Euro 2008 Fantasy Football (2 Viewers)

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    How the heck did you people change your formation?Im stuck with 4-4-2.
    When you have a full lineup, there's a couple things you can do.

1. Click the yellow arrow under a fielded player to bench 'em and make your bench player take the pitch. That's how you can change formations a little.

2. Select a captain, who will get double points.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    When you have a full lineup, there's a couple things you can do.

1. Click the yellow arrow under a fielded player to bench 'em and make your bench player take the pitch. That's how you can change formations a little.

2. Select a captain, who will get double points.
    Yeah i know about the captain.Plus,can we add and remove players now?Or is this our final 12?Im too lazy to read the rules.

Ranieri? Is that you?
    Capello:eyebrows:

Zlatan's my captain afterall:flag:

OP
    swag

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #26
    Yeah i know about the captain.Plus,can we add and remove players now?Or is this our final 12?Im too lazy to read the rules.
    Nope. Unlimited transfers at this stage it seems. I think when the real matches start, they're going to impose penalty points if you do more than 1-2 transfers per round (they typically do that).

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    I put Frei on the bench when I put my team together a week ago, but I've neglected to check back and apparently he scored today. These friendlies count, right?

OP
    swag

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #29
    Crap. Those fools at UEFA/McDonald's blew the game away now that things have switched over to the actual competition. So I had to create a new Juventuz league (they made the old one disappear):

http://en.fantasy.euro2008.uefa.com/
    League: Juventuz
    League Code: 6480-1577

:(

gsol

Oct 14, 2007
    The new code doesn't work.

Whoever is the admin for the old one needs to wait until the option for "Start Scoring on June 7th" appears and then select it. We'll all start at 0.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003

Whoever is the admin for the old one needs to wait until the option for "Start Scoring on June 7th" appears and then select it. We'll all start at 0.
    It's working,just copy & paste from here.
    we already joined the league so it's all fine with it.

gsol

Oct 14, 2007
    OK I guess there are different versions of the same thing. I already had a team but the whole layout was different.

OP
    swag

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #38

"6480-1577 is not a valid code to join a league"
    OK I guess there are different versions of the same thing. I already had a team but the whole layout was different.
    The big problem is UEFA's site. They have two different doors into essentially the same McDonald's-sponsored game.

Trouble is that when I opened this thread, everything was directed towards one version at:
    http://en.euro2008fantasy.uefa.com/M/myteam.mc

But here's the kicker. That league is dead in the water. For example, you look at player profiles and they have no "Next Opponent". Matchday 3, which was this weekend, is as far as this train goes. For that game: "Juventuz — Code to join this league: 54647-7731".

So what UEFA did in their infinite wisdom is open up an entirely duplicate instance of the McDonald's-sponsored game at a slightly different URL that they started promoting on their site this past week at:
    http://en.fantasy.euro2008.uefa.com/M/myteam.mc

Notice the subtle difference in URLs between the two games. In this instance, it's not exactly identical as the other, because the player uniforms look different (less "blocky"). Player costs are also slightly different. But, most importantly, you'll see things like this in player profiles: "Next opponent: Poland".

For this game/game space, the Juventuz league code is 6480-1577. (See the attached image.) So gsol, it sounds like you're linking to the other, old game/game space. In fact, as of today, that old game has this line in the header: "This season's game has finished" Lovely.

What it looks like is the first game UEFA promoted for friendlies leading up to the tournament. But there's every indication that this won't continue into the finals/actual tournament, and so you have to create a new league. What bastards.

So my recommendation is that we all play off this second URL at
    http://en.fantasy.euro2008.uefa.com/ with Juventuz league code: 6480-1577.

Sorry for the confusion. But UEFA really screwed this up, IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)