Euro 2004: Italy - Denmark (Group C) (1 Viewer)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
Yee like he choked against Mexico... Yee he is definetly a choker... Or even better, the most scoring choker from Italy squad :rolleyes:
MOST SCORING?

Inzaghi has more goals than DP ....

Vieri has more goals than DP...what most goals???

ONE GOAL between THREE TOURNAMENTS...HEY some would call that...wait wait...COUGH

CHOKING.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Today during training Trap played the following formation:

Buffon
Panucci - Nesta - Cannavaro - Zambrotta
Perrotta - Zanetti
Camoranesi - Totti - Del Piero
Vieri

That team beat the reserve team 5-1 with goals from Del Piero and Totti, as well as a Vieri hat-trick. Cassano scored for the reserves.
DP's worse enemy/fear will not be his form, his confidence or the opponent but ONE man named Antonio Cassano: should DP face the dreadful substitution call with Antonio Cassano replacing him..its pretty much GAME OVER..that KID ain't going back on the bench once he comes off.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
nick.. your out of line if you say dp choked at the world cup

He along with inzaghi was the most important player in italy's qualification.

Then on the eve of the tournament twat that is trap decided on his stupid 4-4-2 with totti up front and dp didnt play... how can he choke if he didnt play.

In the few mins he did play he did well.... pull your head in

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

MOST SCORING?

Inzaghi has more goals than DP ....

Vieri has more goals than DP...what most goals???

ONE GOAL between THREE TOURNAMENTS...HEY some would call that...wait wait...COUGH

CHOKING.
Inzaghi is not even in the National team, so Del Piero is the topscorer on the nationalteam...

Vieri has scored 22, and Del Piero 24... So i dont know what you want with this.

If you call a topscorer to be a choker, then you got probelms, cuz were i come from, strikers need to score goals.

Kiko

Jun 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Today during training Trap played the following formation:

Buffon
Panucci - Nesta - Cannavaro - Zambrotta
Perrotta - Zanetti
Camoranesi - Totti - Del Piero
Vieri

That team beat the reserve team 5-1 with goals from Del Piero and Totti, as well as a Vieri hat-trick. Cassano scored for the reserves.
Im quite suprised at the result honnestly... I mean other than the defence being more solid and the attack somewhat better on the A team, I wouldnt have thought for such a huge gap

What was the B team?
Toldo
Oddo-Materazzi-Ferrari-Favalli
Gattusso- Pirlo
Fiore-Cassano-DV
Corradi

?
Ok Id espect it wouldnt be the same formation but really, even if DV was playing extra terrible and Vieri had a fielday around Favalli....what the f*** happend?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
DP's worse enemy/fear will not be his form, his confidence or the opponent but ONE man named Antonio Cassano: should DP face the dreadful substitution call with Antonio Cassano replacing him..its pretty much GAME OVER..that KID ain't going back on the bench once he comes off.
Did I mention in another thread that Cassano is good, but perhaps one of the more overrated players in Serie A today? ;)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003

qualifying....same old story...then he chokes..
the choking theory is quit vague... Del Piero failed to perform to his 100 percent in the last 3 tournamenst for different reasons.... making myself sketic wether he will perform in this tournament, but you cant say he didnt earn his place through merit through qualifying and build ups... he performed and there, he goes to portugal.... but i do agree with you that it would be the end , WHEN he is replced by Cassano ..... oh well, at least i think he earns the first call

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002

nobody's scored more than dp of late in qualifying(5 goals in 6 games) and besides all of us have seen what cassano is capable of with roma,and trap has chosen to start and stick with dp.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
A choker gets the TITLE "choker" NOT from not performing at all but from being unable to bring it up a level or shining when the pressure is on. Qualifications?!! Please....Inzaghi scored 7 goals in two games and was instrumental in qualifying..Dino Baggio's goal pushed Italy through in 94. meaningless when you are dubbed World Class you have to perform like a World Class player. Personally I always wondered why no one even questioned DP's selection.
98, 2000, 2002: one goal. IN THE TOURNAMENTS....in the big matches (Milan-Juve CL Final) he has again and again shown that he is unable to muster up the confidence, deal with the pressure and come up big: he choked. PURE and SIMPLE. Maldini gave his LIFE to that team and was pratically booted out after a bad game. Disgusting.

Thus far Totti in terms of WC experience has done much more than Del Piero ever has.

