Euro 2004: The Missing Men (1 Viewer)

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Edited the first post :)

I don't think anyone will notice Cisse's not there. Rio will be sorely missed IMO

Sep 28, 2002
    well, i dont think giuly will be sorely missed as well. yea, he had a great campaign last year but who is he in french squad? mediocrity. not even a definite starter. besides, imo he cant shire with bunch of stars around him.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Edited the first post :)

I don't think anyone will notice Cisse's not there. Rio will be sorely missed IMO
    Well as it is Cisse may very well be missed because this morning I read that Trezeguet is a doubt. Who else is there for France besides Henry? Saha, Wiltord and who?

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    Well as it is Cisse may very well be missed because this morning I read that Trezeguet is a doubt. Who else is there for France besides Henry? Saha, Wiltord and who?
    What are you talking about!?

There's plenty of options!

Stephane Guivarc'h, Christophe Dugarry :extatic:

:moan:

Sep 28, 2002

make that sah and who.

Sep 28, 2002
    yes he was. quite unlucky. getting injured in the champions league final which you lose and then missing euros. and all that after a great season.

kinda like pires in 2002.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    And Del Piero in 98 to a lesser extent. He got hurt in the CL final against Madrid which we lost and wasn't himself in the WC.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002

Good point. But I think he could be very useful even if Trez was fit. As you said France don't really have many good options in attack and Cisse has had a great season and has shown he could be the future of the team. Given the chance and the necessary support I'm sure he would prove his worth.

I miss Mexes in the France squad. Why isn't he included? Too inexperienced? He's the future and currently the best French defender around. Pairing Gallas with Desailly instead of him is a joke.:groan:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Trezeguet will be fit by the start of the euros.Santini never played wiltord as a striker so that leaves Henry,Trezeguet,Saha,Marlet.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Gogeta ] ++
    Mexes should be included 100%
    And not just Mexes. It's true that France have two top quality left backs in the squad (Silvestre, Lizarazu) but Patrice Evra had a phenomenal season and was selected as Ligue 1's Young Player of the Year.

I just don't get some of these NT coaches :undecide: It's ridiculous that Gilardino is at home as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)