Euro 2004 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Zidane has mixed feelings over captaincy

PALERMO, Sicily, April 1 (Reuters) - Zinedine Zidane enjoys wearing the France captain's armband but does not like attending the pre-match news conferences.

'Yes I like the captain's job. But what I like much less is being here in front of you,' the shy midfield playmaker told reporters on Tuesday.

Asked if he found it difficult to speak in public, Zidane said: 'It's not that easy. It's not what I like.'

The soft-spoken Real Madrid player said he has to talk more to his international team mates since being handed the armband last week.

'I have to express myself more than I usually do when I'm with my club or when I'm playing for France,' he said. 'But it's about 10 years I'm professional so I think I can do this.'

Zidane is replacing regular captain Marcel Desailly who has not been picked due to injury problems.

France play Israel in a Euro 2004 qualifying match in Palermo on Wednesday.

bubba

Apr 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Zidane has mixed feelings over captaincy

PALERMO, Sicily, April 1 (Reuters) - Zinedine Zidane enjoys wearing the France captain's armband but does not like attending the pre-match news conferences.

'Yes I like the captain's job. But what I like much less is being here in front of you,' the shy midfield playmaker told reporters on Tuesday.

Asked if he found it difficult to speak in public, Zidane said: 'It's not that easy. It's not what I like.'

The soft-spoken Real Madrid player said he has to talk more to his international team mates since being handed the armband last week.

'I have to express myself more than I usually do when I'm with my club or when I'm playing for France,' he said. 'But it's about 10 years I'm professional so I think I can do this.'

Zidane is replacing regular captain Marcel Desailly who has not been picked due to injury problems.

France play Israel in a Euro 2004 qualifying match in Palermo on Wednesday.
i hope stays captain for a while...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Hehe, this thread hasn't had a post in it for a long time. Time to get it going again.. :extatic:

Finland 1 (Hyypia) Serbia & Montenegro 0

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Final Results:

Scotland 1 (Miller) Germany 1 (Bobic)
Republic of Ireland 2 (Keane, Aliaj og) Albania 1 (Skela)

Games Still Going On:

Iceland 0 Faroe Islands 0
Estonia 2 (Allas, Viikmae) Andorra 0
Moldova 0 Austria 0
Ukraine 0 Armenia 0
Bulgaria 0 Belgium 0
Finland 1 (Hyypia) Serbia & Montenegro 0

NB. Mihajlovic has been sent off for Serbia & Montenegro.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
If we beat Finland on Wednesday then second spot is practically ours, but how are we going to catch Wales? :down: I know that we can qualify via second place, but we'd have to play a qualifying game and that's risky :scared:

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
After a humiliating defeat at home to Bosnia, Denmark went back on top in group 2 after beating the nordic rivals Norway.

Grønkjær made John Arne Riise look like a fool. He was also the only goalscorer today. After only 6 minutes Claus Jensen found Grønkjær who left Riise behind and scored...

Romania beat Bosnia at home 2-0.

Group 2
1.Denmark +4 10
2.Norway +4 10
3.Romania +8 9
4.Bosnia-Herzegivona -3 6
5.Luxembourg -13 0

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Hey! Denmark won!! :extatic:

Gotta love Grønkjær :cool:

I see that Mutu has scored for Romania as well - what a night!
Yeah Grønklær is pretty cool. Finally Rommedahl didn't start... he has been in the starting 11 for 32 straight matches. As long as Morten Olsen has been the coach... finally someone knocked some sense in to the man. :)

I see Holland won as well... congrats. Great night of football across europe then... all though I think my foot is broken... :groan: I slammed it into a table when cheering after the goal... Don't know yet if it is. But I've broken that foot 2 times before, and it feels the same way. Crap!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++
Yeah Grønklær is pretty cool. Finally Rommedahl didn't start... he has been in the starting 11 for 32 straight matches. As long as Morten Olsen has been the coach... finally someone knocked some sense in to the man. :)

I see Holland won as well... congrats. Great night of football across europe then... all though I think my foot is broken... :groan: I slammed it into a table when cheering after the goal... Don't know yet if it is. But I've broken that foot 2 times before, and it feels the same way. Crap!
Yeah ... Rommedahl has been somewhat off form lately.

Thanks for the congrats! It's a great night of football indeed.

I sure hope your foot isn't broken - you need to be able to dance with the women, don't you? ;)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Yeah ... Rommedahl has been somewhat off form lately.

Thanks for the congrats! It's a great night of football indeed.

I sure hope your foot isn't broken - you need to be able to dance with the women, don't you? ;)
Off? That's the understatement of the century. He's terrible! Lately I've been wondering how ever became a pro footballer, let alone an international one...

Who scored btw??? (to lazy to check it out myself)

As for the dancing part... narh, I just look at somebody and they come running... :D ;)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++
Off? That's the understatement of the century. He's terrible! Lately I've been wondering how ever became a pro footballer, let alone an international one...
Yeah well, I didn't want to insult a Dane ;)

Who scored btw??? (to lazy to check it out myself)
http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1719&goto=lastpost

As for the dancing part... narh, I just look at somebody and they come running... :D ;)
That works for you too then? :D;)

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
Final results:

7 June 2003
Scotland 1-1 Germany
Republic of Ireland 2-1 Albania
Iceland 2-1 Faroe Islands
Estonia 2-0 Andorra
Malta 1-2 Cyprus
Finland 3-0 Serbia and Montenegro
Moldova 1-0 Austria
Ukraine 4-3 Armenia
Denmark 1-0 Norway
Bulgaria 2-2 Belgium
San Marino 0-6 Sweden
Romania 2-0 Bosnia-Herzegovina
F.Y.R. Macedonia 3-1 Liechtenstein
Slovakia 0-1 Turkey
Hungary 3-1 Latvia
Switzerland 2-2 Russia
Belarus 0-2 Netherlands
Israel 0-0 Slovenia

Still going on
Spain 0-1 Greece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)