Euro 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
Qualifiers...
have them be drawn yet.
i hope we(azzurri) get a tough group like maybe with england or ireland and czech republic or denmark or somtin hard...make us work to make it to the main event...coz the last time, we didnt play fullheartedly IMO...that why we play crap in the WC

i think that atleast one big side wil fail..maybe france or spain or england....:devil:...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
The qualifiers have been drawn already I believe. Italy are in a group with Switzerland,Finland,Wales and Azerbaijan. The first match is an away trip to Azerbaijan.

Italy have a friendly match with Slovenia some time in August.

:star:Forza Azzurri:star:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Here is the complete fixture for the group9 Euro2004 qualifiers:

• Azerbaijan - Italy 07/09/02
    Finland - Wales 07/09/02
    Italy - Yugoslavia 12/10/02
    Finland - Azerbaijan 12/10/02
    Wales - Italy 16/10/02
    Yugoslavia - Finland 16/10/02
    Azerbaijan - Wales 20/11/02
    Yugoslavia - Azerbaijan 12/02/03
    Italy - Finland 29/03/03
    Wales - Azerbaijan 29/03/03
    Yugoslavia - Wales 02/04/03
    Azerbaijan - Yugoslavia 30/04/03
    Finland - Yugoslavia 07/06/03
    Finland - Italy 11/06/03
    Yugoslavia - Azerbaijan 11/06/03
    Azerbaijan - Yugoslavia 11/06/03
    Italy - Wales 06/09/03
    Azerbaijan - Finland 06/09/03
    Wales - Finland 10/09/03
    Yugoslavia - Italy 10/09/03
    Italy - Azerbaijan 11/10/03
    Wales - Yugoslavia 11/10/03

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    anyway, back to the main story...i think we can quite easily get past this group, if we can our mentality that is...

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I think Trap should use young players and give them a chance, players like: Pirlo, Maresca, Brighi, Macaronne ... It would be good for the future of the team .. they will gain international experience and learn from the older players ....

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    But sadly he is trying to get Maldini to change his mind, isn't it his job to look for a more than adequate replacement. Well imo qualifying isnt the problem for Italy and Spain, its how the managers go mental when they do get there that worries me

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
    i agree with denco. mentality is an important aspect of today's football matches. vieri just mentioned an important thing in his recent interview, trappatoni's mentality. he said that trap was always worried and prudent against presumabely weaker opponents (Croatia, Mexico, Korea) when it should've been the other way around. i still believe that had trap used a more offensive formation and didn't worry much about defence, then italy would've done better in the world cup. it's a shame that italy still try to protect a slim lead against weaker opponents when they boast great players like dp-vieri-totti, trap had a bunch of great players but he wasted the chance.

Jul 12, 2002
    I look forward to seeing Holland back in action. and they should be good too. They have the best attack and among the best midfields in the world. And their defence is coming along.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    my team for the qualifiers, with everything being equal will be
    1)Buffon
    2)Bonera *
    3)Coco
    4)Ambrosini
    5)Cannavaro
    6)Nesta
    7)Zambrotta *
    8)Fiore
    9)Vieri
    10)Del Piero
    11) Totti

Subs Toldo
    Iuliano
    Panucci
    Bellini
    Manfredini
    Pirlo
    Brighi
    Zanetti
    Giannicheda
    Montella
    Di Vaio
    Inzaghi
    Of course there are some players that will emerge which I am not aware of and some especially defenders that i

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
    i hope trap have learned his lessons from the world cup, italy are a strong team and they don't have to defend forever. italy will qualify but how good will they be at the finals :frown: ?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I hope Lippi takes over from Trap. I think Lippi would do a better job.

As for the youngsters. The future of Italian football is very strong. We have Pirlo,Cassano,Maccarone,Brighi,Bonera and more. Brighi and Bonera should have a very good chance getting a place in the starting lineup,as for the rest,no. Totti over Pirlo,Del Piero over Cassano and Vieri over Macca. I hope to see a lineup that looks something like this :

Buffon - Cannavaro,Bonera,Nesta - Zambrotta,Gattuso,Brighi,Coco - Totti,Del Piero,Vieri

SUBS :
    Toldo
    Panucci
    Iuliano
    Bellini
    Giannichedda
    Manfredini
    Zanetti
    Di Biagio
    Tommasi
    Pirlo
    Cassano
    Maccarone
    Montella

Too bad for Inzaghi!:devil:

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    id like your team Dp's apprentice except for the fact that i cannot bring myself to supporting a team that Gattuso is a part of, unless its absolutely necessary, and i see no necessity in putting him in the team, as there are far superior players than he will ever be

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    What's wrong with Gattuso? Who better than Gattuso do we have at defensive centre mid? Cristiano Zanetti? Nah.. Gattuso has the ball winning aggression that Zanetti lacks,and I think he was unlucky not to get much playing time at the World Cup. Anyways,it's not what me or you think,but what Trap does.

I think Italy's main problem is their style of football. As Vieri said,Italian football is getting "ugly". What's the sense of having Del Piero,Montella and Inzaghi on the bench? It's just stupid. I hope that Trap realises the mistakes he made in the World Cup and plays more attacking in Euro.

I don't understand why he did what he did in the WC. During qualification he always played with 3 men upfront,and we did just fine. Why change that formation?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)