[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (78 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Since Inter and Milan can compete with everyone and since Moratti and Berlusca are always financing their teams wether they do well in Europe or not, why the majority of members around here are moaning about Milan/Inter/Roma being stronger each team they qualify to the quarter finals or semi's or even finals.

What's the problem then?
Precisely. The argument is self contradictory. European success either has an effect or doesn't.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
pretend? I am not afraid of arguments, I don't run if I don't have answers, I simply didn't understand what you meant. Re-read your question again, see what I meant.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
i am pissed, i really wanted milan to win, they played soo shit i cant believe they let players like flamini dominate their own play. i had to deal with all these twat english fans ignorantly calling italian football shit, but as usual i can be reassured that italian football is italian football because it has some italians in the team.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
pretend? I am not afraid of arguments, I don't run if I don't have answers, I simply didn't understand what you meant. Re-read your question again, see what I meant.
My question is clear looks like you didn't understand it because you don't want to.

You, sir, in your arguments you say that we shouldn't cheer for the Italian teams simply because the moment they qualify to the last 8 or to the finals, they'll automatically gain lot of money and be stronger than us(in transfer market) which will keep us hopeless in the league. Thats according to you.

On the other hand, you say Milan's Patron Berlusca and Moratti are financially very strong and they'd always finance their teams no matter what. Also according to your argument.

You contradict yourself....and my question here is how on earth do you judge that Milan/Inter/Roma being in Semi's isn't good for us since it won't make a diff because financially they can purchase any player they want??? Like Berlusca offering from his pocket 60m for Ronaldinho...thats only one example i'm giving.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
This 'to cheer or not to cheer for Italian teams argument has gotten so boring'.No side will be able to convince the other side.Surely we can find better things to argue about..like if Totti will spit on Robinho today or not.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
My question is clear looks like you didn't understand it because you don't want to.
lines like these coming from you is so hilarious :howler:

You, sir, in your arguments you say that we shouldn't cheer for the Italian teams simply because the moment they qualify to the last 8 or to the finals, they'll automatically gain lot of money and be stronger than us(in transfer market) which will keep us hopeless in the league. Thats according to you.

On the other hand, you say Milan's Patron Berlusca and Moratti are financially very strong and they'd always finance their teams no matter what. Also according to your argument.

You contradict yourself....and my question here is how on earth do you judge that Milan/Inter/Roma being in Semi's isn't good for us since it won't make a diff because financially they can purchase any player they want??? Like Berlusca offering from his pocket 60m for Ronaldinho...thats only one example i'm giving.
This is a stupid approach and it sad to see you Martin agree with it. I will answer this to Martin.

In this planet earth, there is only one club that doesn't care about the finance, and it is CHELSKI. Because this particular club, doesn't care about what budget it has, or if the club is losing 1 billion dollar per year, simply because their owner is doing this for hobby!

The other big clubs including Real Madrid, Manchester United, Milan and others DO care about their financial budget or these financial bonuses, not because they are desperate for money, but because this is how a football industry works!

Milan and Inter Milan, can buy any of Ronaldinho, Cristian Ronaldo, Messi or any other expensive players if they want to, but they don't need. do they? answer it honestly Martin!

Any sane person that knows a thing or two about football, knows very well that Inter Milan and Milan's squads are in a position to compete for the title for every team out there. And every sane person knows that Moratti and Berlusconi are in position to make their teams competitive domestically and in Europe not because of CL's bonuses, and every sane person in the world can guess that the more money it comes form the CL the stronger these team gets, if the bonuses comes like rain, they won't hesitate to bring the best of the bests out there.

So Martin, I am not contradicting myself here, you are taking it as it is either black or white. Milan without the CL bonuses will stay the Milan that will be respected domestically and abroad, but with the more bonuses they get, they will become unstoppable (Transfer market) in Europe and specially against us. I prefer them to stay the way they are now, not to get any stronger, they are strong enough. While we are the ones who are desperate to get stronger.

Agnelli's are dead, we are the ones who don't get cash from non-football sides, we are the ones who need CL cash simply because Umberto and Gianni are gone, and the ones who replaced them doesn't help us much, but Milan and Inter still have Berlusconi and Moratti.

Just like I mentioned earlier, it's the fanbase and the Financial power that makes the club stronger. We have the fan base (which will help us a lot financially for that, if we will get double amount of Roma's TV coverage, and more than probably Inter's, that's because of the number of fans and viewers we have, plus many other examples out there about fans that help us financially from Italy or abroad), we lack the second, that Inter and Milan have (Rich and spending owners), but we still have large budget than Roma's and others..

If you say Rich industries out there don't need or care about bonuses like 50 Million or more, you know very well that that it ridiculous, but without the bonuses those rich industries will still be rich and competitive, see my point?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I enjoyed the Milan-Arsenal game...I thought Milan was at their most dangerous for the first 15 or 20 minutes, and then Arsenal completely took over with speed, pace, and total control of the midfield

It was a bit bittersweet for me, however....seeing as though it was Maldini's last CL game, and seeing our fellow Serie A team get thoroughly beaten. However, as I've said before, Arsenal is the most entertaining team in football, and I am a fan of Wenger (even though he's French :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)