[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Generally I do to, but in this case I prefer Inter because I am sick and tired of seeing Liverpool in CL finals, semi-finals, etc. They are such a boring team. Inter is at least dominating in Italy, Liverpool didn't even smell the EPL title for 20 years.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Generally I do to, but in this case I prefer Inter because I am sick and tired of seeing Liverpool in CL finals, semi-finals, etc. They are such a boring team. Inter is at least dominating in Italy, Liverpool didn't even smell the EPL title for 20 years.
Inter plays boring as hell as well and they're only dominating because Juventus and Milan suck, Roma was never much of a trophy winning team.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Cambiasso In Confident Mood

Inter star Esteban Cambiasso is optimistic of overturning their first leg deficit against Liverpool tonight, and is looking to have gained a 2-0 advantage by half time.

The Nerazzurri face an uphill task to progress to the Champions League quarter-finals, following their 2-0 first leg defeat at Anfield.

First Leg

“The round is complicated after the first leg but Inter have the capacity to bounce back and we are going to do the maximum to reach the quarter finals,” Cambiasso told setantasports.com.

“We didn’t deserve the 2-0 defeat at Anfield but Materazzi’s sending off changed the game and the (first) goal was a hard blow. “Some injured players are back and we are prepared to achieve a different game to win.

“The key of the game will be our defence, not our attack. Not conceding any goal is indispensable and then we will manage to create a lot of dangerous chances.

“Our San Siro fans will put a lot of pressure on our adversaries. We should avoid the duels, go to the pitch with a lot of safety, playing with our brains more than with our hearts.”

Benitez Praise

Cambiasso then went on to praise Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez, and also warned that Fernando Torres was not the Reds’ only dangerous player.

“Rafa Benitez is a great tactician and his systems always work well in the Champions League,” the Argentine explained.

“That’s why I don’t understand why they are not experiencing a better run [in the league].

“[Fernando] Torres is not the only Reds’ weapon. You can’t offer a centimetre of space to such a team or they ruin you.”

2-0 At Half Time

Finally Cambiasso revealed that he was hoping to have cancelled out Liverpool’s first leg advantage by half time tonight.

“I would settle for a 2-0 advantage at half time because I’m very optimistic,” he declared.

“If we lead 1-0 in the first half hour they will start to doubt and to the contrary we will earn confidence.

“We have put a lot of hopes in the Champions League and nobody wants to be eliminated, most of all because our home rival Milan are out.”

Mancini: Ibra Is Great Even If He Fails Tonight

Inter boss Roberto Mancini says that Zlatan Ibrahimovic is still a great player, even if he fails to perform in tonight’s Champions League clash with Liverpool.

The Swede may have hit the back of the net 20 times in Serie A and the Champions League this season, however he has gained a reputation for himself as being something of a big game flop.

Ibrahimovic was a huge disappointment in the last 16 first leg defeat at Anfield three weeks ago, while he has also underperformed in numerous big matches in the past.

Roberto Mancini has attempted to lessen this pressure on his star striker, and says that he will still be a great player, even if he fails to perform at San Siro tonight.

“Ibra is a player like Messi or Ronaldinho at Barcelona, or like Van Nistelrooy at Real Madrid,” said Mancio.

“But it's impossible to think that a player can always be decisive with his goals.

“Whatever the result, Inter are still a great team and Ibra is still a great player. Just like all the others."

Inter trail 2-0 from the first leg at Anfield, and know that they must score three times if they want to avoid the same fate as last season, when they were knocked out at this stage of the competition by Valencia.

goal.com

Zanetti sees San Siro success

Javier Zanetti believes he can lead his Inter side to a memorable victory over Liverpool in this evening’s Champions League last 16 clash.

The Nerazzurri have it all to do at San Siro if they are to reverse their 2-0 loss at Anfield, but their captain is undaunted.

“We are top of the League and we have 90 minutes to try and pull off a great undertaking in a big game,” Zanetti said.

“It will be a hard-fought battle, especially so because they have such experience in this competition.

“We will have to play great and make as few errors as possible. We believe in ourselves and there is still a game to be played – we just need to be calm.

“Qualification would be a real present for the President and all the Inter fans, so we will be uncompromising and be careful not to give them any space.

“The fans will be there and they will be right behind us as ever and we will do everything we can to get through.”

It seems that Zlatan Ibrahimovic will shake off his injury worries to start alongside Hernan Crespo up front with Julio Cruz and David Suazo waiting in the wings.

Inter (probable): Julio Cesar; Maicon, Burdisso, Chivu, Zanetti; Vieira, Cambiasso, Stankovic, Figo; Ibrahimovic, Crespo

Liverpool (probable): Reina; Arbeloa, Carragher, Hyypia, Fabio Aurelio; Mascherano, Lucas, Kuyt, Gerrard, Babel; Torres

channel 4

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,507
    I have a strong feeling that Inter will beat the living crap out of Liverpool, humiliate them like no other team has been humiliated.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I have a strong feeling that Inter will beat the living crap out of Liverpool, humiliate them like no other team has been humiliated.
    I can't see it.

Inter are capable of a brilliant performance but Liverpool are pretty resilient and are unlikely to collapse.

2-1 Inter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)