[EU] Europa League 2015/2016 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Aberdeen 2-2 Rijeka (5-2 on agg.)

Job done.

Started with the same shape as the first game, but changed early in this one:

Ward

Logan-Taylor-Quinn-Considine

McGinn-Jack-Shinnie-Hayes

McLean

Goodwillie​

This was okay when everyone stayed very compact and we dozed through the first half comfortably enough.

In the second half our defence dropped a little deep and that created the space for Rijeka to try and play through us in a way they hadn't threatened to at all in the first game when we had the four-man central block in midfield. With the space a little too big in midfield and it only being covered by three players (our wingers were tracking the fullbacks) things were just a bit too open for a while.

On the second goal they just got a lucky deflection on a long-range shot.

We then awoke from our slumber to quickly get a goal to restore our cushion and changed back to the 3-4-2-1 from the first game.

Got another goal on the break and saw the game out without any alarms.

Pretty impressive win and performances over the two legs, even if I do say so myself.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
:cry:

Birkirkara outplayed those pieces of shit throughout both matches. They should have been eliminated and create Maltese history.

Fucking bubble assholes.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Aberdeen 2-2 Rijeka (5-2 on agg.)

Job done.

Started with the same shape as the first game, but changed early in this one:

Ward

Logan-Taylor-Quinn-Considine

McGinn-Jack-Shinnie-Hayes

McLean

Goodwillie​

This was okay when everyone stayed very compact and we dozed through the first half comfortably enough.

In the second half our defence dropped a little deep and that created the space for Rijeka to try and play through us in a way they hadn't threatened to at all in the first game when we had the four-man central block in midfield. With the space a little too big in midfield and it only being covered by three players (our wingers were tracking the fullbacks) things were just a bit too open for a while.

On the second goal they just got a lucky deflection on a long-range shot.

We then awoke from our slumber to quickly get a goal to restore our cushion and changed back to the 3-4-2-1 from the first game.

Got another goal on the break and saw the game out without any alarms.

Pretty impressive win and performances over the two legs, even if I do say so myself.
I think we should sign McLean to be our new CAM. Can he play there? Well if he isn't convinced by the project, maybe we can do a swap deal with Goodwillie, send Llorente over to you guys.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think Pawlett will suit us more then. How much will he cost us?
~£1m.

And it makes me laugh seeing the word "Trequartisti" next to names like McLean and Pawlett :D
I know. :D

If only the English-speaking world had come up with an adequate word for the position I wouldn't have to resort to Italian.

- - - Updated - - -

Goals from last night:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
@Enron, pretty encouraging stuff from Ward so far.

Little shakey in the first two games, but looking more settled now.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
@Enron, pretty encouraging stuff from Ward so far.

Little shakey in the first two games, but looking more settled now.

Nice to see. He's well thought of in the club. Seems to be confident in the air, snagging crosses and owning the 18. But seems to be a little nervy when it comes 1v1ish plays and ground ball saves.

Nice of Aberdeen to give him some work. Wouldn't want him standing in goal doing nothing all match.:p

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Nice to see. He's well thought of in the club. Seems to be confident in the air, snagging crosses and owning the 18. But seems to be a little nervy when it comes 1v1ish plays and ground ball saves.

Nice of Aberdeen to give him some work. Wouldn't want him standing in goal doing nothing all match.:p
He's getting work because we were playing a decent European side.

Through the league campaign he'll have much less to do.

Way better than Gerson compilations, srs.
And what that doesn't show is how hard he works for the team.

It's almost Nedved-esque in the way you feel he could be thrown into pretty much any midfield role and he wouldn't let the team down.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Samp is down 0-4 at home to Vojvodina! not a promising start for Serie A to take its 4th spot back from EPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)