[EU] Group A Watch (5 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That would be nice, Blanc is a really good coach, but when I watched them at times, Bordeuax looked rather mediocre without the Gourcuff factor (when he isnt playing or not playing well).

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You must have caught them on their bad days because Bordeaux are a team that plays some good football. Sure they are a little too dependent on Gourcuff. He makes them tick, but they have a decent team, with attacking fullbacks on both sides, a diamond formation in midfield, and two attackers upfront. I for one find them rather entertaining.

Though i still think they are way behind Italian, Spanish, English and even German teams. I don't believe they will cause too much problems for Juve.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Does anyone know what our historical head to head record with Bayern is like? From what I can remember, we seem to do pretty well against them.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I don't think we should be troubled by any of the teams in our group. I expect a minimum of 13 points, with a maximum of 16 if things go our way.

Bayern have a few decent individuals, but are dysfunctional as a team (not to mention their erratic form). Bordeaux are entertaining to watch, but they don't really have the weapons to hurt us (shut down Gourcuff and you shut down their play, limit their effectiveness as a team, and elminate any potential threat or danger); I actually think it was a mistake on their part to allow Obertan to leave for Man. Utd. As for Maccabi, well, they are just there to make up the numbers and should pose no threat whatsover (We have to take them seriously tho).

I expect 3 home wins, an away win and 2 draws. I predict we will finish top with 14 points.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Fred - what about Bordeaux defence? I pretty well know the starting midfielders and attackers, but i've no clue about their defence, can you give me some?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Well they sold their best defender Souleymane Diawara to L'OM so theres a bit of uncertainty regarding their defense. The brought in Mickael Ciani as a replacement, i don't rate Ciani that highly, he is all power no technique kind of defender. Their fullbacks however are rather good, though their strengths actually lie in their offensive game not their defensive one.

As a a unit their defense is rather solid, but nothing special. I'd say they have an ok defense, but it certainly isn't one of their strong points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)