[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (120 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I think the guy is still very young. If i was 22/23 and people thought i was the best in the world i think i'd have been much more arrogant than CR.
No-one was more disguisting and provokative than the young Gennaro Gattuso. Even at 26 he was still being an asshole (the Poulsen episode). But look at him now.
He's friendly with everyone, he hugs them, shakes hands with the oposition players. He learned how to celebrate the win and how to admit a defeat.
People mature with time.

If CR acts this way in his late 20's and in his 30's then it'll be another story. Then it will be unforgivable but for now i can forgive him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Gattuso wasn't arrogant, that was his style. Lots of great players had his style, from Effenberg to Kahn to a bit of Conte.

You'll probably laugh but I have a bit of this style too on the field. That doesn't mean he's not friendly and he became friendly. You can be friendly apart from your actions on the field.

May 22, 2007
I don't need to read a paper to base my judgement on someone. I can actually think for myself believe it or not. I have seen him play for Man U and Portugal and the guy is an arrogant asshole. He's played what? 1 or 2 good seasons with Man U and suddenly he is god?
And what, you thought that I aimed a whole paragraph at you? Everyone is banging on about how much they hate the English media, and while I agree with them it is highly irritating to see it used so often.

And if you score close to 40 goals from the wing in a season, I think you have to be something special.

I don't dislike him because he is good, in case you haven't noticed. Juve haven't played Man U for a long time thus he isn't really costing us anything. No one has a problem with a few stepovers, sure it is a part of the game. Some players only know to play that way, Palladino is one of them, it's just a style. It's the antics he does every single game, his disgusting dives into the penalty area, the way he takes a penalty, the way he stands before a freekick which by the way is alone evidence of his homosexuality..Among many other things.
Dives are disgraceful, and I'll admit to that. But if you get all hard about the way he stands in before a free kick then you do have issues.

That last point is complete bulshit. We had someone just like him in our team, he goes by the name "Zlatan IhumpedmyfatherafterIfoundoutIwasgay movic". Despite him being our best player at a certain point. I hate his guts, I savoured the moment he left Juve. His arrogant egotistic attitude was not at all admirable. If Ronaldo was at Juve, I would feel the same way about him.
"few of you would hate him as already said."

And there is a difference between Ronaldo and Zlatan in the fact that the Portuguese winger can actually play awesome football. Ill say that until the whole Calciopoli business came out, I liked Zlatan. I was disappointed that he scored so few during his last season with us. If he is playing for my club/team, I see no reason to hate them unless they attack the club or fans through the media. If they dive, then Ill actually say I am pissed off and I wish the little fucker would stop doing it, not hate them. Do you want every player to act like Del Piero on pitch for christ sake? If you don't support all at your team then something amazingly retarded is going on.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5,044
    Gattuso wasn't arrogant, that was his style. Lots of great players had his style, from Effenberg to Kahn to a bit of Conte.

You'll probably laugh but I have a bit of this style too on the field. That doesn't mean he's not friendly and he became friendly. You can be friendly apart from your actions on the field.
    Then why is C. Ronaldo an exception to this rule?

Jun 13, 2007
    1)And what, you thought that I aimed a whole paragraph at you? Everyone is banging on about how much they hate the English media, and while I agree with them it is highly irritating to see it used so often.

And if you score close to 40 goals from the wing in a season, I think you have to be something special.

2)Dives are disgraceful, and I'll admit to that. But if you get all hard about the way he stands in before a free kick then you do have issues.

3)"few of you would hate him as already said."

And there is a difference between Ronaldo and Zlatan in the fact that the Portuguese winger can actually play awesome football. Ill say that until the whole Calciopoli business came out, I liked Zlatan. I was disappointed that he scored so few during his last season with us. If he is playing for my club/team, I see no reason to hate them unless they attack the club or fans through the media. If they dive, then Ill actually say I am pissed off and I wish the little fucker would stop doing it, not hate them. Do you want every player to act like Del Piero on pitch for christ sake? If you don't support all at your team then something amazingly retarded is going on.
    1)No, I didn't think it was entirely aimed at me. I just gave you my opinion.

2)I don't have issues, the way he takes set-pieces spakes volumes of his arrogant nature. I don't need him to stand up and say "I hi, I'm Ronaldo and I'm one arrogant fuck". I can see that for myself. Why can't he just take a penalty and be happy? Does he have to stand like he's expecting a Molinaro up his ass soon? Does he have to stop 5 times before he shoots the ball? Does he have to kiss the ball before he takes a penalty when millions of England fans have their hearts in their mouths? He just does all that because he's a dick.

3) I expect players to learn from Del piero, yes, and to some extent, act like him. Why the fuck not? At least you will be respected instead of being hated all around the world.

Ofcourse, I would always support my team no matter what, that doesn't mean I can't criticize the way they act. 90 percent of the people here who are Juve fans hate Molinaro, is that madness to you? Granted, I loved some of his goals but I never really cared too much for him because of the way he acted, is that wrong?

