[EU] Europa League 2015/2016 (95 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
As of today, Serie A now is ahead of the EPL for '17/'18.
League...............................2016/2017.......2017/2018
#BestLeagueintheWorld:...........66.41...........51.16
Serie A:..................................62.94...........51.58

Conclusion: The Best League in the World needs to beat Serie A by ~0.42 in additional aggregate score this year and next year in order to keep its 4th spot.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I used to be on team Serie A long time before some here even start support. I like Serie A to be back to what it was , so that the club can improve the revenue like how Agnelli shares the same with me and we can compete with Bayern, Madrid or Man U on financial terms as well. However, looking at recent developments, i begin to accept that maybe the league cant be saved. Even if we get another spot for CL, i think that will be a waste. No revenue grow, the club gonna embarass Serie A in CL like Roma, or how our 3rd spot team failed to get past the preliminaries in 5 out 6 season. Then you got the ugly beurocracy, for example how Milan decide not the make the stadium, kinda embarassing, and the ugly fans like Roma who pushing real fans away from the stadium.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I think I could die in laughter if the best league in the universe loses it's 4th spot, and on behalf of Italians that is :lol:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
1 out of 4.375 points the EPL got from CL/EL qualification rounds, as opposed to Italy's 0.3 out of 4.0

In other words Italy are doing much better in the actual competition so far, 3.7 for Italy vs 3.375 for EPL

Nejc

May 13, 2006
But unless Italy gets at least 3 more pts vs England this 2015/2016 year, next year England will have 4 CL spots? :shifty: Right?
England will have 4 CL spots in 2016/17 no matter what happens. If Italy somehow overtakes England this season it will only count in 2017/18.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
true

but i remeber when I used to use that excuse for Serie A and the EPL fanboys wouldn't buy it. End of the day the EPL is by far the richest league, it really has no excuse. Also the fact of the matter they're doing terrible at both, the CL and EL.
There is no doubt that the overall quality of the EPL has declined quite a bit since probably around 2010/11 or so...but there is no doubt that the majority of the clubs despise that tournament and see it has a hindrance. Most managers often pick weaker teams and lineups, so as to not injure anyone before PL games. It's exactly the same scenario the Italian clubs went through, except now Serie A clubs see it as a way of qualifying for the CL.

- - - Updated - - -

Also reading some EPL forums

"UEFA should give more points in the coefficients for CL", "The Italians are using the EL to overtake us". "The English teams dont care at all about the EL",

Some of the same phrases us Serie A fans were using (swap the leagues around) 4-5 years ago. Surreal shit :D

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
There is no doubt that the overall quality of the EPL has declined quite a bit since probably around 2010/11 or so...but there is no doubt that the majority of the clubs despise that tournament and see it has a hindrance. Most managers often pick weaker teams and lineups, so as to not injure anyone before PL games. It's exactly the same scenario the Italian clubs went through, except now Serie A clubs see it as a way of qualifying for the CL.

- - - Updated - - -

"UEFA should give more points in the coefficients for CL", "The Italians are using the EL to overtake us". "The English teams dont care at all about the EL",

Some of the same phrases us Serie A fans were using (swap the leagues around) 4-5 years ago. Surreal $#@! :D
Ya the English doesn't care about EL, and even financially the CL is nothing compared to what they can make in EPL. So in a way the system doesn't seem to help them at this time, and I expect UEFA to do something to help them out. After all they have the biggest attraction and most money, a team less in CL for them its financially negative for UEFA.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014

- - - Updated - - -

Some of the same phrases us Serie A fans were using (swap the leagues around) 4-5 years ago. Surreal $#@! :D
Pretty funny though how a team like Tottenham's best hope for UCL qualification is the Europa league. Ultimately UEFA ****ed the EPL as soon as it gave the Europa League victor a UCL spot. Why? because even two years ago, Serie A didn't give a flying **** about Europa. I remember Lazio dressing a B team and losing against a Bulgarian team over two legs. Now Serie A cares, and quite frankly, Italians play a style that wins while the EPL is way to focused on playing open, uptempo football, so it is a more marketable product. EPL will be fourth soon enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Arsenalmania said:
It's ironic but I think the quality of the Prem is lowering the performance of English clubs in the CL. Yes, we have the top 4-6 clubs but man, it's difficult to beat a lot of mid to bottom clubs. These days, most of them can boast of decent foreign internationals. In countries where it's pretty much the top 4 and nothing else, there's less pressure on the top teams, because it's mostly about trying to beat each other. I know it's a gross simplification, but I really think as the Prem gets harder, it gets harder to go far into the CL unless you have a really deep squad.
This is a quote from Arsenalmania. Please could someone tell Juve this?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I think Italy has a great shot to surpass England in two years time and have that 4th spot back for 18/19, but I dont think theyll manage to overcome them this season, the gap is still very big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 95)