[EU] Uefa Cup 04-05 (2 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
That was the last we've heard of AZ. I heard some key players are leaving over the summer and anyway coach Co Adriaanse will be replaced by *drumrolls*........... Louis van Gaal!

:dazed: Noooooooo

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
I have only one reaction after both the CL and the UEFAcup results this week:

:lazy:
Btw, I know it was very harsh for PSV, but when you think of it did they really deserve the title? They didn't exactly beat big teams. The first big team they encountered was AC Milan, and they lost. Sure, they met Arsenal as well, but that was in the group stages. I think PSV was quite lucky with the draw.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That was the last we've heard of AZ. I heard some key players are leaving over the summer and anyway coach Co Adriaanse will be replaced by *drumrolls*........... Louis van Gaal!

:dazed: Noooooooo
Waarom zit Stein Huysegems tegenwoordig zoveel op de bank? In het begin van het seizoen vond ik hem misschien wel de beste speler bij AZ en nu vind ik hem zelden terug in de basisopstelling. El Kathabi vind ik trouwens ook niet altijd even sterk meer.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Als je het weet mag je het zeggen. Co Adriaanse is nou eenmaal een coach die ervan houdt om dingen af en toe rond te gooien. Waarom Huijsegems daar opeens het slachtoffer van geworden is, is mij een raadsel. Maar ik heb analisten horen zeggen dat Co Adriaanse hem als superwissel ziet. En daar zit ook wel wat in...

In ieder geval mag Huijsegems zich verheugen op aandacht van de traditionele top drie en verscheidene clubs uit het buitenland, vooral Spanje geloof ik. Wie weet waar hij volgend seizoen speelt!!

++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
Btw, I know it was very harsh for PSV, but when you think of it did they really deserve the title? They didn't exactly beat big teams. The first big team they encountered was AC Milan, and they lost. Sure, they met Arsenal as well, but that was in the group stages. I think PSV was quite lucky with the draw.
Oh of course, that's what I said right after the draw when they pulled Milan. But that doesn't mean I didn't have hope for them and supported them. I am Dutch after all.

I also don't think Porto deserved to win last year btw...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Oh of course, that's what I said right after the draw when they pulled Milan. But that doesn't mean I didn't have hope for them and supported them. I am Dutch after all.

I also don't think Porto deserved to win last year btw...
That's definitely true. To be honest, PSV played better than Porto did last year. I have to say I did cheer for PSV in the second leg and felt sorry for them, but we all knew that it was going to happen. And when you think about it, it was kind of funny. Tragedy always is :).

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Parma to make UEFA appeal Friday 6 May, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parma will make an official complaint to UEFA after a flare thrown from the CSKA crowd exploded near goalkeeper Luca Bucci.

The veteran suffered mild concussion after Moscow fans launched firecrackers on to the pitch during last night’s UEFA Cup semi-final.

Bucci was shaken by the incident and despite trying to play on, was eventually replaced by Sebastien Frey on 20 minutes.

"He was complaining of dizziness and we had to take him off," Parma boss Pietro Carmignani stated.

"I think he should be fine although he probably had a mild concussion. I don't think it's too serious."

The Italian outfit have confirmed that they would make an official appeal, even if that is unlikely to see last night’s 3-0 result reversed.

"It wasn’t good for fans to throw flares on to the pitch but let us not make it a big issue," said CSKA Coach Valery Gazzayev.

"We had a fantastic crowd tonight at the stadium and it was just a handful of misbehaving people who were throwing stuff.

"You have to understand our fans too. They have been waiting for this moment, a Russian team reaching a European Final, for a very, very long time. I think they just got over excited," he added.

"At a recent Champions’ League match in Milan between Inter and Milan, we saw a lot more flares being thrown and it was a lot more serious."

Inter were handed a four-match ban and fined by UEFA as a result of the San Siro crowd trouble

source: channel4.com

Aug 1, 2003
But last year was good Erik. If Juve's out, then all the big teams were out. Let Porto or Monaco win it, I'm happy with anything :D

Although I would've preferred Monaco, never really liked Porto since their UEFA cup final against celtic and monaco had some great players with them.

These teams that managed to go quite far in European tournaments only to lose at the bitter end is quite sad, because usually half the team will be sold and they'd have to start from scratch again

Gah

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
UEFA CUP is very boring i dont know why
are you kidding? The UEFA Cup finals are always 10x better than the bore-a-thon Champs League finals!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Truth is UEFA cup lost a lot of its charm when C2 was cancelled and the new CL was implemeted. Earlier each of the 3 cups had its character.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)