Euro 2004 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
You know anything about screenings for the Romania game?
Nah, I have a feeling TV2 is showing it, but I really don't have a clue :D
I wish NRK could show more football, or maybe they could just rent out Drillo and Scheie :cool:

++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++
Just speaking the truth dude...
No need to use that sort of language.
So you say. I say there is no truth in football, only results and scores, and they are the ones who matter. I believe football can be played in many ways, you Danes feel there's one. Most of the world agrees with you. You should just go and reaping congratulations from the world for beating "boring" Norway. I don't care. If I want to watch Samba I would watch dancing.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

So you say. I say there is no truth in football, only results and scores, and they are the ones who matter. I believe football can be played in many ways, you Danes feel there's one. Most of the world agrees with you. You should just go and reaping congratulations from the world for beating "boring" Norway. I don't care. If I want to watch Samba I would watch dancing.
Whatever dude... I still feel that Denmark and Sweden is better.
They play the game how it should be played. They don't rely on only one thing... BTW, scores and results??? When's the last time Norway ever won something? Why didn't they qualify for the WC if they're so good?

A norweigan who feels there's many ways to play football? Why do say that, when Norway only has one weapon... high balls and headers. Almost every other nation play interesting and colorfull football... only one way :rolleyes:

But I will like to congratulate Norway. They have gotten alot "better" (more attacking) since Drillo was sacked (or did he quit?) But they still rely to much on the long/high balls... and that's boring.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002

Whatever dude... I still feel that Denmark and Sweden is better.
They play the game how it should be played. They don't rely on only one thing... BTW, scores and results??? When's the last time Norway ever won something? Why didn't they qualify for the WC if they're so good?

A norweigan who feels there's many ways to play football? Why do say that, when Norway only has one weapon... high balls and headers. Almost every other nation play interesting and colorfull football... only one way :rolleyes:

But I will like to congratulate Norway. They have gotten alot "better" (more attacking) since Drillo was sacked (or did he quit?) But they still rely to much on the long/high balls... and that's boring.
Good job on missing my point.

I seriously don't have the power to explain it, especially with argumentation like "whatever dude".

And if you feel that Norway have achieved nothing that's fine. IMO you're making a fool of yourself with that statement as I would think anyone would notice our great progress the last 10 years.

And Drillo leaving wasn't a vital factor, we have much better players now. People complain about Norway being boring WC94, but some of our starters were incredibly bad, we had to do what we could. I would prefer Drillo over Semb any day.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002

Good job on missing my point.

I seriously don't have the power to explain it, especially with argumentation like "whatever dude".

And if you feel that Norway have achieved nothing that's fine. IMO you're making a fool of yourself with that statement as I would think anyone would notice our great progress the last 10 years.

And Drillo leaving wasn't a vital factor, we have much better players now. People complain about Norway being boring WC94, but some of our starters were incredibly bad, we had to do what we could. I would prefer Drillo over Semb any day.
Missing your point???

You say that only scores and results is important... And that's exactly what you don't have.

When I started watching football on the tele, it wasn't for the scores and the results. It was for the pure pleasure of watching the beautiful game.

What progress? Being knocked of the WC 98' second round game... almost making it through in Euro 2000... not even qualifying for WC 2002????

You're still using some thoose "Dillo players" R. Johnsen, Solskjæer, Flo, Leonhardsen, Berg, Iversen, Rushfeldt... and probably some other dudes I don't remember.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Nah, I have a feeling TV2 is showing it, but I really don't have a clue :D
I wish NRK could show more football, or maybe they could just rent out Drillo and Scheie :cool:.
Absolutely, the good old NRK guys rule! I also like some of the others who do other sports, can't remember any names at the mo.. to counter that, the standard of commentary on TV2 and esp TV3 is appaling.

Stuart, I've lived in Norway most of my life. :)

Bryan, I wasn't mocking. Honest. :angel: Good luck beating them! :)

On the Norway issue I agree with Torkel, there has been a lot of progress lately and although it's been easy for me to jump on the bandwagon very often, I recognize they have some quality players. I still think Denmark are better, by a few steps, and Sweden as well and I prefer their style of play but I don't care for the scolding comments from Kalle :groan:

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

but I don't care for the scolding comments from Kalle :groan:
Yeah well I should probably shut up, before it gets ugly...

and what the hell do I care, we won the match...

