[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (41 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm sure the country with the 'best' league in the world will do just as well in the Euros as they have done in the CL...
I'm in Belgium this week and I went to my Irish pub to catch the Man U - Roma game. As usual most English fans started talking shit about Italian football. It's basically what they do. They just really hate Italian football. So they were raving about just how good Stevie Gerrard, Carrick, Lampard en Joe Cole and the like were compared to De Rossi, Pirlo, Ambrosini and Gattuso. These were 'real' men.

It's the fact most English fans have lost every concept of reality that bugs me. Of the four English players listed only Gerrard is world class. The other three are okay players. Of the Italians Pirlo, Gattuso and De Rossi are brilliant and they showed it in the last World Cup. Whereas Italians will go and win in Scotland with Scotland still playing to qualify, the English aren't even tough enough to beat an already qualified Croatia at home.

Italians are divers, mafiosi and eat pizza all the time according to most English fans. We can talk a lot about racism in Italy and it's a subject that should not be easily forgotten, but we should not forget racism towards Italy either. Both Germany and England have shown some very poor behaviour towards Italians in recent years. I would not be surprised if the stabbing in Rome last year had to do with the overall lack of class of Manchester fans combined with their blatant racism towards Italians.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Fenerbahçe Set For Audacious Eto'o Bid

Fenerbahçe are weighing up making an audacious bid to try and prise Samuel Eto'o away from Barcelona after being told that they have no chance of signing Ronaldinho.

The Turkish giants are reported to have around €90m to spend this summer and are determined to land a world star player to excite their fans and lift the club's profile around the globe.

The club's run to the quarter finals of the Champions League also helped to reinvigorate their desire to attract the best players.

Ronaldinho was the number one target and the club were hoping that Zico and Roberto Carlos could put their contacts to good use and try and persuade the beleaguered star to move from Camp Nou to join them in Turkey.

But if the former Paris Saint-Germain playmaker does leave Barça, then it now appears certain that his only destination will be AC Milan.

That news has led Fener to consider their options and after talking to advisers that know Barcelona, they are now ready to test the Blaugrana's mettle by making a huge offer for Eto'o. The Turkish side's vice president, Aziz Yildrin, and agent Dino Pasalic are said to be responsible for pushing the deal forward.

It was that duo that helped persuade Roberto Carlos to join the club when he was considering numerous offers from Europe and Brazil and they are confident that they can now attract the world's best. Whether Eto'o would agree to leave Barça is another question as he has always been Joan Laporta's star player and is loyal to the president.

Ian Dixon, Goal.com

===

lol where did they get the money?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm in Belgium this week and I went to my Irish pub to catch the Man U - Roma game. As usual most English fans started talking shit about Italian football. It's basically what they do. They just really hate Italian football. So they were raving about just how good Stevie Gerrard, Carrick, Lampard en Joe Cole and the like were compared to De Rossi, Pirlo, Ambrosini and Gattuso. These were 'real' men.

It's the fact most English fans have lost every concept of reality that bugs me. Of the four English players listed only Gerrard is world class. The other three are okay players. Of the Italians Pirlo, Gattuso and De Rossi are brilliant and they showed it in the last World Cup. Whereas Italians will go and win in Scotland with Scotland still playing to qualify, the English aren't even tough enough to beat an already qualified Croatia at home.

Italians are divers, mafiosi and eat pizza all the time according to most English fans. We can talk a lot about racism in Italy and it's a subject that should not be easily forgotten, but we should not forget racism towards Italy either. Both Germany and England have shown some very poor behaviour towards Italians in recent years. I would not be surprised if the stabbing in Rome last year had to do with the overall lack of class of Manchester fans combined with their blatant racism towards Italians.

Tell me about it.

In Scotland we get force fed the English propaganda so the place is now full of folk who are just as bad as the English and spend the whole time raving about the EPL.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
:rofl:

:lol2:

I always thought he was a Bot , but after several Humanoid Posts , I'm sure He's a real Human :confused:
He's not a bot, he's a human, from Jordan actually.

Agree with every single word, especially the bolded part. The English should understand that the only reason their league is now one of the best, is because of the foreigners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)