Euro 2004: Italy - Sweden (Group C) (7 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++

The first one is correct of course, but if Den and Swede draw 2-2, the result of the Italy-Bulgaria match could still see Italy through IFFF italy score enough goals. That statement should be corrected, or maybe I am wrong...

no you're right.

i said this in another thread : if sweden and denmark draw, then italy must win against bullgaria with 3 or more goals.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
people seem to be very confused.
Italy needs to win by 2 or 3 goals only if Denmark Sweeden finishes 1-1.
any other draw result between the two scandiavains, and the goal difference in Italy-Bulgaria game doesn't matter!

: : :

++ [ originally posted by Ivy ] ++
Gp C:Italy qualify if...

The Azzurri qualify if Italy beat Bulgaria and:

1) either Denmark or Sweden win

2) Denmark and Sweden draw 0-0

3) Denmark and Sweden draw 1-1 and Italy beat Bulgaria by two clear goals

Italy go out if:

1) Italy fail to beat Bulgaria

2) Denmark and Sweden draw 2-2 or above

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Ok , so it's gonna be like this :

Without : Cannavaro and Gattouso !

We should WIN and nothing else BUT win !

I think it's gonna be 4-0 Minimum .... if they play the same way they played against sweden !

My formation is to play with 3 attackers : (Vieri-Di vaio-Cassano) and Dp behind them ! We should attack from the start !

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
having many strikers dont mean you will score many goals..:rolleyes:

they key is to score an early goal...if by halftime italy still dont score any goal, they will be in a real bottleneck situation....

and for fuk sack that the game goal by goal... and by all means secure the win first.. my fear will be they will play with their heads on the sweden-denmark game and eagerness to rush is to lost of goals....if only there is a real captain that all the player can look up too...

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ivy ] ++
So against Bulgaria, Vieri score 1 , Cassano score 1, DP score 1 , Gigi has to save absolutly everything. There! That seams easy enought for us right?!
I dont think so
actually i prefer to see Vieri licking the pench instead of enjoying another chance
DP can do anything and everything except scoring

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
having many strikers dont mean you will score many goals..:rolleyes:

they key is to score an early goal...if by halftime italy still dont score any goal, they will be in a real bottleneck situation....

and for fuk sack that the game goal by goal... anf by all means secure the win first.. my fear will be they will play with their heads on the sweden-denmark game and eagerness to rush is to lost of goals....
sweden and dens will play with there heads on the italy-bulgaria game as well

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by JuveCampione ] ++
people seem to be very confused.
Italy needs to win by 2 or 3 goals only if Denmark Sweeden finishes 1-1.
any other draw result between the two scandiavains, and the goal difference in Italy-Bulgaria game doesn't matter!
Yeah ppl,that's the only and the right options:
no others!

1. Swe-Den finish 2-2 or higher we are out!(because number of goals between us,Sweden scored 1 vs us + 2 vs Denmark=3 ,Denmark 0 vs us+ 2 vs Sweden=2 ,Italy 0 vs Denmark +1 vs Sweden=1 )

2. Swe-Den 1-1,we need to win 2-0 or higher.(In that case the golas between us goes:Swe=2,Ita=1.Den=1)
only in the 1-1 case they go for the games against Bulgaria.

3. Swe-Den 0-0 we can win by any result.(Because the golas between us goes:Swe=1,Ita=1,Den=0)

Hope i helped.

that's the simple explanation as some of you posted:

The Azzurri qualify if Italy beat Bulgaria and:

1) either Denmark or Sweden win

2) Denmark and Sweden draw 0-0

3) Denmark and Sweden draw 1-1 and Italy beat Bulgaria by two clear goals

Italy go out if:

1) Italy fail to beat Bulgaria

2) Denmark and Sweden draw 2-2 or above

But first of all!!!
WE MUST BEAT BULGARIA!!!:fero:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
drop vieri for next game. revert back to 4-4-2 with cassano and del piero, maybe. the two did well. i dont care, as long as vieri doesnt play :stuckup: he's finished!!

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Trap is a ****ing idiot. How can you take off 3 most influencial players, beside Pirlo, Zamo and Panucci ( :eek: ) and not expect to get a goal? It was soo obvious. You always have to leave someone who knows the game on to save the butt if things go wrong. Especially if you only have a one goal lead!!!!! And ohh my did they go wrong or what?! Don't really want to relive the majority of the 2nd half so I'm just going to say ... **** Vieri, he could smack that ball with his hand, so what he would get a red card, but at least there wouldn't be any goal. It's not like he is that useful anyway, because he doesn't get the ball (but ok, that's not really his job), he doesn't score (and there were MANY opportunities) and he certainly doesn't cause trouble to the opposite defence.

This is the worst situation they could get in, depending on other teams and their result.

The first half was sooo sweet :lick: the 2nd not, obviously. But is it really all Trap's (and his subs) fault? Does appear like Italy has a bit of physical problems. I know the league is one of the toughest, but England or Spain, for example, don't really seem like they suffering that much.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
It doesn't look that well for Italy, but I think, that Italy should concentrate on their own match. They should win with 3 or 4 goals lead, and then look what happens. If they go out, because of a 2-2 draw in the other game, I would blame the lack of luck. Italy played bad against a VERY good danish team. Sweden played great football so far, and a draw against them is not a shame. Italy played good, and a lucky goal gave the Swedish guys a draw. If Italy go out, despite a win, its bad luck and not a bad performance. They haven't lost, and I see their chances very well.

After all, its as good as sure that Italy will have 5 points, but Sweden and Danemark will have to fight their points.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Italy won't have to worry about winning over Bulgaria. If they play like yesterday they could potentially win with 10-0. The big problem is Sweden - Denmark. I really think that game will end 2-2.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Zlatan - Gotta disagree about DP. He kept possession well, forced Isaksson into a great save, nearly scored from Zamb's cut-back (that wasn't a sitter) and the lob was class. Not to mention the 360 spin. He wasn't amazing, but he was one of the better Italians on the pitch.
Yeah, I agree about that, but he wasnt exactly superb as many would have you believe. But he was good, altho I think he could try to dictate and control the play a bit more.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
Q:so italy drew ?

A :italy lost 2 points at the last 5 min

Q:trap to blame ???

A:SURE

Q: r u optimstic ?

A : No with trap in charge ,,plus totti , gatusso and cannavrao out

Q : what should italy do ?

A : sack trap and pray that they qualify to be runner up of the group.

Q: what is ur opinon of the last game ?

A: del piero , cassano OUT/////// fiore ,camoranesi IN

can i say more ,, it's clear

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Loppan ] ++
Does anyone know is Cassano had a baby or someone else in the italian team cos they did the craddle after the goal?
Not that I know of... I saw it too and wondered..

Bebeto will always be the king of that celebration though, nobody can take it away from him :stuckup:

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
Italy won't have to worry about winning over Bulgaria. If they play like yesterday they could potentially win with 10-0. The big problem is Sweden - Denmark. I really think that game will end 2-2.
Sweden and Denmark have all cards to play now.
Both matches will be played in the same time, but they still will know what's going on with that other match.

I will not be surprised, if they support each other to qualify.

Darin

Sep 8, 2002
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

I will not be surprised, if they support each other to qualify.
i was actually thinkin the same...

trap is an idiot i hate him more than b4 now :fero:

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #380
    I think we'll go through quite comfortably in the end. I don't think Sweden AND Denmark will score twice apiece and we'll definitely beat Bulgaria.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)