OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,101
    I didn't say that you said Real would win last year :D

I meant he didn't win anything with Real last season, so it's not a safe bet that he would win everything with City this season.
    This City is stronger than last season Madrid, that's what I'm saying.

There was no reason for City not to reach finals. But they failed at freakin' group stages. Maybe he wouldn't win it, yeah, but he'd do way better.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    He's doing fine at EPL. But what he did at CL and now at EL is just sad. Did Sporting have experience? You just can't lose your place against a team like that when your squad costs so much. Final was a must for him.

They didn't pass group stages at CL, seriously, screw that 'experience'. Napoli didn't have any either.

Kaka barely even played. Benzema wasn't that expensive while Ozil was cheap, so let's not exaggerate.

City's wages are idiot, let alone transfer fees.
    just mentionning that madrid spend high and reckless before mourinho

i agree alot on city's wages and fees

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
    This City is stronger than last season Madrid, that's what I'm saying.

There was no reason for City not to reach finals. But they failed at freakin' group stages. Maybe he wouldn't win it, yeah, but he'd do way better.
    I do not agree with the part in black

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    imagine a 4-2-3-1, with nasri and silva playing wide, aguero beeing cam/ss, van persie and balotelli competing for complete forward role

incredibly scary , especially considering van persie's stats this season and last season.

a backline with probably hummels-kompany after the summer

damn..

---------- Post added 15.03.2012 at 23:41 ----------

if you take in accound the year were they got ronaldo, till today, they did spend pretty hard

ronaldo and kaka came for heavy fees

benzema, ozil, alonso, contrao, not cheap eighter

but, failed hard before mou came, when he arrived, he made a team out of a bunch of stars
    until they get a proper coach to lead that team, chances are they aren't winning anything. This year is their great chance to win the EPL, with all other top teams being horribly inconsistent, and it seems they are gonna miss out on it yet again. With the ManU and Chelsea of old, Man City would likely be 3rd now, out of the title race already, and that's Mancini's doing, imo.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    I do not agree with the part in black
    roster-wise, the only diff between the two would be CR7 being better than any of the City forwards, other than that, I think they are pretty evenly matched ... with the main diff between the two being that Real are coached by a top coach like Mou, who knows how to make his players play at their top, while City by a proven bottler like Mancio, who probably still doesn't know what his best starting 11 really is.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Ridiculous that Athletic Bilbao only won both legs by a single goal.

If Llorente had played the whole game tonight they surely would have scored at least four and giving Man Utd the hiding they deserved.

Thought there was some rubbish decisions from the coaches in City-Sporting.

Mancini went out with a team that was far too attacking that left the team vulnerable, especially when the had relatively immobile Pizarro in midfield and the garbage Savic at CB. Sporting were able to overload the flanks due to forwards not tracking back and Fernandez was able to run the show due to Sporting having an extra man in midfield.

Mancini then made a sensible change at halftime, but the SPorting coach reacted badly. He brought off Sporting's more technically gifted midfielder and replaced them with harder workers too early in the game. This meant that Sporting were no longer able to retain possession and Man City were able to force them back and build up extended periods of pressure in and around the Sporting box.

Good to see another fuck-up from Joe Hart that will be ignored by the English due to him almost scoring in the last minute.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Check Yaya Toure's wages, you'll have a good laugh.
    epl claims him to be top 3 cdm

if its true, i could understand

but i dont believe it

until they get a proper coach to lead that team, chances are they aren't winning anything. This year is their great chance to win the EPL, with all other top teams being horribly inconsistent, and it seems they are gonna miss out on it yet again. With the ManU and Chelsea of old, Man City would likely be 3rd now, out of the title race already, and that's Mancini's doing, imo.
    chelsea of old, like the one kicking napoli out.

it saddened me to see italy lose one to england

but seeing the great chelsea machine back, was nice to watch. still not what it was 3 years ago tho

