Euro 2004: Italy - Sweden (Group C) (6 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
:wallbang:
He's really playing with lady luck and I doubt she'll close an eye on them in the next game as she's sick and tired of this crazy old nonno :groan:

---------------- Buffon -------------------

Panucci - Nesta - Cannavaro - Zambrotta

---- Gattuso ---- Pirlo --- Perrotta ---

---------------- Totti --------------------

----- Vieri ------------- Del Piero -----

So f*cking easy! :rolleyes:
I like it, but with neither Fiore nor Camoranesi in the team, surely it wouldn't be too adventurous of Trap to start Oddo ahead of Panucci?

Buy on AliExpress.com

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I like it, but with neither Fiore nor Camoranesi in the team, surely it wouldn't be too adventurous of Trap to start Oddo ahead of Panucci?
Gotta have at leats one controversial player in the team, for Trap's sake ;)

Oct 2, 2002
I am kinda optimist for pirlo's start up vs sweden...bu if that does not happen....then there should be something personal imo.....trap simple does not want to play him!!!! what a stupid person he is!!!!

Aug 27, 2003
the press is demanding that thye should start with di viao- cassano
i think it wouldnt be a bad idea actually
they played a friendly match with a team called Belenses ..or sumthing like that and italy won 9-0
4 goals fom di viao 2 goals from cassano and 2 from di viao forgot the last one who scored...
so i think having di viao and cassano start out wouldnt be a bad idea after all
and trap isnt going to put del piero in!! :down:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Hey I'd like to ask you Italy fans something: does Trapattoni have the same problems as Advocaat?

Advocaat always starts with the wrong line-up and is then forced to change it half way through the match. He always starts too defending and risk-less as well.

Does Trap do that too?

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++
it will be very disappointed for every single italian fan
for me i prepared my self emotionally to see italy out from the first round

Trapatoni is not the right man
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

Great Confident!
i am fully aware why he thinks that juve_kosova...

i am trying to avoid thinking we won't make it....because i have a strong feeling we won't

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

i am fully aware why he thinks that juve_kosova...

i am trying to avoid thinking we won't make it....because i have a strong feeling we won't

damn you. if albania was in the euro i would be jumping from joy. even if they lost all their games. and all you can think off is italy.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
The draw against Sweden is already part of the past and the team is already thinking fast about Sweden. As fast as Gianluca Zambrotta is used to running down the touch. "To win against Sweden we have to run more than them - said the Italian wing. We have started to study and we will continue to study: they are an excellent team with a classical 4-4-2, with dangerous forwards. The main difference between Sweden and Denmark is the offensive quality that the first has. I am convinced that we will cancel the first half played in Guimaraes and we will continue with what we showed in the second half, in Oporto things will be different. We want to win. It won't be our last chance, but we want to win to lead the standings."
Zambrotta has words of respect for the team coached by Lagerback-Soderbergh and for Fredrik Ljungberg, his probable direct opponent on the left touch: "Ljungberg is a very good player, used to starting from the touch to go towards the middle and always be dangerous. In any case, we cannot fear Sweden, we have plenty of stars."
Even the hypothesis of being used in another position, perhaps on the right instead of Camoranesi with Favalli as left defender, does not bother Zambrotta: "I am used to playing in different role. There wouldn't be any problems".
Not even the module to use against Sweden is a problem, according to the player. "I think that we can change tactics even during the match. We're used to doing that, both on the National team and with our clubs. This couldn't be an obstacle for us", he said.

The defender then had something to say in favor of Del Piero, his teammate on Juventus and the subject of criticism after the debut match at the Henriques stadium: "It is stupid to criticize Del Piero. He has given a lot to the National team and to Juventus. And on the National team he even plays in a role that is different than the one he plays in on Juventus. He has always sacrificed himself without any controversy and for this he deserves even more respect."

