[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Éver

Mar 1, 2008
but yea that is probably the worst i have seen Chelsea play in a long time.

Alonso back to some kind of form though. Torres was poor, he looked a bit ill. Squirtle probably man of the match.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
but yea that is probably the worst i have seen Chelsea play in a long time.

Alonso back to some kind of form though. Torres was poor, he looked a bit ill. Squirtle probably man of the match.
Martin is coming along. I think Xabi's long balls can be the difference at the bridge. The only question is who is going to play left back if Aurelio is out.

Éver

Mar 1, 2008
Probably Arbeloa, and Finnan RB.

Unless Finnan is injured/suspended or something i cant remember.

Chelsea missed Essien really badly aswell tonight.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Well, ''a semifinal of the finest club tournament" shouldn't necessarily be a fantastic one. We've watched Juve - Milan in the final of such tournament as well and that match was "depressing" too. If playing a beautiful game had mattered, Arsenal, Roma or Barca should have won the CL more than the other clubs.
Yeah, but Juve and Milan did show some brilliant football in previous rounds at least... these two English teams however are always an effective cure for insomnia.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Can someone please define what constitutes a "snore fest" for me because for some crazy reason I didn't find this game to be such a "snore fest" and neither did anyone I watched it with.
The game was all about Alonso hoofing long balls from one side of the pitch, and makelele hoofing it back from the other side.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Errr, i'm not a fan of Mascherano (i can't stand his face for some reason) but i though he was great tonight.
For almost 80 minutes Chelsea players couldn't make 2 passes. Of course, the whole Liverpool team gets the credit for the brilliant defense that started in Chelsea's box already, but Mascherano is the one who led the defense from the midfield.

I think your mistake is that you expected Mascherano to create Pool's game. He's just a destroyer, he doesn't do the creative job.
perhaps i'm just spoiled with sissokos physical presence on the pitch ...

could hardly spot mascherano

only time he caught my i was when he gave that freekick away near the end of the game . . .

watched only the second half though .. perhaps he was better in the first

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
perhaps i'm just spoiled with sissokos physical presence on the pitch ...

could hardly spot mascherano

only time he caught my i was when he gave that freekick away near the end of the game . . .

watched only the second half though .. perhaps he was better in the first
So you missed him putting moves on the entire Chelsea team only to be rocked by Terry in injury time. That was a pretty sweet run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)