[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (34 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Roberto Carlos: We Are The Turkish Real Madrid

Fenerbahce full back Roberto Carlos has fired a warning to Chelsea that they face “the Turkish Real Madrid” in Istanbul for in their Champions League quarter final tie.

The former Real Madrid left back is looking for his fourth Champions League winners medal and admits that playing for Fenerbahce right now reminds him of his time at Real.

“We’re playing like Real Madrid at the moment and there’s a good feeling that we can beat Chelsea” he said.

“We’ve already won more trophies than Real have in the past four years and you can see how much we’ve achieved by the fact we beat Sevilla in the last round.”

The Brazilian also believes the atmosphere inside the Sukru Saracoglu will be an important factor as they look to attain a first leg league against their English opponents.

“It means a lot to the people here and we’re going to have 60,000 fans going absolutely mad when Chelsea turn up. The noise will be incredible” Carlos said.

Even though Fener have never made it beyond the group stages of the Champions League this season’s exploits have given them extra confidence and Carlos believes they can spring a surprise on Wednesday.

“We’re one of the top eight teams in Europe but we’re not under the same amount of pressure as Barcelona, Liverpool, Manchester United and the others.

“We can play without pressure and become the real surprise of this year’s competition” he concluded.

goal.com

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
That would be an interesting predicament. Imagine having to overturn the 3-0 in the second leg from a match that was never even played.
even better imagine winning the first game 4-0 and trying that,FIFA regularly simply award a 3-0 win to the team that turns up........

Jun 13, 2007
Really would Uefa allow that ? I don't think it's fair though , a team going out of the CL because their players got sick .

I remember it happened to Juve a few years back when we were about face to Man u , Juve played the game anyway and lost .

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Really would Uefa allow that ? I don't think it's fair though , a team going out of the CL because their players got sick .

I remember it happened to Juve a few years back when we were about face to Man u , Juve played the game anyway and lost .
nah i seriously doubt it but it is an interesting idea

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Roberto Carlos: We Are The Turkish Real Madrid

Fenerbahce full back Roberto Carlos has fired a warning to Chelsea that they face “the Turkish Real Madrid” in Istanbul for in their Champions League quarter final tie.
:lol2: I love that threat.

That's like me saying, "I am the Filipino Carrot Top".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)