[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (112 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2007
We clearly have by far the best league in the world in England nowadays. Whats not so good though is the pretty much complete lack of quality English players in the top teams, at least with teams like Roma, there's still an Italian base which has gotta be good for the national team's future. Whilst its great to see our teams dicking all over Europe I have a feeling things may become a little different if Blatter gets his proposals in
We all know about the troubles of the English national team, dude.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We clearly have by far the best league in the world in England nowadays. Whats not so good though is the pretty much complete lack of quality English players in the top teams, at least with teams like Roma, there's still an Italian base which has gotta be good for the national team's future. Whilst its great to see our teams dicking all over Europe I have a feeling things may become a little different if Blatter gets his proposals in
WOW THE Tom!! what happened to the Thuram avatar?:D

The whole EPL is overrated and overpriced, some goes for the players, this affects their hunger for growth and ambitions!
There is little space for new home made talents and their proper development, the situation is irreversible...

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
The level of the top 4 isn't the way to measure the quality of the entire league.

Besides wasn't it just a season ago that the nr4 in Italy easily disposed of the English champions?

Your conclusion is way too easily drawn.

ReMad

Feb 25, 2007

:: Goals ::

0-1 C.Ronaldo (Min 38)
Click Here for Video

0-2 Rooney (Min 65)
Click Here for Video

:: Extras ::

Panucci Header (Min 15)
Click Here for Video

C.Ronaldo Free Kick (Min 20)
Click Here for Video

Vucinic Shoot (Min 28)
Click Here for Video

Tonetto Shoot (Min 50)
Click Here for Video

Tonetto Chance (Min 51)
Click Here for Video

Panucci Chance (Min 52)
Click Here for Video

C.Ronaldo Shoot (Min 68)
Click Here for Video

Carrick Shoot (Min 71)
Click Here for Video

C.Ronaldo Volley (Min 90)
Click Here for Video

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
The level of the top 4 isn't the way to measure the quality of the entire league.

Besides wasn't it just a season ago that the nr4 in Italy easily disposed of the English champions?

Your conclusion is way too easily drawn.
No, it isn't an indication of the whole league's quality, but at the end of the day you can't say fairer than 3/4 semi finalists, which is more than a distinct possibility AGAIN! Personally I would always back an English team against a team from any other league just because I think the players are a lot fitter being used to a faster game, and more often than not this shows. Technically we aren't always the best (though certainly improving in these aspects) but the sheer pace and power puts certainly serie A to shade. Which is sad to say as the Italian league has always been the one I've followed, and I used to love it when Juve would quite literally teach United footballing lessons each season

That game (Milan 3-0 Utd) was a fluke, in my opinion at least. Plus the 4th team in England easily disposed of the runaway leaders in Italy more recently which kinda makes it more relevant too. From where I sit the pace of the English game is too much for Italian sides to handle. Spanish too but maybe not to the same degree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)