Euro 2004 Qualifying: Finland-Italy (2 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
A win in this game would take us another step closer to Euro 2004. Any idea of when the squad will be named, and what's the probable starting lineup?

PS. Trap, please call up Tacchinardi, and be sure to start Zambrotta and Del Piero.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
A win in this game would take us another step closer to Euro 2004. Any idea of when the squad will be named, and what's the probable starting lineup?

PS. Trap, please call up Tacchinardi, and be sure to start Zambrotta and Del Piero.
Here's my line-up:

----------------------Buffon---------------------------
----------Canna----Nesta-----Legro---------------
-------------Tacchi-----Gattuso------------------
---Zambrotta------Totti---------Fiore----------
----------------Vieri-------Del Piero------------------

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i dont see many changes. nesta will come in in defence.

Zanetti and perrotta will occupy the DM. zambrotta or fiore on the wing with totti behind maybe Corradi and miccoli as vieri isnt fit apparently.

traps wont play the likes of del piero, tacchinardi, gattusso, vieri, inzaghi etc...he wont make such drastic changes to the team and we all know that he has his favourites etc...

have a bad feeling about this!

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Majed Your line up is excellent :thumb: but i don't think that trap will go for it. it will be more like this.

=====================Buffon=============
==Panucci/Oddo==Cannavaro==Nesta----Zambrotta==
=======================================
=============Tacchinardi==Gattuso===========
==Fiore=============Totti=========Del Piero===
==================Corradi================

Del Piero and Totti can switch places with each other.
Vieri is still unfit so i guess corradi will start or may be he could give Inzaghi a chance to play.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Vieri, Inzaghi, Zanetti C., Gattuso and Tacchinardi won't be part of the team.

Vieri - still out on injury

Inzaghi - will not accept the call up (speculation is that he is still angry at Trapattoni for leaving him as a reserve behind Corradi and Miccoli in the previous friendly)

Zanetti C. - Got injured during training on Monday

Gattuso - Feels humiliated when against Wales he started as a reserve, the Trap sent him on to the pitch, but after just 15 mins he substituted him for another player. Anyone who played or plays football knows that this is the ultimate embarassment in football.

Tacchinardi - After being left out and forgotten during the whole last year and most of this year, Tacchinardi declined the call up for the Portgual friendly, and he will unlikely accept this call up too.

Most of these players won't play for the national team again unless they patch up with Trapattoni or there is another coach.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Are you serious ??:eek:

Gattuso and Tacchinardi missing will be a huge loss as they are the best in their position out there.:down:

Inzaghi well i don't know i think Corradi would be better.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Inzaghi has been on top form all of the season; a player like him is always better on your side ;)

Instead of Gattuso and Tacchinardi, there will definitely be Perrotta, though I`m not sure who shall partner him since Zanetti is injured.

I just hope those players patch things up with the Trap, cos especially Tacchinardi deserves to play for the national team after such a good season.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Yeah tacchinardi definitly deserves to play for the national team after such great season.

I guess it will be ambrossini who will partner Perrotta in midfield.

Inzaghi was on fire in the beginning of the season but his form started to drop lately.

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
Here is the squad for the match...

Keepers: Buffon, Toldo

Defenders: Birindelli, Cannavaro, Grosso, Ferrari, Legrottaglie, Nesta, Oddo, Panucci

Midfielders: Ambrosini, Zambrotta, Camoranesi, Di Natale, Fiore, Nervo, Perrotta, Tommasi, Zanetti

Forwards: Corradi, Delvecchio, Totti, Del Piero, Di Vaio, Miccoli

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
He did call Tacchinardi for the last 2 friendlies, but Tacchinardi refused. Same goes for Gattuso and Inzaghi.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
He did call Tacchinardi for the last 2 friendlies, but Tacchinardi refused. Same goes for Gattuso and Inzaghi.
strange I haven't heard that before. Were did you get that from?

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

Gattuso - Feels humiliated when against Wales he started as a reserve, the Trap sent him on to the pitch, but after just 15 mins he substituted him for another player.
I'm sorry, but if that's the reason Gattuso would refuse a call up, that's pathetic on his part. When he came on the pitch against Wales, it was 1-1. Wales scored 5 minutes later, and then 20 minutes later, they needed another offensive option, so a defensive midfielder(Gattuso) was taken off for a forward(Marazzina).

If that's really the reason Gattuso isn't accepting calls, he needs to check himself. It's not about him.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Big guns return for Italy Wednesday 4 June, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giovanni Trapattoni has recalled the more familiar faces to the Italy squad for the European Championship qualifier against Finland.

Trap had rested a host of big name players for the 2-0 friendly win over Northern Ireland last night but has made no surprise choices for the Helsinki trip.

Goalkeeper Gigi Buffon is back in the squad, as are Alessandro Nesta, Christian Panucci, Mauro Camoranesi, Gianluca Zambrotta, Francesco Totti and Alex Del Piero.

Trapattoni has named a 25-man party but there are no places for the inured trio of Christian Vieri, Pippo Inzaghi or Gennaro Gattuso.

Juventus midfielder Alessio Tacchinardi also misses out again as his frosty relationship with Trap continues.

The Azzurri must meet up at the Coverciano base in Florence by midnight tomorrow. The first training session is scheduled for Friday morning.

They will fly out to Finland on Monday at 10am local time from Pisa airport. The game is on Wednesday.

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), Toldo (Inter).

Defenders: Birindelli (Juventus), Cannavaro (Inter), Grosso (Perugia), Ferrari (Parma), Legrottaglie (Chievo), Nesta (Milan), Oddo (Lazio), Panucci (Roma).

Midfielders: Ambrosini (Milan), Camoranesi (Juventus), Zambrotta (Juventus), Di Natale (Empoli), Fiore (Lazio), Nervo (Bologna), Perrotta (Chievo), Tommasi (Roma), C.Zanetti (Inter).

Forwards: Corradi (Lazio), Delvecchio (Roma), Totti (Roma), Del Piero (Juventus), Di Vaio (Juventus), Miccoli (Perugia).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)