Paul granted he did not play much in 2002..I was simply hitting that note because the guy responded that he didn't choke because of that one goal. What kind of arguement is that? Its common knowledge that NO PLAYER for the National has been given as much leeway and been accorded as much patience as Del Piero. Most players would have been watching the games from their TV set if they did what he did.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
A choker gets the TITLE "choker" NOT from not performing at all but from being unable to bring it up a level or shining when the pressure is on. Qualifications?!! Please....Inzaghi scored 7 goals in two games and was instrumental in qualifying..Dino Baggio's goal pushed Italy through in 94. meaningless when you are dubbed World Class you have to perform like a World Class player. Personally I always wondered why no one even questioned DP's selection.
98, 2000, 2002: one goal . IN THE TOURNAMENTS....in the big matches (Milan-Juve CL Final) he has again and again shown that he is unable to muster up the confidence, deal with the pressure and come up big: he choked. PURE and SIMPLE. Maldini gave his LIFE to that team and was pratically booted out after a bad game. Disgusting.

Thus far Totti in terms of WC experience has done much more than Del Piero ever has.

Paul granted he did not play much in 2002..I was simply hitting that note because the guy responded that he didn't choke because of that one goal. What kind of arguement is that? Its common knowledge that NO PLAYER for the National has been given as much leeway and been accorded as much patience as Del Piero. Most players would have been watching the games from their TV set if they did what he did.
* You mean 2. he scored in that uselses game vs. Sweden in Euro 2000. :party:
* I agree, his PAST CLUB performances is what got him to Portugal. He's been living off his old reputation. may i add that he's the only player in the world who plays like crap for a couple months straight (in the first team) and is excused for it because he had an old injury.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Nick, its all right if you dont like DP in the national team, but your statements about "Choker" are way unfair. By your criteria, then, Roberto Baggio was a choker, and of course, Johann Cruiff was a superchoker....

"in the big matches (Milan-Juve CL Final) he has again and again shown that he is unable to muster up the confidence, deal with the pressure and come up big: he choked."

A game with a 0-0 score ? DelPiero choked because he didnt score? And Pippo and sheva, they dont choke? c`mon.....

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm not saying I agree with Nick 100%, but I'm pretty sure I can see the answers he's gonna write to your post, so I'll have a go.

++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
Nick, its all right if you dont like DP in the national team, but your statements about "Choker" are way unfair. By your criteria, then, Roberto Baggio was a
choker, and of course, Johann Cruiff was a superchoker....
Not just talkin about finals here, the World Cup is the biggest stage of the highest level of football, and the likes of Baggio showed that they can perform at such a level. Just because Baggio missed that one penalty, doesn't make him a choker. Del Piero has failed to show up at every major international tournament

++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++ A game with a 0-0 score ? DelPiero choked because he didnt score? And Pippo and sheva, they dont choke? c`mon.....
Sheva scored the penalty to win the cup. Jog on son

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
Trez swallowed his tongue (and prolly should have died) but Dp was just left to fend for himself because Milan controlled the midfield and trez was in his typical useless strike partner self. So its not like he choked or anything in that Final, but instead he let down by the teams' attacking play.

but nevermind that. Btw, i've never seen Dp so pumped up before a tournament. He normally just says the usual crappy pussified stuff like he's in good condition etc. But now he knows its do or die. He will perform

haha the sad part is that when he performs, he WILL get injured.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Nick, its all right if you dont like DP in the national team, but your statements about "Choker" are way unfair. By your criteria, then, Roberto Baggio was a choker , and of course, Johann Cruiff was a superchoker....
And by your criteria you are comparing the NT careers of Baggio, Johann and DP?! How dare you??? Tell me one single game where DP single-handedly took the NT to some kind of win or success??? And I'm not just talking about scoring the decieve goal, but giving the whole team some wings ... N.E.V.E.R.!

Nick is right, DP is a choker, he can't even lead Juve. Sure, he does well against the small teams, but I have yet to see his extra-ordinary, magical in-put against the big teams, because it's there where it counts, since those are the most important games.

But anyway, lets not just blame DP. Italy, IMO, at the moment doesn't have a player that would have soo much carisma and balls to pull behind the rest of them and lead them to success. Totti could be one, but his ego is just too big. Cassano is too young.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Nick, its all right if you dont like DP in the national team, but your statements about "Choker" are way unfair. By your criteria, then, Roberto Baggio was a choker, and of course, Johann Cruiff was a superchoker....
Johan Cruijff can be compared to Alessandro Del Piero now?? Explain yourself youngman. I am about to come down on you like a ton of bricks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)