[EU] Europa League 2015/2016 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juvefan27

Apr 17, 2012
I know football is all about short-termism, but you'd think the likes of Liverpool and Tottenham would realise that failing to take the Europa League seriously now is going to make it harder for them to qualify for the Champions League in the long-run.

Liverpool keep resting players as they don't want them to be tired for their bid for 4th place.

But if they keep picking up poor results, fourth place won't get you Champions League anymore. Whereas if you win the Europa League, you get into the Champions League AND coefficient points.

Hopefully Napoli and Fiorentina can come close to what they did last season. If Roma can qualify, and Arsenal get knocked out the takeover could happen this season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Every game in the PL is tough, you've got 5-6 top teams and the rest are no pushovers. It drains players a lot more than the other leagues. Wolfsburg for example can allow themselves to run like crazy for 90min against United and then play like crap the next few Bundesliga games. United on the other hand cannot.
It's ironic but I think the quality of the Prem is lowering the performance of English clubs in the CL. Yes, we have the top 4-6 clubs but man, it's difficult to beat a lot of mid to bottom clubs. These days, most of them can boast of decent foreign internationals. In countries where it's pretty much the top 4 and nothing else, there's less pressure on the top teams, because it's mostly about trying to beat each other. I know it's a gross simplification, but I really think as the Prem gets harder, it gets harder to go far into the CL unless you have a really deep squad.

PL > CL confirmed

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Every game in the PL is tough, you've got 5-6 top teams and the rest are no pushovers. It drains players a lot more than the other leagues. Wolfsburg for example can allow themselves to run like crazy for 90min against United and then play like crap the next few Bundesliga games. United on the other hand cannot.
It's ironic but I think the quality of the Prem is lowering the performance of English clubs in the CL. Yes, we have the top 4-6 clubs but man, it's difficult to beat a lot of mid to bottom clubs. These days, most of them can boast of decent foreign internationals. In countries where it's pretty much the top 4 and nothing else, there's less pressure on the top teams, because it's mostly about trying to beat each other. I know it's a gross simplification, but I really think as the Prem gets harder, it gets harder to go far into the CL unless you have a really deep squad.

PL > CL confirmed
:lol:

Love it.

I've seriously read the same stuff on multiple English fan forums. Dat dere delusion.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006

PL > CL confirmed
All the EPL fanboys use this excuse to justify how bad their teams are doing.

We could do the same, breezing along in the CL. struggling in Serie A.

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
Fucking Samp. If they hadn't lost to whoever they lost to then Italy would be in a great position right now. It will great fantastic once/if Italy gets its fourth spot back as not only would it give more credibility to the league, but also having another team having to contend with midweek European fixtures makes winning the title just that little bit easier. One of the reasons why Inter has looked so decent this season is their light schedule. It makes a world of difference

Also, all the people talking about the EPL being terrible. Don't you think it's possible that EPL sides struggle more in Europe because their league tempo is higher and therefore they're more tired? Because I think it's a big part of the reason for their performances.

Of course if EPL coaches were smart they would force their sides to slow the tempo of their games down in order to conserve energy for Europe, but for whatever reason they don't.

Dox28

Aug 31, 2015
Guys, great week seriously, well done Lazio, Fio, Napoli!! Monaco and Sion thanks a lot!!!
Italycoefficientspirit!!!:weee:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

PL > CL confirmed
This is true when you'd have a strong league and moderate cash, so you got a very important 13players, and not much rotation.
However, EPL coaches have been preaching rotation for the past decade and a half, and they earn ridiculous amounts of cash, they should not have this issue. And actually, do they ? City is stacked as fuck, so are united and chelsea in the offensive department (wich is the issue, as defenders doesnt face the same mental tireness). Arsenal got bitter few excuses either.

Comparing to juventus, we play in a tacticall tough league, and each team plays the game of their lives against us. Yet Conte and Allegri picked up plenty of points with fit teams, and especially Conte barely had rotation options. Napoli and Roma had simularly excellent campaings with a small bench.

The reality is, that EPL teams have spend the past decade trowing away their financial advantage, by making stupid purchases and inflating the market. stacking players when other area's need focus. Unlike Marotta's earlyer juve teams, EPL has no issues with attracting talent and paying serious wages.