Éver

Mar 1, 2008
    God, Juve Revolution, he can take free kicks how he likes, its his style, so what? WHO CARES.

If you dont like it then fair enough, but stop going on about it. its boring.

You do have issues if you have problems with minor things like how he stands to take free kicks.

Jun 13, 2007
    God, Juve Revolution, he can take free kicks how he likes, its his style, so what? WHO CARES.

If you dont like it then fair enough, but stop going on about it. its boring.

You do have issues if you have problems with minor things like how he stands to take free kicks.

I care so :soapit: .

I speak from a neutral standpoint. You are a Man U fan. There is no use arguing with you.
    In fact, there is never any use arguing with you.

May 22, 2007
    1)No, I didn't think it was entirely aimed at me. I just gave you my opinion.

2)I don't have issues, the way he takes set-pieces spakes volumes of his arrogant nature. I don't need him to stand up and say "I hi, I'm Ronaldo and I'm one arrogant fuck". I can see that for myself. Why can't he just take a penalty and be happy? Does he have to stand like he's expecting a Molinaro up his ass soon? Does he have to stop 5 times before he shoots the ball? Does he have to kiss the ball before he takes a penalty when millions of England fans have their hearts in their mouths? He just does all that because he's a dick.

3) I expect players to learn from Del piero, yes, and to some extent, act like him. Why the fuck not? At least you will be respected instead of being hated all around the world.

Ofcourse, I would always support my team no matter what, that doesn't mean I can't criticize the way they act. 90 percent of the people here who are Juve fans hate Molinaro, is that madness to you? Granted, I loved some of his goals but I never really cared too much for him because of the way he acted, is that wrong?
    You do have issues if you don't like the way he takes a set piece. Ive said that diving is a great reason to hate him, I don't care if you do because of it, but fuck sake you act like an old woman about this. Not liking the way someone stands before a penalty is simply moronic.

There is no chance every player is acting like Del Piero, and if they all did it would make it incredibly boring. I hardly think Ronaldo cares about being respected by fans from other clubs anyway as he is the best player in the world right now with a huge salary. Why should he want you to respect him for christ sake?

Im not really shocked that so many would hate him seeing as some of the people here are rather pathetic when it comes to these things. I don't hate him, I just want him to leave this club as soon as he can. Might be a dislike, Im not really bothered though.

Im assuming the last question is about Ronaldo. No its not wrong, you can hate him for diving and all that comes with it. Hating him for the way he stands before a set piece is just retarded.

Jun 13, 2007
    You do have issues if you don't like the way he takes a set piece. Ive said that diving is a great reason to hate him, I don't care if you do because of it, but fuck sake you act like an old woman about this. Not liking the way someone stands before a penalty is simply moronic.

There is no chance every player is acting like Del Piero, and if they all did it would make it incredibly boring. I hardly think Ronaldo cares about being respected by fans from other clubs anyway as he is the best player in the world right now with a huge salary. Why should he want you to respect him for christ sake?

Im not really shocked that so many would hate him seeing as some of the people here are rather pathetic when it comes to these things. I don't hate him, I just want him to leave this club as soon as he can. Might be a dislike, Im not really bothered though.

Im assuming the last question is about Ronaldo. No its not wrong, you can hate him for diving and all that comes with it. Hating him for the way he stands before a set piece is just retarded.
    Ofcourse the biggest reason I hate him is because of his diving. The way he stands before set-pieces just annoys me. I also hate him because of his attitude.

Maybe it is impossible for everyone to act like Del piero. Like I said, it's all about having respect. I don't expect everyone to be like Alex, but players like Ronaldo annoy me. I explained why previously so I'm not going to do it again.

I'm not affected by the guy, I couldn't care less what he does. I hate him that's it.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    I think the guy is still very young. If i was 22/23 and people thought i was the best in the world i think i'd have been much more arrogant than CR.
    No-one was more disguisting and provokative than the young Gennaro Gattuso. Even at 26 he was still being an asshole (the Poulsen episode). But look at him now.
    He's friendly with everyone, he hugs them, shakes hands with the oposition players. He learned how to celebrate the win and how to admit a defeat.
    People mature with time.

If CR acts this way in his late 20's and in his 30's then it'll be another story. Then it will be unforgivable but for now i can forgive him.
    thats a very good point as well, we are not considering his age in this discussion at all. Many players improve their attitude as they grow older and a prime example of that is franscesco Totti.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    I was not comparing Zlatan or Ronaldo.I was merely replying to the term Bozi used.Also,you ignored the part where i said that both Zlatan and Ronaldo come from the same school of arrogance..but despite that,the former isnt a diver.Ronaldo's diving antics on the other hand,could win him an olympic gold medal.And no,diving isnt the only reason why i hate Ronaldo.
    Both of them are ignorant, but still one of them is your favorite player and the other is the one you absolutely hate. Zlatan isn't a diver? I doubt even if Inter fans would agree with this. Ronaldo's diving could win him an Olympic gold medal, Maradona's hand won him the match of his life !

