[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (58 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2004
Ok now that all is done and dusted I'm ready to predict. But before that I'm still unable to come up with a starting 11.

Man United:
Their defense is the only certainty. Van der Sar, Brown, Vidic, Rio, Evra will all definitely start. Scholes should also start as he missed '99 final on suspension, so if he does, he's likely to take up an attacking mid role like he did vs. Barcelona. C Ronaldo then is the other certainty. Question is will he play left or right wing? Also, will he play as a winger or a forward to support Rooney (who's also a definite starter)? Hargreaves deserves the start, but Carrick seems to be a bit more of a favorite for Ferguson, since Hargs has been used as a right back alternative...

Park Ji Sung is also yet another one of Man United's versatile options, and one of Sir Alex's preferred creative men this year - either as a forward, or central attacking mid or out wide on the left...which is a famous position for the slightly underperforming......Ryan Giggs!!

Other options include Nani, who struggled in the Stamford Bridge clash which ended 2-1 for the Blues. Anderson is an excellent creative option who's full of surprises...would be ineresting if plays from the start or not. I think he'll come on as a sub.

Finally, Carlos Tevez - should he partner Rooney, or come off the bench and kill the match/save the match later on in the game?

I think Sir Alex will play something like a solid 4-4-2 - (he's played the 3-4-1-1/3-5-2 variations against weaker EPL teams usually at home)

Starting lineup prediction -

VdS
Brown
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo (right wing)
Carrick
Scholes
Park Ji-Sung
Rooney

Bench:
Kuszcak (sorry I cant spell it...lol...I asked a Polish girl how to pronounce it, she said "KOO-shak")
O'Shea
Saha
Anderson
Nani
Giggs
Tevez

(I don't know who is preferred, over Pique/Silvestre for defensive backup...?)

Chelsea

Avram Grant isn't too adventurous. He's just gonna field his best men in a 4-4-2 and block off any Ronaldo danger.

They have their main men all over the place, the debatable positions and starters are Malouda or Kalou to play as attacking left wingers, whether Anelka will be partnering Drogba in attack or not, and whether Essien, Mikel, or Makelele to start in defensive midfield roles. I think Kalou will partner the DROG up front as a support, and Essien will be their midfield dynamo- he's been f*ckin awesome this year. Ballack's recent good form will make him one of the men to watch, not forgetting Drogba's clinical finishing in front of goal. Kalou is a good support player up front who can cause trouble, but not the best finisher.

My predicted formation...

Cech
Ashley Cole or Belletti...apparently Ash suffered a minor injury today
Terry
Carvalho
Ferreira
Joe Cole
Ballack
Essien
Lampard
Drogba
Kalou

Bench:
Cudicini
Bridge
Alex
SWP
Malouda
Shevchenko
Anelka

And so........my prediction then. I tried my best to make these formations based on their lineups throughout the season.....but it's of course a little influenced from my own humble judgment.....

Ok here we go.....*deep breath*

1st Half:
Man United 1-0 Chelsea
(Rooney)

2nd Half:
Man United 1-1 Chelsea
(Drogba)

Yes folks...this one's going to extratime...which will remain 1-1.

Man United to win spot-kicks 4-3.

2008 CL Winner will be Man United.

Cheers - and here's to a good game.

P.S. - I have a feeling my prediction is going to be way off! :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Kuszcak (sorry I cant spell it...lol...I asked a Polish girl how to pronounce it, she said "KOO-shak")
There are two options open to us. Either it is that Polish people universally can't pronounce Polish names at all. And if not, it must be that the people who inquire about these pronunciations can't repeat them [anywhere near] correctly.

I wonder which.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i will miss the final for the first time in years purely by choice ( can't remember when was the last time i did that ) . Dont have any genuine interest in the game, cbf waking up at 4:45am to watch.

My prediction is that man u will win, not too comfortably though and it could be heart breaking for Chelsea.

Jun 13, 2007
I think Chelsea will run away as winners in this one. What better way to save their season than by beating Manure in the C.L Final?

Final score :

Chelsea 2 - 1 Manure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)