[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (104 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
BREAKING: MANCINI QUITS INTER
Tuesday 11 March, 2008

Roberto Mancini has sensationally announced he is leaving Inter at the end of this season after their Champions League exit.

The Coach kept the news to himself during the interviews with Italian and foreign television stations, but at the start of his Press Conference with the Italian newspapers made the shock announcement.

“I think that these will be my last two months on the Inter bench. After four years and even if I have another four years left on my contract, I will leave Inter. I have already told the players.”

However, when interviewed moments later, Julio Cruz and Esteban Cambiasso said that the Coach had not said anything of the sort in the locker room.

Mancini was asked if the Champions League elimination to Liverpool had played a part in this incredible decision.

“No, tonight’s defeat has nothing to do with it.”
great rumor but i doubt it would ever happen. especially after all the $$$ they paid to FIGC to get where they are

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Mark, what does the picture in Italian say?
It's a certificate stating the loss of FC Internazionale on march 11th 2008 in it's home in Milan.

To give the tragic news is their honest Prez. Moratti, Mr. Mancini, the players and all the inter fans. Thanks to the support of Liverpool, the beloved stopped suffering and ended it's usual course in Europe.

Flowers or donations are not accepted because they are already have been taken care of by Gussoni and Collina for the Serie A championship.

""You'll never walk alone"

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Why didn't Mancini make a substitution while it was still 0:0 ?
He had 3 or 4 players with yellow cards and it was obvious they rely on Cruz and Ibra while the midfielders were completely out of the game.
He had Figo and Jimenez and the guys i've watched the match with (Inter fans) were screaming for a Figo-Burdisso or Jimenez-Burdisso sub.

And he made his first sub too late in the match, when everything was over, putting Pele in :confused:

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Tuesday 11 March, 2008

Roberto Mancini has sensationally announced he is leaving Inter at the end of this season after their Champions League exit.

The Coach kept the news to himself during the interviews with Italian and foreign television stations, but at the start of his Press Conference with the Italian newspapers made the shock announcement.

“I think that these will be my last two months on the Inter bench. After four years and even if I have another four years left on my contract, I will leave Inter. I have already told the players.”

However, when interviewed moments later, Julio Cruz and Esteban Cambiasso said that the Coach had not said anything of the sort in the locker room.

Mancini was asked if the Champions League elimination to Liverpool had played a part in this incredible decision.

“No, tonight’s defeat has nothing to do with it.”
The rest of the article says:
To add to the layers of mystery, he then refused to confirm what he had said when he walked back out past the television cameras, insisting he would only talk about the game.

Seems he is confused. :lol:

Mar 24, 2006
Why didn't Mancini make a substitution while it was still 0:0 ?
He had 3 or 4 players with yellow cards and it was obvious they rely on Cruz and Ibra while the midfielders were completely out of the game.
He had Figo and Jimenez and the guys i've watched the match with (Inter fans) were screaming for a Figo-Burdisso or Jimenez-Burdisso sub.

And he made his first sub too late in the match, when everything was over, putting Pele in :confused:
he was amazed with Ranieri Tactic so he decided to use Ranieri's "cool" Tactic .

BTW , FORZA Inter Merda . :seven:

:flag:

Mar 24, 2006
Roberto Mancini insists “the only difference between the two teams were the red cards” after their Champions League exit.

:lol2: Yeah, red cards and three goals, Mancini.
Ibra before the game against Liverpool: "Inter is better than Liverpool."

Ibra after the game with Liverpool: "The best team won."

:lol2: Gotta love those statements.
Good morning, bro.
Haha. I have literally found a streak of hate run through me today. Detestable person. Dunno why but be thankful.
Mancini quits inter! :shocked:
If he has, then I will masturbate well tonight.
Roberto Mancini has announced he's leaving Inter at the end of the season. More to follow.

HAHAHAHHAAH
before or after ranieri?:p

:rofl:

loved those piece of post this morning :pint:

Cheers all . :toast:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
For some reason i am not sure Mourinho is going to take over. Is it really challenging enough for Mourinho? Be it fixed or not, inter have won everything else, beside CL in recent seasons. Mourinho coudnt win CL it with Chelsea either.

We will see whats going to happen.

La_Fidanzata

Feb 18, 2008
Mancini is leaving because he understands his results isnt good enough. Inter has loads of good players, but mancini/Mihaijlovic´s type of dreamfootballl where they can outplay every team at every time isnt really realistic. the management just wasnt good enough. end

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Mancini is leaving Inter because Serie A is fixed.
Yeah, could be.
He has eyes, he can see that fishy things are happening.

Personally, i think he's leaving because he can't handle the pressure anymore.
His first two years with Inter were bad. In serie A he lost all the chances for the scudetto in January/February already while in CL his team was eliminated, first by their main rivals Milan (something Inter's fans can't forgive easily) and then by some CL minnows from Spain, Villareal.

Then Calciopoli happened and Mancini is convinced that Juve were cheating and he convinced himself that Moggi was the reason for his failures.

He finally got the chance to start winning big trophies with Inter.

And he did, he won serie A.
But when he expected everyone to praise him and Inter for the trophy they've been dreaming of for 18 years all he got was some underestimating statements where the scudetto was downplayed with the fact that Juve weren't playing and that the others started with points deduction.
The CL failure in 1/8 finals already didn't help him either.

2007/08 was a new chance for Mancini to prove that even when everyone starts from 0 and when Juve are also playing in serie A, he can bring big trophies to Inter.
Everything started well but then the papers started writing about the refs and how they've been helping Inter. They even didn't pick Mancini among the top 10 coaches in Italy.
And this is still happening. Every Inter win is downplayed.
Also, he probably saw by himself that not everything is as he thought it was and as Moratti has been telling him. He can see the offside goals, the dubious penalties.
He's been fighting with the journalists day after day but he probably realised that he can't win that war.

Finally, another early elimination from CL happened.

I guess he can't handle it anymore.
Fishy things happening in serie A, verbal wars with every sport journalist in Italy day after day , failure after failure in Europe, not being recognized as a good coach in his country even though he's winning a lot.
It was too much for him, i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 104)