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
    roster-wise, the only diff between the two would be CR7 being better than any of the City forwards, other than that, I think they are pretty evenly matched ... with the main diff between the two being that Real are coached by a top coach like Mou, who knows how to make his players play at their top, while City by a proven bottler like Mancio, who probably still doesn't know what his best starting 11 really is.
    real of last year was also better in the defence departmente

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    real of last year was also better in the defence departmente
    Mancio has the talent to make them play just as well ... if they aren't, that's his responsibility - after all, how the players perform is heavily dependent on who's coaching them. Plus it's not like City lack the funds to improve their defense, if Mancio thought he needed better talent at the back ... the guy basically operates with a blank check under his pillow.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
    Mancio has the talent to make them play just as well ... if they aren't, that's his responsibility - after all, how the players perform is heavily dependent on who's coaching them. Plus it's not like City lack the funds to improve their defense, if Mancio thought he needed better talent at the back ... the guy basically operates with a blank check under his pillow.
    I am not speaking of defensive phase . I am speaking of players ability only and real is better in that department in my opinion . And not wanting to get better defenders and middfielders is his fault i don't fucking get it why he only buys attackers . He had a pretty decent attack and he still went and bought aguero now he wants van persie .

if i remember correctly reals formation of last year

---------------casillas
    ramos-------pepe---carvalho--------marcelo
    -----------------xabi
    ------------khedira
    ----------------------ozil
    -----di maria------------------ronaldo
    -------------------higuain

I think that is better of what city currenlty has , in the future i am sure they can become better , althrough not very sure if mancini continues with his fetish of bying attackers .

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    I am not speaking of defensive phase . I am speaking of players ability only and real is better in that department in my opinion . And not wanting to get better defenders and middfielders is his fault i don't fucking get it why he only buys attackers . He had a pretty decent attack and he still went and bought aguero now he wants van persie .

if i remember correctly reals formation of last year

---------------casillas
    ramos-------pepe---carvalho--------marcelo
    -----------------xabi
    ------------khedira
    ----------------------ozil
    -----di maria------------------ronaldo
    -------------------higuain

I think that is better of what city currenlty has , in the future i am sure they can become better , althrough not very sure if mancini continues with his fetish of bying attackers .
    my main point is that the way the Real M players play now is heavily due to Mou coaching them as he gets the best out of them ... in City's case - it's Mancio's inability to make them play as well as they can, not so much that the players are not top talent. Switch coaches, and I am sure these same players City have will perform a lot better with Mou at the helm, while Real's worse with Mancio coaching them.
    How well a player performs is relative as it's determined by who's coaching them - Pepe under Mou is likely a better a CB than Pepe in Mancio's system.

there are plenty of examples of how teams with great rosters win nothing because their coach is a shitty one - Madrid over the years, Inter of old, now City too. The most important figure in a team is the coach, not how famous the Cb or the CF is ... a great coach is the foundation on which great teams are build.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
    my main point is that the way the Real M players play now is heavily due to Mou coaching them as he gets the best out of them ... in City's case - it's Mancio's inability to make them play as well as they can, not so much that the players are not top talent. Switch coaches, and I am sure these same players City have will perform a lot better with Mou at the helm, while Real's worse with Mancio coaching them.
    How well a player performs is relative as it's determined by who's coaching them - Pepe under Mou is likely a better a CB than Pepe in Mancio's system.

there are plenty of examples of how teams with great rosters win nothing because their coach is a shitty one - Madrid over the years, Inter of old, now City too. The most important figure in a team is the coach, not how famous the Cb or the CF is ... a great coach is the foundation on which great teams are build.
    I agree that if you switch coaches it would be different but still there is a clear difference of skill between players

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    i like how everyone just chooses to ignore the points they cant answer, man city's roster though talented is nowhere near real's. City despite its boatloads of cash cant attract the ronaldos of this world and other proven winners which can earn just as much in bigger more prestigious clubs. The point remains this city team is not only new but very inexperienced, and mancini is doing a good job getting the most out of them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)