[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (35 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
we always heard how poor the refererring in premiership is, who knows at the highest level of European Football, laughable/inconsistent mistake exist..
it's time to do something about it, or else what's d point?
Ref been given too much authority, one decision can change the complex of the game.
Imagine the ref received large sum of money from Bet&Win or Mansion to tip Liverpool win?? No matter how, he will make sure Pool wins..
You're talking madness. Liverpool aren't Inter.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
For me, better Pool win it than Arsenal or Manure. I don't want any clucs with equal or less CL trophies than Juve to win it, unless it's a team like Schalke, Fenerbahce or Roma who won't ever pass Juve. I don't want Manure, Chelsea, Barca or Arsenal to have more CLs than Juve. Plus, I'm also glad that arsenal lost so i don't have to hear anything from those annoying Arsenal fans who usually also happen to be Barca fans. The only thing that could be worse is if Manure win it. They would make Rooney the president of the U.N., Scholes the Pope and Cronaldo the President of the U.S.A.
I actually thought the Gunners deserved it. But then again, like any Pool fan, I want a trophy this season.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Why Liverpool always involve in controvesies? Why??
Last time against Chelski, whether the goal was crossed the line or not
then Del Piero's header was ruled out for nothing
1st leg penalty not given
2nd leg dubious penalty given
I am not rooting for Gunners or what but it's really sad to see a splendid team goes out like this to see a wonderful match decided by a dubious penalty...
it's sick..
I will not watch any Pool match in CL games anymore
You could add Materazzi's red card in the first leg this season to that list.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
What was the difference between the penalty Liverpool got in this game and the one arsenal didn't get in the first game?
The fact that in the first match, a Ducth ref didn't blow for a faul made by a Dutch player (surely pure coincidence)

After this match i have come to one conclusion:

Fuck the ref, the cheating cunt, the fucker robbed us, and now i dont wish for him to die, but i'd really like it if his whole fuckin family got murdered, so he'll fucking know how we arsenal fans feel..Cunt!!!
Feel sorry for you fred.
:lol:
Both were penalties
The first one more then the second.
Then Arsenal should have been that penalty in the home game.
:agree:

post 3k

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
the Hleb incident last match had much more contact in it than this one, if that wasnt a penalty, then this isnt either.
In the game of a caliber of a CL quarterfinal, I would expect more restraint from a ref to let the players determine the outcome more than the whims of the 23rd guy on the pitch.

Just as I thought the Helb was the rightly considered a non-call last week, this incident was even a weaker case and should have never been made. The TV announcers were calling today's match a "classic", but none of my classics involve dodgy late ref calls as the game-changer.

Arsenal weren't the only ones robbed. I wanted to see both teams lose. But in the end, the spectators lost. I feel robbed of the first 83 minutes of what was an evolving into interesting match. Ruined by a moment of frivolity. :frown: I now want a refund on those 83 minutes of my life wasted watching this match.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Arsenal should have defended after the 2-2 draw but it seems they are like barca , dont know how to defend , it seems it will be Manu-Liverpool in the final.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
In the game of a caliber of a CL quarterfinal, I would expect more restraint from a ref to let the players determine the outcome more than the whims of the 23rd guy on the pitch.

Just as I thought the Helb was the rightly considered a non-call last week, this incident was even a weaker case and should have never been made. The TV announcers were calling today's match a "classic", but none of my classics involve dodgy late ref calls as the game-changer.

Arsenal weren't the only ones robbed. I wanted to see both teams lose. But in the end, the spectators lost. I feel robbed of the first 83 minutes of what was an evolving into interesting match. Ruined by a moment of frivolity. :frown: I now want a refund on those 83 minutes of my life wasted watching this match.
I feel much the same.

It was a good sporting spectacle over the two legs. Both sides were pretty eenly matched and it was only decided by the ref calling 50-50 decisions in Liverpools favour.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

yes i did say in the first leg, that even though the hleb incident was a penalty, i understood why the ref didnt call it, hleb could have stayed on his feet but he bottled it.

I saw it again the babel incident, and tbh the foul was made outside the box.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Why did Sendoras and Toure just watch torres take the kick?
senderos was still trying to figure out how he was on the pitch, toure was trying to figure out what pills wenger was on playing the big liability in a CL QF

What was the difference between the penalty Liverpool got in this game and the one arsenal didn't get in the first game?
firstly it was outside the box last night and last weeks was much more of a pen but liverpools famous luck continues

I agree, it was soft but Toure is still at fault. He would've been better off letting Babel continue his run.
what gets me is why arsenal are the only team in the world that does not know to show babel down the wing, his delivery with the left foot is truly awful. in toure's defense though, if you looked up and seen a player bearing down on senderos then i am sure you would do anything to stop him as well

Really? He always gets outcoached in the CL. His sides lack power and temperament. They could not hold in the league as well.

