Euro 2004 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACUG

Sep 14, 2002
i havent read the last 3 or 4 pages of replies because it would take a few years to do so.

but in my opinion, i think for italy to win or do well for the euro2004, there would have to be many changes.

starting form managment, and the hierachy all the way down to the toilet and boot polishes.

Management: first, all the corrupted people who have plagued the national team for the past 30 years need to be given the sack! Then trappatoni, who in my opinion, is ruining most of our good players by ignoring them and allowing players who are most obviously not got enough at international level play, should be fired and replaced with a coach who is more innovative, more attacking and doesnt believe that to wnia game, 8 or 9 players defedning is the best option.

Now to players:

its not that i have anything against the following players, but we have better players for those positions and some other players who are young and more talented need to be given the green light so they be form a team which will be competitive for the next 2 or 3 major tournaments.

i would not have the following in my sqaud: panucci, guttuso, di biagio. panucci isnt good enough and makes more mistakes than anyone else. guttuso might run and work hard, but he doesnt do anything with the ball. reminds me of a headless chicken sometimes. And Di Biagio, who i respect is no longer needed when you have the others there.

players i would have in my sqaud or would think of having:

buffon toldo abbiati

nesta cannavaro coco oddo bonera iuliano materazzi zauri c.zenoni diana

ambrosini tomassi zambrotta fiore doni totti zanetti brighi donati marchionni dalla bona Baiocco Manfredini

vieri del piero di vaio montella inzaghi cassano

these players would feature in my sqauds in the lead up to the euro. through injuries etc...i'm sure that most would be able to get a go in some games.

and my line up would be (i have a few)

-------------------buffon

---oddo-------nesta----cannavaro-----coco

----------------------ambrosini

zambrotta----------------------------doni/fiore

----------------------totti

------------vieri--------------del piero

or

-----------------------buffon

--------------nesta-------------cannavaro

Zambrotta--------------------------------------coco

-------------------tomassi--ambrosini

----------------------------totti

---------montella/di vaio----------------del piero

------------------------vieri

or

-------------------------buffon

-----------bonera----nesta-----cannavaro

zambrotta------fiore------ambrosini-----coco

-----------------------totti

-----------vieri----------------------del piero

i really do like the second one, but the first in my opinion really looks more balanced.

and the players i have chosen seem to be better back ups than the current ones we have.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ACUG

Sep 14, 2002
sorry, i forgot Pirlo who i think can be amazing for italy. and i would expect him to take out the likes of doni in the near future.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I'd be happy just sacking Trap, and removing the following helpless players:

Panucci, Tommassi, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Delvecchio

and giving a chance to Bellini, Zauri, Montella, Di Vaio, Maresca, Brighi, Donati, Pirlo etc

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Panucci, Tomassi and Inzaghi helpless? OK - ignore the latter 'cause I don't feel like another endless discussion and we never agree on him but surely the other two aren't useless at all!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
yes but Nesta and Vieri are rightly considered amongst the very best in their positions..in the world!

whereas Panucci and Tomassi bring no skills or particular talent to the team, they are just players who's number one mission appears to be to give the ball away as many times as possible:groan:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
true..I would have killed him for that

the main reason Italy didn't go through was those terrible negative tactics that Trap played...Doni could have came in for Tommassi and Coco for Panucci!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
That I agree on - Trap made some horrible mistakes with substitutions. Leaving out-of-form players on the pitch and taking the best off.... :sigh:

Not to mention his love for defending... :groan:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)