[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (41 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'm not saying their team isn't quality, because they are. In fact Pirlo, IMO is the best player in the world. But there are many better squads out there like Barca, Arsenal, maybe Inter, but Milan have something extra psychologically, something like the WC winning Italy team, whose team player for player was nothing compared to Argentina, Brazil, Spain, France, maybe Portugal.
Milans team is miles better than Arsenals imo..first eleven for first eleven..they clearly have the better players.

Imo Milan still have a better chance to qualify than we do, i was optimistic when i thought Kaka and Gatuso wont be playing..but now that they're playing its a different story.

Cesc is going to be facing one of the best destroyers in the world in Gatusso and for me it would be interesting to see how Cesc responds...
Greece won European Championship
Steau Bucharest won Champions League

I would be happy to see their performance in Serie A.Long marathons are always harder than this kind tournaments.You can win by luck in a cup.Remember 2002.Turkiye was third.We did not play against one single european team.

it is Serie A>CL to me.

Berlusconi will continue to hide their failure in league with this tournaments.They are best team in the world because of just 2 matches?

beating manure and boca are enough to be best?
:agree:

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
No need to be all that humble, Freddy. By no means have Milan a "clearly" superior team to Arsenal, player for player. I mean, they might do in some people's opinion but it's always gonna be a close call.

After all, you are top of the table in the Premiership, whereas Milan are struggeling to secure a CL-qualification spot. And the "we don't care about Serie A" bull shit is just weak. Of course they care about Serie A, it's the competition they play week in and week out.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
No need to be all that humble, Freddy. By no means have Milan a "clearly" superior team to Arsenal, player for player. I mean, they might do in some people's opinion but it's always gonna be a close call.

After all, you are top of the table in the Premiership, whereas Milan are struggeling to secure a CL-qualification spot. And the "we don't care about Serie A" bull shit is just weak. Of course they care about Serie A, it's the competition they play week in and week out.
I'm not being "humble".. our players are simply in better form than Man Utd..but if you think of it..they are better than us in every department..and i'm talking ability wise not form wise...

Dida >>>>>>>>> Almunia

Oddo > Sagna

Nesta > Gallas

Maldini < Toure (an old washed up Maldini that is)

Jankluvoski < Clichy

Pirlo > Cesc

Gatusso > Flamini

Seedorf > Rosicky

Kaka >>>> Hleb

Pato < RVP (at least at the moment)

Gila < Adebayor

Now you tell me how they are not better than us....when on form there are few times that have a better starting eleven than Milan Imo.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm not being "humble".. our players are simply in better form than Man Utd..but if you think of it..they are better than us in every department..and i'm talking ability wise not form wise...

Dida >>>>>>>>> Almunia

Oddo > Sagna

Nesta > Gallas

Jankluvoski < Clichy

Pirlo > Cesc

Gatusso > Flamini

Seedorf > Rosicky

Kaka >>>> Hleb

Gila < Adebayor

Now you tell me how they are not better than us....when on form there are few times that have a better starting eleven than Milan Imo.
Wow, i didn't watch Arsenal more than 3-4 times this year but if this Dida (who lost his place in the starting line up to Zeljko Kalac) is so much better than Almunia then God help Arsenal.

Oddo is another one who is having an awful form. His crosses are worse than Molinaro's and he's also slowly losing his place in the starting line-up to Bonera and Cafu (!!!).
Also, Milan plays the Christmas tree in CL with Inzaghi up front and Ambrosini in the center.
Ancelotti confirmed yesterday that Pato is ready to play but he will start from the bench in London and he'll play only in the second half and only if needed.
Jankulovski was unavailable for a long time and he just made his comeback last week.
Maldini is a doubt and Kaladze will take his place probably.

This is Milan's expected XI

Kalac
Oddo-Nesta-Kaladze-Jankulovski/Maldini
Gattuso-Pirlo-Ambrosini
Kaka-Seedorf
Inzaghi

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005

Dida >>>>>>>>> Almunia

Oddo > Sagna

Nesta > Gallas

Jankluvoski < Clichy

Pirlo > Cesc

Gatusso > Flamini

Seedorf > Rosicky

Kaka >>>> Hleb

Gila < Adebayor

Wow... I don't even know where to start. Ability wise, well... we are living now and not 3 years ago.

Let's just say I disagree with every comparison except maybe one or two.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Sagna is clearly better than oddo
Yes thats because Sagna is on form while Oddo isnt..its easy to overrate Arsenal players right now..because most of them are having the season of their lives....but my question is, is Sagna better than Oddo on form?
Wow, i didn't watch Arsenal more than 3-4 times this year but if this Dida (who lost his place in the starting line up to Zeljko Kalac) is so much better than Almunia then God help Arsenal.

Oddo is another one who is having an awful form. His crosses are worse than Molinaro's and he's also slowly losing his place in the starting line-up to Bonera and Cafu (!!!).
Also, Milan plays the Christmas tree in CL with Inzaghi up front and Ambrosini in the center.
Ancelotti confirmed yesterday that Pato is ready to play but he will start from the bench in London and he'll play only in the second half and only if needed.
Jankulovski was unavailable for a long time and he just made his comeback last week.
Maldini is a doubt and Kaladze will take his place probably.

This is Milan's expected XI

Kalac
Oddo-Nesta-Kaladze-Jankulovski/Maldini
Gattuso-Pirlo-Ambrosini
Kaka-Seedorf
Inzaghi
Yes i am aware of their injuries..but i was comparing their best 11 with our best 11. And like i said i am talking ability wise not form wise...Dida on form is easily better than Almunia..who is no more than decent

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
i am talking ability wise not form wise
I know mate, but we can't make such a comparison for several reasons.
For example, how do we know that ability wise Oddo is better than Sagna ?
Oddo is close to 32 and when he had his best years he was better than Sagna was until now. But we don't know Sagna's real potential and abilities and when he'll be 27 or 28 he can easily be better than Oddo ever was, right ?
That's why i'll go with the current form. And going with current form
Sagna >>>>> Oddo.

You can say Form is temporary while class is permanent, but that goes only for Kaka, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso. For players like Jankulovski, Oddo, Kaladze, Ambrosini, Galardino we shouldn't even use the word class in the same sentence with their names.
Most of them are in their 30's and of course that at certain point of their career they were good. But it's a mistake to count the best periods of their career when making a comparison with Arsenal's players.

To sumirize : Forza Arsenal and fuck you Milan :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I know mate, but we can't make such a comparison for several reasons.
For example, how do we know that ability wise Oddo is better than Sagna ?
Oddo is close to 32 and when he had his best years he was better than Sagna was until now. But we don't know Sagna's real potential and abilities and when he'll be 27 or 28 he can easily be better than Oddo ever was, right ?
That's why i'll go with the current form. And going with current form
Sagna >>>>> Oddo.

You can say Form is temporary while class is permanent, but that goes only for Kaka, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso. For players like Jankulovski, Oddo, Kaladze, Ambrosini, Galardino we shouldn't even use the word class in the same sentence with their names.
Most of them are in their 30's and of course that at certain point of their career they were good. But it's a mistake to count the best periods of their career when making a comparison with Arsenal's players.

To sumirize : Forza Arsenal and fuck you Milan :D
Lets just say i agree with the last sentence:D

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Once again Milan being lucky. I am pretty sure kaka and seedorf will make it to the emirates while arsenal are in the biggest injury problems ever.

Real will finish off Roma at home so the race for 2nd spot will be up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)