Arsenal played a very naive game today.
this is what it all boils down to, arsenal were controlling teh game, cruising in fact, when liverpool scored they got very edgy,knocked off their stride and intimidated by the crowd. as much as i hate manure, arsenal could do with learning a bit from them

After this match i have come to one conclusion:

Fuck the ref, the cheating cunt, the fucker robbed us, and now i dont wish for him to die, but i'd really like it if his whole fuckin family got murdered, so he'll fucking know how we arsenal fans feel..Cunt!!!
good to see you are taking it well

How was it more coincidental than crucial? Flamini is arguably Arsenal's fittest player and hardest worker. His absence allowed Liverpool to control the midfield in the second half. Yes Fabregas was tired but not just because of his exertion in the first half. It was because he had Mascherano up his ass and Arsenal didn't have Flamini to do the same to Gerrard. I'm confident they wouldn't have been overrun like they were if Flamini was on the field.
totally agreed that arsenal lost a lot of their edge when he went off, he was detailed to stop gerrard when he cut infield and was doing a damned fine job of it too. still though, arsenal need to have a look at why they are so mentally weak in these situations, they should have stuck to the game plan and kept the ball, frustrating liverpool,but they constantly panicked and were far too intimidated. if arsenal do not solve this then they can wave goodbye to any chance of ever making the CL final again.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
bozi pretty sums it up really so there is no point of me adding any more points

any way hard luck fred i know u r pissed off but next cl u should be able to learn from last nights mistakes. if memeory serves me right i think u were the one who hated adebayour and last night i figured out why but things like that happen i guess. yr team played really well.

congrats to enron and good luck in the coming games.

ĵџvє_вãвγ

Earth Intruder
Jul 5, 2006
bozi pretty sums it up really so there is no point of me adding any more points

any way hard luck fred i know u r pissed off but next cl u should be able to learn from last nights mistakes. if memeory serves me right i think u were the one who hated adebayour and last night i figured out why but things like that happen i guess. yr team played really well.

congrats to enron and good luck in the coming games.
i remember that avatar from somewhere else :oops:..***..

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
The fact that in the first match, a Ducth ref didn't blow for a faul made by a Dutch player (surely pure coincidence)

Feel sorry for you fred.

:lol:

The first one more then the second.

:agree:

post 3k
actually wenger pointed it out, Kuyt and the Ref are actually from the same town and know eachother.

About Arsenal, i didn't see the game but everyone is saying that they owned liverpool. Its just a bit too much of the same from the gunners, owning a team but can't finish them off. It will always haunt you and especially if its liverpool (a very lucky team)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
well, u never know..the stack is too high...
what make u so sure all the ref r clean? all the players???
football is multibillion buisness now with gambling companies involved deeply with this buisness..
impossible is nothing
:lol: You're crazy man. Liverpool don't have that kind of pull in the EPL, let alone the Champions League. Face it, we are just lucky.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
actually wenger pointed it out, Kuyt and the Ref are actually from the same town and know eachother.

About Arsenal, i didn't see the game but everyone is saying that they owned liverpool. Its just a bit too much of the same from the gunners, owning a team but can't finish them off. It will always haunt you and especially if its liverpool (a very lucky team)
TBh arsenal didn't OWN anybody. they played a tremendous opening 25 minutes but got spooked by liverpools goal, when the crowd got behind pool again aresnal simply did not have a calm head to lead them through.

funny alan hanson got pelters for years saying "you won't win anything with kids" only for manure to win the title. the difference is that manure had a solid backbone, when arsenal won the title under wenger they had the likes of winterburn, adams, keown and later when they won teh title again vieira had grown into a good leader. this is arsenals problem, they do not have someone who can lead their team in a difficult situation, they get too spooked and have no real leadership on the pitch.it is times like this that they could do with a sol campbell type defender or a gatusso type midfielder
until this is sorted i very much doubt their capability to win anything and doubt that will change unless they either a) they grow as a team and get used to the pressure and earn that mental toughness or b) buy a good solid CB and a leader on the pitch(maybe a DM) who can take a game by the scruff of the neck

:lol: You're crazy man. Liverpool don't have that kind of pull in the EPL, let alone the Champions League. Face it, we are just lucky.
:agree: and then some

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)