[EU] Europa League 2011/12 (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC17

Aug 18, 2011
Out of the 8 in Europe, three from England qualified from their groups. All 5 of the Italian teams made it.

Roma and Palermo (!!!!) can go fuck themselves.
Slovan finished with 1 point in their group, and Thun didn't even make it. Pathetic that those two are killing the co-efficient this season when Milan, Inter and Napoli are racking up the points.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Did you guys see the team Tottenham played today? :wth:

Seriously, they play in the CL for one year and all of a sudden they think the Europa League is beneath them.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
So, Italian teams still sucks ?
How did you deduce that from what I wrote in my post?

Soon enough Italy will take over France in the co-efficient points for this season.

There's no point comparing Italy's points to Germany's they are something like 12 points ahead overall, will take a good 3-4 years to come close to that, infact it wouldnt shock me if Germany overtake Spain in another season or two.

Jul 1, 2010
The problem with Italy this year is that the number of total points gained in a season is divided by the number of teams it has in Europe. We had 7 teams in Europe but Roma and Palermo got no points for us since they got eliminated before the group stage of the EL. France had 6 teams, which means that their total is divided by 6 instead of 7. France had 2 teams in the Group phase of the EL(their 6th team didn't qualify) and 3 teams in the Group phase of the CL, While Italy had 2 and 3.

Therefore, France and Italy both had 5 teams in the group stages but Italy's total points were divided by 7, while France by 6. This is why France has 1,5 point more than Italy currently even though we have 5 teams still in Europe while they only have 2.

Italy's coefficient for this season will most likely be higher than France's but if it is tight at the moment, it is thanks to Roma and Palermo.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Belgium: 3/3 advance, all 3 groups winner.
No offence, but this is what the EL is all about, the teams from smaller leagues doing well.

Out of interest, what kind of teams did the Belgian sides field? Were they strong teams, first choice players, or with several changes?

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
No offence, but this is what the EL is all about, the teams from smaller leagues doing well.

Out of interest, what kind of teams did the Belgian sides field? Were they strong teams, first choice players, or with several changes?
First teams, except Standard in the last match since they were already certain of the group victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)