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
There... I've deleted the signature.

We could on and on... But we won't agree on anything, cuz our national pride is blocking the way.

Let's forget it, before it gets ugly... Friends?

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002

Missing your point???

You say that only scores and results is important... And that's exactly what you don't have.

When I started watching football on the tele, it wasn't for the scores and the results. It was for the pleasure of watching the beautiful game.

What progress? Being knocked of the WC 98' second round game... almost making it through in Euro 2000... not even qualifying for WC 2002????

You're still using some thoose "Dillo players" R. Johnsen, Solskjæer, Flo, Leonhardsen, Berg, Iversen, Rushfeldt...
My point was that Danish people and a lot of other people critize(sp?) teams that play defensively or use the long ball. You say that it's anti-football, or that it's not the way you play the game. Why do you say that? Cause you don't play football that way? cause you don't prefer it? Other people do, does your opinion count more?

For a long time now I've had to hear that Juventus play defensive and boring, and that Norway only plays long balls and are boring. I'm very sick of it. I can accept that that everyone doesn't play football the same way I do. I don't look down at them because of it.

As for the progress thing, I just don't get your point. I think you need to look up the word "progress". It's progress knocked out in the secound round of the WC98 when you made it to the group stage in 94. And it's progress going out in the group stage in 94 when you've never qualified for a WC before. How can you NOT agree with this?

Anders

Dec 13, 2002

My point was that Danish people and a lot of other people critize(sp?) teams that play defensively or use the long ball. You say that it's anti-football, or that it's not the way you play the game. Why do you say that? Cause you don't play football that way? cause you don't prefer it? Other people do, does your opinion count more?

For a long time now I've had to hear that Juventus play defensive and boring, and that Norway only plays long balls and are boring. I'm very sick of it. I can accept that that everyone doesn't play football the same way I do. I don't look down at them because of it.

As for the progress thing, I just don't get your point. I think you need to look up the word "progress". It's progress knocked out in the secound round of the WC98 when you made it to the group stage in 94. And it's progress going out in the group stage in 94 when you've never qualified for a WC before. How can you NOT agree with this?
I would like to reply... But I've already told you how I feel about this discussion. And I don't want to continue... I don't like where it's going.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I saw all the greece-spain game, and to tell you the turth, spain dominated almost the whole game,,,but the greeks had more or less just 2 goals opportunities, and they used one of them to score a wonderfull goal.

It was a fake result for spain,,but the greeks were solid in the defense.

Morientes played a good game, sadly he couldnt score.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002

I know I said something else. But I just had to comment on this bit... Yes, you had some progress from 94' to 98'... you got further the second time. But then you got knocked out of the first round in Euro 2000... that's downhill... not much but it's not progress. Then you didn't qualify for WC 2002, which we all agree is another step down the ladder... right? Which leeds us back to my point. Not much progress!

As I said, I don't wanna fight you or anything. I know I've been a bad boy calling you guys "fjeldaber" and shit. That's just a part of the "derby hype" dude. If your feelings were hurt... I'm sorry.

Let's get back to the point. I said that Denmark and Sweden are better teams. Then you replied (a bit harshly!) and brought the style of play and the progress bit into the discussion. Cool, but I don't see how your arguments proves that Norway are a better team than the neighbours.

The results, the progress... Both teams have done better than Norway in that department... and also in "the style of play" department.

Remember... I don't hate you or your nation or your team... I just think that Denmark and Sweden are better at football. I made some remarks and taunted you and Norway... but as I said, it was just a part of the hype...

You see where I'm coming from right?

BTW... I broke my foot during the match... so i guess the pain irritated me, and made me write some stupid remarks. But remember you also said some bad stuff to me...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Slovenia won? Noooo ... I so much wanted Israel to win :down:

++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
Yes, I am ashamed we only drew with Germany:down:

Should beat them in Dortmund though:D
I say knock 'em out, Scotland!! :strong:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Hey.. ah, I know that this isn't the right thread but does anyone know where I can download Del Piero's goal against Sweden from Euro 2000? Thanks in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)