[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (118 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Roma will provide the magic. And it will be pretty epic to say the least. Beating Real Madrid, Manchester United, Barcelona and Arsenal in their way to the trophy will be impressive.

Headlines after a Roman victory are predictable I suppose.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
.. as long as it's not Barca, ManUtd nor Liver .. i don't care who wins ..

even though i'm looking forward to a Barca-ManUtd tie .. for the sole reason of seeing my friend's face during the game .. who btw cheers for both .. he expects to be a schizo after the game ends :p

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
roma to beat manure,beat barca and then lose to arsenal in the final
Roma will lose against man united......

Its either "chelsea" or "man united" that will win this year...........

Chelsea is gonna be the black horse this year where nobody expect them to win

but they'll most likely gonna supprise us all.........

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Its either "chelsea" or "man united" that will win this year...........

Chelsea is gonna be the black horse this year where nobody expect them to win

but they'll most likely gonna supprise us all.........
i have a strong feeling that man u. will fall apart late and chelsea will take it all this year:xfinger:

anything better than barca or man u.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Roma will provide the magic. And it will be pretty epic to say the least. Beating Real Madrid, Manchester United, Barcelona and Arsenal in their way to the trophy will be impressive.

Headlines after a Roman victory are predictable I suppose.
:bow:

Everyone will be pinning hopes on Totti,but i think it'll be someone else who'd provide the spark for them.Aquilani is the first name that comes to mind.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
roma to beat manure,beat barca and then lose to arsenal in the final
That would be a nice scenario as well. But I think Roma could actually win it this year. I know, it would be insanely odd. I mean, AS Roma with a CL title? Those little punks?

:bow:

Everyone will be pinning hopes on Totti,but i think it'll be someone else who'd provide the spark for them.Aquilani is the first name that comes to mind.
That's why Roma has become a good team. Totti is not so important anymore. He's still one of their best players and often it is some little play by Totti that gives them the win, but the team could manage without him as well.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
he didn't wait a second to give me a warning! congrats 3azuri you won :lol:

I knew this was coming from you, when idiots like you gets the mod job, this is expected, Seven was right!
I don't pretend to be smart....and I don't insult whoever doesn't agree with me.

But one thing I'm sure of....is that I don't contradict myself.
I have not been following this entire debate and I find it sad that Snoop is banned. However, Rab, I know you are the kind of guy who takes decisions when his ego is attacked. I know you are also too emotional to be a good mod. I never understood your appointment and quite frankly I'm surprised there haven't been more troubles.

That said, I myself have not had much to say about you ever since the appointment. I think you're a good guy and I think you're trying very hard to be a good mod, I just didn't agree with the choice and I never will. This isn't some sort of personal spite or anything (after all I never wanted to be a mod and would decline if someone offered me to be one). I would simply want to advise you to change a bit as a mod.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
That's why Roma has become a good team. Totti is not so important anymore. He's still one of their best players and often it is some little play by Totti that gives them the win, but the team could manage without him as well.
yeah its either him or de rossi.
Roma have become a very effective team,but their lack of a top class finisher upfront is still a potential weakness IMO.They have Vucinic,but he's noTrezeguet or Nistelroy,and Totti isnt a natural finisher by any means.I can understand why they'd be interested in someone like Huntelaar though.Roma dont really play a system that would require a natural finisher at all times,but if you're going to win titles,you need someone who'll be inexistant in the entire match,but will still end up scoring 2-3 goals.They havent had anyone in the same mould as Montella or Batistuta for a while now.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Roma have become a very effective team,but their lack of a top class finisher upfront is still a potential weakness IMO.They have Vucinic,but he's noTrezeguet or Nistelroy,and Totti isnt a natural finisher by any means.I can understand why they'd be interested in someone like Huntelaar though.Roma dont really play a system that would require a natural finisher at all times,but if you're going to win titles,you need someone who'll be inexistant in the entire match,but will still end up scoring 2-3 goals.They havent had anyone in the same mould as Montella or Batistuta for a while now.
Vucinic should not be considerated as striker IMO.Maybe sometimes but it`s really rarely since Spalletii is using him as AML...Mancini`s place.

But they said they will buy one quality striker at the end of the season and they are ready to pay around 20mln euros for him as they said.They want Huntelaar and Gomez.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Hmm the lack of a striker may be their weakness, but I also think it's their strength. If you play with a box player less, you have one player more on the ball. Roma's touch and go play is about positioning, quick passing, incoming midfielders and always finding the right guy, this way it's almost as if they play wth 6 midfielders and thus always giving them plenty of options to pass the ball to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 118)