[EU] Europa League 2014/15 (24 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
We will overtake England in two seasons, if things will stay as they are
I think in the long term Italy has a better shot at Germany than at England. Bundesliga is done for the next year(s): Dortmund falling apart, WOB+Gladbach in CL, Augsburg in EL. England got like 5 big brands in possession of crazy money and they will not have a season that bad again.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Agree, short term Serie A will go above EPL but the long term battle for the 3rd place will be with Ze Chermans. And I think it's a battle that the Serie A clubs are more than capable of winning

Anyway I think this is also the first time since 2003 that 3 Italian teams were at the semi-final stage of European competitions.

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
UEFA just should give the 4th and the 5h a 4 CL place as well. And i am absolutely serious about it. The first two are directly qualified, the other two have to go through the qualification process. That way smaller countries still can have the two places taken away from them, through showing that they are good enough for the CL. Small nation-teams get too much time gifted in the CL anyway.

If the UEFA is serious about FFP, they need to do things in order to increase the chance of avoiding an absolute Bayern/Real/Barca dominance. One is giving more clubs in Italy (and France, although Italy is more capable) the chance to get CL money. Give other leagues the opportunity to have some consistent income from the CL, let other teams have a realistic chance of continuity. The way it is now teams like Lyon, Napoli, Roma or Lazio never will grow much since one season they are in the CL, the next they aren't, then they are in again for two years and for the following two years they are out again. That way they are much less able to build the next Dortmund/Atletico even if they do very well.

Teams like Lyon/Roma etc. never are going to reach a top-level, but back in the day they could give everyone a hard time on a good day. Lyon and Roma each eliminated Real a couple of years, something unimaginable in this day and age. Possibilities like that rarely exist today, but are important in order to have a higher fluctuation in the CL semis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)