19, 2006
    I don't know what you are insinuating, but my father has been a lifelong Juve fan, just like his father before him. I'm cheering for MY national team, not for someone else's. Tell me now, how did an american come to choose the Reds? Number of trophys?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I don't know what you are insinuating, but my father has been a lifelong Juve fan, just like his father before him. I'm cheering for MY national team, not for someone else's. Tell me now, how did an american come to choose the Reds? Number of trophys?
    So you're saying your genitori forced you into supporting Juve and it wasn't a conscious decision for you? By that measure, Enron at least showed some free will when choosing whom to support compared to you then.

Now I'm just making a counter-argument and am playing devil's advocate here. :devil: But there's been a lot of silly chat here lately about who supports what national team and why, and when is it actually "valid" to do so, that has made me want to :inter:.

Let's get over it. There are some seriously loyalist Juve fans here in the U.S. besides me who aren't even the least bit Italian, and I don't think less of them or their Juve loyalty for it. So put it to bed.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Here we go again.

So because I'm an American, I'm not allowed to have an opinion on the Euros? Get out of here with that crap.

I thought Holland would win because they were the best team in the tourney during the group stages. Russia were not. If you actually do some reading you'll find I gave kudos to Russia for exploiting the Dutch weaknesses and went as far to say that Pavlychenko was the best finisher in the tourney. If that's not an unbiased opinion, I don't know what is.

And yes I'm rooting for Spain for the simple fact that a quarter of the Liverpool squad play for them. I don't think there is anything wrong with that because as you said I am an American, which means my team aren't in this so I can root for whoever I want. It isn't as if Spain are perennial powers in major tourneys, if anything they are perennial chokers. So there goes your glory hunting theory.

That said, the US squares off against Barbados today. If I were able to watch the game I would cheer them on. My work won't show the game. But considering we are up 8-0 on aggregate I don't think it is necessary.

As for my love of Liverpool I went and looked at each and every team in the world and chose based on trophies. That and the whole killing people thing really turned me on. :rolleyes:

Actually I have a real heartwarming and legit story about how I became a Liverpool fan. Perhaps one day I'll share it with you. I haven't the time right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)