[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (80 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2007
Oh, that's right. Misleading username :p

So you're out of college now, eh? What's next for you?
Yeah one of these days I'll be changing it seeing that Nocerino will be at Palermo.I was going to go work but actually I am going to law school now. I officially decided that over the weekend.

The strip club or the street corner. American girls don't have much in the way of job opportunities with the recession and all.
Those are respectable livings too you know.

Sep 26, 2007
Law school, what for? :D
I'm going to be focusing in on Divorce Law and maybe dabble in Corporate Law a little although I don't like it. I'm not really sure how it works at the law school I am going to so we will see if I get to pick what I want to do. I know I only have about 1 semester of required classes and the rest is whatever I want to do and working on real life cases. I'll be honest though I would never put myself as a lawyer or a law student so it will be interesting to see how I end up :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Divorce law? That has got to be a guy's worst nightmare. Not because we hate getting out of long-term relationships, but because we don't want to hear about petty little gossip fights.

Have fun with that, Sarah. :inter:

Sep 26, 2007
Yeah I get to avoid living in the real world for another 3 years :weee:

To join the club of people who can look down on you plebs. :D
What are plebs? :confused:

Divorce law? That has got to be a guy's worst nightmare. Not because we hate getting out of long-term relationships, but because we don't want to hear about petty little gossip fights.

You can't help what you are passionate about I guess :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

I just finished doing a module of divorce law and it was shit. No way I would specialize in that and have to do it every day.

A pleb is a commoner or a member of the lower classes.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

It doesn't have to be vindictive just because it's divorce law. You know noone's forcing you to live your life on stereotypes :D

Prolly not the first thing I'd want to do in law (more like near the bottom of the list, sounds a bit dull), but I'm sure there's a way to make that interesting too.

Sep 26, 2007
I just finished doing a module of divorce law and it was shit. No way I would specialize in that and have to do it every day.

A pleb is a commoner or a member of the lower classes.
Ohh so I was close. I thought it was a peasant or something of that nature.

What are you studying since you did do a module of divorce law?

It doesn't have to be vindictive just because it's divorce law. You know noone's forcing you to live your life on stereotypes :D

Prolly not the first thing I'd want to do in law (more like near the bottom of the list, sounds a bit dull), but I'm sure there's a way to make that interesting too.
Exactly plus there are a lot of things people don't really think about when it comes to divorce law. My dad wants me to do Corporate Law since thats what he does but not for me. I'd rather help people break up vindictively :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Oh good choice :D What area are you planning on focusing in on and how long do you guys have to go to school to be a lawyer?
I'm not sure what I'll focus on, but I want to avoid Family Law and Criminal Law, so I will probably look to get into some for of Corporate Law or Conveyancing.

We do 3 years to get a normal degree, 1 year to make it an honours, 1 year for the Diploma in Legal Practice (needed to practice law in Scotland) and a 2 year traineeship with a law firm.

Then you are a fully qualified lawyer recognised by the Law Society.

Sep 26, 2007
I'm not sure what I'll focus on, but I want to avoid Family Law and Criminal Law, so I will probably look to get into some for of Corporate Law or Conveyancing.

We do 3 years to get a normal degree, 1 year to make it an honours, 1 year for the Diploma in Legal Practice (needed to practice law in Scotland) and a 2 year traineeship with a law firm.

Then you are a fully qualified lawyer recognised by the Law Society.
Ok so you guys are the same length as us. I almost got jealous that you guys got your degree in about 4 years compared to our 7 but you guys have it for the same length. Enough of my questions lol. I just was curious as to how they did things in Scotland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)