In the meantime, the National team had a workout in the afternoon, that ended with he usual test match. Trapattoni divided the team into two groups: orange and yellow. The orange team was made up of Toldo, Oddo, Nesta, Ferrari, Zambrotta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Zanetti, Cassano, Del Piero, Vieri. The yellow team with Peruzzi, Panucci, Cannavaro, Materazzi, Favalli, Perrotta, Fiore, Camoranesi, Totti, Di Vaio, Corradi. The match ended 1-1, with goals by Di Vaio and Del Piero. Buffon worked separately with the goalkeeper trainer, Bardin. Vieri left the field early because of a slight problem with his left knee. Nothing to worry about, according to the medical staff.

The Azzurri will leave Lisbon tomorrow morning to reach Oporto where they will play against Sweden on Friday. A workout is scheduled at 6:00 pm at the Dragao stadium

from figc.it

good words from zamboy and obviously Del Piero is on form.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #72
    DP has been scoring like mad at these training sessions, but what help is that? We need him to put one or two past the Swedes on Friday, that's what we need.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I'm rooting for Sweden. The trio of Zlatan, Larsson and Ljungberg will kick your arses :cool:
    I know! I want Sweden to qualify, along with Italy

Forza Italia per sempre, though

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    I suggest a revolution in Italy's lineup.
    Vieri, Del Piero and Totti, the lazy trio, should not play. especially Vieri and Totti. I hope Totti will be banned anyway.
    and of course replace Panucci too, beacuse I don't trust him.

instead Del Piero Totti and Vieri should play Corradi, Di Vaio/Cassano and Fiore. I think Fiore and Camoranesi could play together. Oddo should play instead of Panucchi.
    and Pirlo should play too.

my revolutionary linuep:

-----------------Corradi---------Di Vaio-------------

-------Camoranesi-----------------------Fiore------

-------------------Pirlo-------Perrotta----------------

---Zambrotta----Cannavaro---Nesta---Oddo---

-------------------------------Buffon-------------------

Asma

Doctor Asma
    Oct 21, 2003
    Totti wont play,right?? its better if he doesnt,we dont want to see any more of his crap.. :D Anyways,i hope they perform better in this match and make up for what they have done in the first match..i think their arrangement in the first match was ok,although some of the excellent players werent there...Anyways,they have buffon to save their goal and their asses.. :D

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #78
    ++ [ originally posted by JuveCampione ] ++
    I suggest a revolution in Italy's lineup.
    Vieri, Del Piero and Totti, the lazy trio, should not play. especially Vieri and Totti. I hope Totti will be banned anyway.
    and of course replace Panucci too, beacuse I don't trust him.

instead Del Piero Totti and Vieri should play Corradi, Di Vaio/Cassano and Fiore. I think Fiore and Camoranesi could play together. Oddo should play instead of Panucchi.
    and Pirlo should play too.

my revolutionary linuep:

-----------------Corradi---------Di Vaio-------------

-------Camoranesi-----------------------Fiore------

-------------------Pirlo-------Perrotta----------------

---Zambrotta----Cannavaro---Nesta---Oddo---

-------------------------------Buffon-------------------
    You want Sweden to win, don't you? :D ;)

Del Piero and Vieri have to play. With Totti gone they need to carry the burden upfront. Trap has two options. 4-4-2 with Zambro on the left of midfield (Favalli at LB) and Del Piero (or Cassano) + Vieri upfront, or a trident 4-3-3 with Cassano and Del Piero roaming slightly behind Vieri. Gattuso-Pirlo-Perrotta would form my three man midfield.

Dec 27, 2003
    As I was dipping my petit beurre in my tea this morning, it struck me and I yelled :

SCREW SWEDEN. WE'RE GONNA BEAT THEM

Forget Totti, forget Trap's conservative tactis, forget frigging everything. WE ARE ITALY FFS. We have our back to the wall and we are gonna REACT, because that's what we do best. We are going to show all those sceptics who yet again think we are finished and who have already buried us that we are ALIVE. We are going to rise from our ashes and we are going to FIGHT. I want to see 11 Garibaldis on the pitch tomorrow night. I want to spot the self-assurance of Cicero in their eyes, I want to see the panache of Mazzini in their game, I want them to repel the barbarian hordes to the outer limits of the Empire!

FRATELLI D'ITALIA, L'ITALIA S'È DESTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)