[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The draw is closer and closer.. i hope we get Porto, and i hope we dont get Milan or Barca, i think we're capable of beating Madrid and Inter.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think Arsenal have enough power to kill Milan or inter.I hope you will get one of them.
As strange as it might sound, but i dont think we can beat Milan at all, but i do believe we can beat Inter..Inter are massive under achievers in Europe..and their main man Zlatan is a choker when the going gets tough..

Milan have much more CL experience than us, and i think that will count against us..plus i'm sure Kaka will run circles round us, we wont be able to handle him.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
In the past few seasons in Cl, Arsenal have met Barcelona, Real Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla, Deportivo, Fiorentina,Lazio, Roma, Inter Milan, Juventus and now Ac Milan.

Arsenal have had some plum ties

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The draw in full:

Celtic v Barcelona [I think Celtic will look weak]

Lyon v Manchester United [Hopefully Lyon can make it]

Schalke v Porto [Not that interesting to watch]

Liverpool v Inter [Screw them both, but I predict Inter getting owned at anfield]

Roma v Real Madrid [Not an easy game for the Italians at all]

Arsenal v Milan [Both of them can qualify]

Olympiacos v Chelsea [Easy for Chelsea]

Fenerbahce v Sevilla [Interesting match]

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Good draw, should eliminate all the riffraff. That makes quarter finals of:
Barcelona, Man Utd, Porto, Inter, Real Madrid, Milan, Chelsea, Sevilla

If so, that would be the highest quality row of quarter finalists in a long time.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Good draw, should eliminate all the riffraff. That makes quarter finals of:
Barcelona, Man Utd, Porto, Inter, Real Madrid, Milan, Chelsea, Sevilla

If so, that would be the highest quality row of quarter finalists in a long time.
and now we just need someone to mention how good it would be for us if italian club wins the tournament. :redface:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
and now we just need someone to mention how good it would be for us if italian club wins the tournament. :redface:
You're right, we're much better off with Liverpool, because erm... yeah, is really beneficial to us and all, because... right, no reason.

In fact, we would be much better off if no Italian teams ever won the CL, because then we'd go and win it and we'd be the only ones. Of course, then noone would consider our domestic league worth anything with no teams that can compete for the CL.

Being the strongest man on the island isn't worth much if none of the other men can lift so much as a pebble.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Being the strongest man on the island isn't worth much if none of the other men can lift so much as a pebble.
True, but can we ever become the strongest if our rivals get millions and millions of EUR and millions of new fans, who'll give even more millions to the club, for their success in Europe ?

I'm really glad Inter, Milan and Roma got the toughest possibile opponents. They will have to work really really hard to eliminate Arsenal, Liverpool and Real. The tougher it gets for them in Europe easier it gets for us in serie A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)