Comparing Ronaldo and Maradona is blasphemous.Maradona cheated,yes,but he was honest about it.Atleast he had the guts to admit that he used his hand.Have you heard the very last speech that Maradana made in his farewell match?He said something along the lines of 'Ive made mistakes,but the ball will always be clean'.That shows humility,and the balls to admit that you were at fault.Has Ronaldo ever admitted that he was at fault?Has he ever admitted that he dived or tricked a ref into having an opposition player sent off?No.Perhaps Ronaldo would develop it later on,but right now,the word isnt even a part of his dictionary.
    I don't compare Ronaldo and Diego in terms of abilities. Honest? You must be kidding Salman. 19 years passed and in all those years he always funnily denied it and discribed his goal as " a little with my head, and a little with la mano de Dios" ! In 2005 he finally said that he hit the ball with his hand by purpose! Oh, and there was no need for him to have GUTS to admit it since ALL were aware of what he did. He admitted that he was at fault in his FAREWELL MATCH? God! how old was he at that time?

Coming to Messi..yes he dived.But then again,he doesnt showboat as often as Ronaldo,which makes hating him a lot more difficult.Ronaldo has all the ingredients of being hated - Diving,arrogance,showboating..and yes,playing at the most loved,yet the most hated club in the world.And no,i dont hate Ronaldo so much because he's the best player at the club i hate the most.Had that been the case,i would have hated RVN,Beckham,Keane and Giggs back in the day..but i dont.On the contrary,i even like these players.
    Now you claim that showboating is something which is capable of making a player hateful but you'd probably agree with me that if Ronaldo was playing for your favorite team, you'd love to see him showboating.

RVN, Becks and Keane were also cursed by the people who hate ManU, but you don't recall it clearly cos they've all passed their prime. You know, I don't hate Ronaldo as much as the time he used to score for Real Madrid in every match!

On the other hand, I believe there are players who you really can't stand when they're playing for the team you don't like. Mark Hughes, Cantona, RVN and yes, C Ronaldo are the ManU's examples. They all are great players and you sure will find some similarities in their characters as well. Hating them is not about showboating, diving, or their style in taking freekicks! It's all about their greatness adding to their irritating attitude.

I mostly want to say that the reasons you state for hating C Ronaldo are found more or less in many other players and the ironic part is that two of these players are Zlatan and Cassano (just ask you to remeber the way Cassano celebrated his goal against Juve a few seasons back) whom you like too much.

Finally, I have to say something about C Ronaldo's style of taking freekicks. That's just annoying, I agree, but Ronaldinho, who seems to be a nice guy in some of people's opinion here, has a similar style. You may not have seen enough of his freekicks!

Oh, and Salman Rushdie as the president of Iran? I like it :D

Congrats on 4k posts btw,Hoori. :)

:martini:
    Thanks Dule :kiss:

Jun 13, 2007
    On the other hand, I believe there are players who you really can't stand when they're playing for the team you don't like. Mark Hughes, Cantona, RVN and yes, C Ronaldo are the ManU's examples. They all are great players and you sure will find some similarities in their characters as well. Hating them is not about showboating, diving, or their style in taking freekicks! It's all about their greatness adding to their irritating attitude.

I mostly want to say that the reasons you state for hating C Ronaldo are found more or less in many other players and the ironic part is that two of these players are Zlatan and Cassano (just ask you to remeber the way Cassano celebrated his goal against Juve a few seasons back) whom you like too much.
    It's nice to know someone else thinks Ronaldo's freekick style is annoying.

Ronaldo is far from great. He is in the form of his life right now and is the most exciting talent around but great is something Ronaldo isn't .

Maradona, Zidane, Platini, Van Basten, Maldini, Del piero . These players are great, Ronaldo still has a very long way to go before we can put him in the same sentence as the guys I mentioned.

Ronaldo right now reminds me of Ronaldinho a couple of years ago. Then, many would say Ronaldinho is greatness. How many would say that now? Ronaldo could very well have the same fate. He's a new talent that everybody is excited about but really, he is only just that.

Ronaldo is not like Cassano at all. Cassano is a hot head, he has a childish attitude and seems to lack discipline. Ronaldo on the other hand, is nothing like that. Ronaldo is arrogant and annoying. I hate arrogant and annoying people therefore I hate Ronaldo.

Ibrahimovic is a little more simmilar to Ronaldo. He dives, he's arrogant, he's a bitch. I would say Ibra is a mix of Cassano and Ronaldo. He has that childish attitude and lack of discipline while he also has a reputation for being rude and arrogant. Just for the record, I hate Zlatan too. I don't hate Cassano because all he needs are a couple of slaps on his face to put some sense into him while Ronaldo and donkey face are hopeless cases, They chose to be assholes and so they will be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 120)