Euro 2004 Qualifying: Finland-Italy (3 Viewers)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
strange I haven't heard that before. Were did you get that from?
Yes is true, well isn't official but in Italy we all know it.

Inzaghi is pissed with Trap, cause he played so many friendly and Quilify than was left a lot in the bench in the WC, so is sick to be "used" just when Trap needs and not to play in the important occasion.

Tacchinardi is pissed too cause he was forgot 4 long time, Gattuso 4 the reason Zizou said.

I can't blame them, especially Gattuso.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cloris

Jun 1, 2003
i don't know Tacchi and Trap have poor relationship, it's so regret!

the match is very crucial, triumph is the only way out!

Good luck ,Italy!

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #25
    Why can't Trap just stop frigging around and put aside his childish dislikes! :fero: I mean, the man has two of the best defensive midfielders in the world in Tacchinardi and Gattuso, but instead he decides that he'll omit them and play Zanetti and Perrotta! :rolleyes:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Kiko ] ++
    uuggghhhh not Camoranesi :(
    Camo is in :)

++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    Why can't Trap just stop frigging around and put aside his childish dislikes! :fero: I mean, the man has two of the best defensive midfielders in the world in Tacchinardi and Gattuso, but instead he decides that he'll omit them and play Zanetti and Perrotta! :rolleyes:
    :confused:
    You found the right word: childish
    Just cause somebody criticated him, he don't call him anymore damaging the whole team. The important thing is to make the team winning, not to go to the media to say "Trapattoni is the best of the world" :fero:

The only thing who can make him idea is Milan and Juventus to forse him to call back The 2 and Inzaghi cause I don't think he will step back without any "out out". Sad but real...

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    It's a pity seeing a pretty good national team losing out pieces.

I hope that after Euro 2004, Lippi or some other good coach (and not just a famous name like Trapattoni has become) take over.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #29
    With Lippi as coach not only would Tacchinardi be called up, but he, along with Zambrotta and Del Piero would get to play regularly.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Problem is not if Tacchinardi is gonna be called, prob is if he is going to accept the call. Tacchinardi has been called for the past 2 friendlies and also for next Wednesday's Finland game, but he declined all 3 games.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #35
    Here's some mixed news for you DP loving fans. Alex will be playing against Finland next Wednesday, but as an attacking left winger not a striker. I got this article from Football Italia.

Giovanni Trapattoni has revealed his tactics against Finland rely on Francesco Totti and Alessandro Del Piero.

“Towards the end of this season,” commented the Italy Coach, “I have seen Totti in splendid form. Del Piero was criticised following the Champions’ League Final, but he was brilliant against Real Madrid.”

The two stars have not played in the same line-up since the ill-fated 2002 World Cup tie with South Korea.

“They did extremely well during that match,” insisted Trap, “and I would love to see my team repeat the same kind of performance, albeit scoring the goals we missed that day.”

The second round tie ended 1-1 after 90 minutes, but the Azzurri went out on a Golden Goal following Totti’s controversial red card.

The interesting development in Wednesday’s Euro 2004 qualifier in Finland would be Del Piero’s position.

“He has already played out wide on the left at Juventus,” noted the tactician, “and for Italy in that game with South Korea. I am sure he can deliver in that role.”

Trapattoni is forced into some changes in the absence of Christian Vieri, Pippo Inzaghi and Gennaro Gattuso. Fitness worries also continue for Cristiano Zanetti and Mauro Camoranesi.

The likely replacement for Vieri upfront will be Bernardo Corradi, especially after he scored in the 2-0 friendly test against Northern Ireland, but Marco Delvecchio also netted in that game.

“Delvecchio could also start in that position,” hinted Trapattoni. “I have 48 hours to decide.”

There were strong reports that Milan hero Gattuso was dropped following a bitter row between the two men.

“The players who are at this training ground are here because they want to be,” confirmed Trap.

“Gattuso is struggling with a back problem. He was the best player on the field in the Old Trafford Final,” he conceded, “but I have Zanetti and Massimo Ambrosini in that midfield role.”

It is unusual that Ambrosini warms the bench at Milan, but is preferred in the Italy squad ahead of his club teammate.

Zanetti’s ankle injury would have been the perfect opportunity to recall Juve’s Alessio Tacchinardi, but he was overlooked again.

“The door is not closed to anyone,” assured the Coach.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    Well This isn't new news we already know that Del Piero if to play for the Azzurri he will have to play as a left winger.and probably switching position with totti from time to time.I hope Del Piero will do well in this match in his new position so that he can keep his place in the first 11.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #37
    Yeah, hopefully DP has a good game... It's an aspiration of mine to see Alex and Totti blazing on all cylinders for the same team at the same time. Hopefully this happens against Finland.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #40
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++
    if vieri wasnt injured...
    I'm kind of glad that Vieri is injured. When Bobo is not playing Del Piero tends to step up more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)