The EPL is failing, and keeps spending huge sums wrongly.

Fine, we got a 66.66% striker that looks like white egyptian Anelka. 60 million plz.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Fucking Samp. If they hadn't lost to whoever they lost to then Italy would be in a great position right now. It will great fantastic once/if Italy gets its fourth spot back as not only would it give more credibility to the league, but also having another team having to contend with midweek European fixtures makes winning the title just that little bit easier. One of the reasons why Inter has looked so decent this season is their light schedule. It makes a world of difference

Also, all the people talking about the EPL being terrible. Don't you think it's possible that EPL sides struggle more in Europe because their league tempo is higher and therefore they're more tired? Because I think it's a big part of the reason for their performances.

Of course if EPL coaches were smart they would force their sides to slow the tempo of their games down in order to conserve energy for Europe, but for whatever reason they don't.
But if they do it won't be "THE MOST EXCITING LEAGUE IN THE WORLD" anymore , they would start playing boring football like everybody else . Btw saw bein sports after show (the one with lineker , he was not present this time though) yesterday and I totally hated Viallis ass licking in regards to this matter .

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Well, i dont see our EL representatives slowing down, and in the CL we have both juve and roma who will improve significantly as the season goes on.

Wich means juve should rack points in the CL and when roma gets their shit togheter, they should have a good EL campaign

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Surpassed England for the 2017 ranking. :touched:

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2017.html

It would be great for the coefficient if Inter made EL instead of Samp. As much as i would have hated to see it.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
But if they do it won't be "THE MOST EXCITING LEAGUE IN THE WORLD" anymore , they would start playing boring football like everybody else . Btw saw bein sports after show (the one with lineker , he was not present this time though) yesterday and I totally hated Viallis ass licking in regards to this matter .
They shouldnt need to have to conserve energy, considering the rotational options they should have with their turnovers.

I can see Fergusson having a big laugh when he sees pellegrini struggle.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011

It would be great for the coefficient if Inter made EL instead of Samp. As much as i would have hated to see it.
Imho I wouldn't consider it done this year ,it's still not certain for italy to pass england this year . The way things are going italys teams are all set to pass the group stages in the EL , but imho english teams will also pass , I really doubt totenham and liverpool fail to make it . In CL roma at the moment is in a tough spot , though if they qualify for EL would be great for italy . On the other hand I still see all english teams except arsenal (who is totally fucked) to pass the group . It's still all to be seen

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

:agree:

For two reasons

1) they would have at least made the knockout rounds of the EL

2) makes them play midweek games and pick up more injuries/tired players etc

Teams like Udinese and Sampdoria damaged the leagues coefficients for years. And TBH Lazio and Roma haven't covered themselves in glory either.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Imho I wouldn't consider it done this year ,it's still not certain for italy to pass england this year . The way things are going italys teams are all set to pass the group stages in the EL , but imho english teams will also pass , I really doubt totenham and liverpool fail to make it . In CL roma at the moment is in a tough spot , though if they qualify for EL would be great for italy . On the other hand I still see all english teams except arsenal (who is totally fucked) to pass the group . It's still all to be seen
The PL teams just don't take the EL seriously at all. Very similar to how the Italians teams were pre 2013. Even if Tottenham and Liverpool make it out of their group, I don't see either of them going too far. Whereas I see Viola and Napoli making the latter stages (IMO).

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
The PL teams just don't take the EL seriously at all. Very similar to how the Italians teams were pre 2013. Even if Tottenham and Liverpool make it out of their group, I don't see either of them going too far. Whereas I see Viola and Napoli making the latter stages (IMO).
That's fair , but tbh even if they rotate and don't take it seriously the quality of many of these teams is dreadful , they just don't need to get a good team and they could easily both pass next round too imho . After that it would become harder for them , but if they reach that stage they may start taking it more seriously .

Mar 10, 2009
true

but i remeber when I used to use that excuse for Serie A and the EPL fanboys wouldn't buy it. End of the day the EPL is by far the richest league, it really has no excuse. Also the fact of the matter they're doing terrible at both, the CL and EL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)