[EU] Champions League 2007/2008 (120 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2004
That makes no sense because the players are the team.

That is like saying you put Italy first but not the people, so you are tied to the land? The people make the country, without the people, it could be Serbia or Mongolia, the team is nothing without the players, and the nation is nothing without the people.

Sep 26, 2007
So why on earth do you state you put the Azzurri before Juventus?

That's like saying I put my left arm before my right leg. :confused:
I obviously didn't make myself clear because my statement is being misunderstood. When I say I put the Azzurri first I don't mean like I am rooting for them above Juventus in no way would I ever do that because I do not have to. I just have supported the Azzurri for much longer therefore my love for the team is very strong and I have always associated myself with them and I only began following Juventus 5 years ago. So I obviously just didn't make myself clear I guess I was trying to say I love Azzurri and Juventus the same but on a different level if that makes sense.

Sep 26, 2007
ßöмßäяdîëя;1479274 said:
That makes no sense because the players are the team.

That is like saying you put Italy first but not the people, so you are tied to the land? The people make the country, without the people, it could be Serbia or Mongolia, the team is nothing without the players, and the nation is nothing without the people.

Players come and go but the team is forever. Same goes with Juventus.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
What a narrow-minded point of view. You absolutely ignored the possibility of a combination of the two types which clearly exists.

You can be raised as a supporter of one team and will support it all your life through which would be the 1st option in your list. But that does not prevent you from adoring the way other teams play. And then you start cheering for them and from time to time your love for this club is growing even though their style of playing changes - you support two clubs now.
I dont believe you can be a supporter of 2 clubs. Surely being a true fan is about putting your club & its colours above all others?

What annoys me is that in general there are two ways of supporting football teams:

1. You're a supporter of a team. This means you follow ONE team.
2. You're a supporter of a certain type of football. In your case, fucktard, this would mean you support teams such as Barcelona, Arsenal and Milan. Yet you support Juventus.

The thing is, you can't cheer for different types of football in different teams. That's contradictory. It basically means you're a gloryhunter.
:agree:

Just because you enjoy Arsenal's football, doesn't follow that you support them, it means you like football.

everyone on this forum loves watching GOOD football, we all loved Juve when lippi was coach, we all moaned at the tactics when capello was coach but we do not jump on every bandwagon and claim support for a dozen teams.

as much as i dislike the premierships overhyped ass-monkeys i have to admit i have enjoyed watching arsenals football for the last decade
:agree:

While you can't truly support more than one club, we can appreciate good football, & want to watch it. Watching Arsenal, the Dutch NT or Manchester is to enjoy your football, seeing those teams in full flow is a thing of beauty. However, while I can stand & applaud those teams, I'd never class myself as a supporter. Take Italy's great performances in the last WC, Boz can see the beautiful football, clap & cheer with the rest of us, but come next month he's a Scot, & hopes we all choke while Faddy sticks one in top corner (not gonna happen Boz, but enjoy the dream while it lasts;) ). He liked our style, but that doesn't make him a supporter.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
i have to agree with alltagshield on this one...i for example am a libyan..which of course means i support my country..does that mean i cant support France??Or that i'm a glory hunter when i support France?

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
I dont believe you can be a supporter of 2 clubs. Surely being a true fan is about putting your club & its colours above all others?

Just because you enjoy Arsenal's football, doesn't follow that you support them, it means you like football.

While you can't truly support more than one club, we can appreciate good football, & want to watch it. Watching Arsenal, the Dutch NT or Manchester is to enjoy your football, seeing those teams in full flow is a thing of beauty. However, while I can stand & applaud those teams, I'd never class myself as a supporter. Take Italy's great performances in the last WC, Boz can see the beautiful football, clap & cheer with the rest of us, but come next month he's a Scot, & hopes we all choke while Faddy sticks one in top corner (not gonna happen Boz, but enjoy the dream while it lasts;) ). He liked our style, but that doesn't make him a supporter.
I can see no argumentation here, you just say "It is not possible to support two clubs" and name examples which have nothing to do with the topic of supporting two teams. To me, being a fan is to have real feelings for the team and to cheer for it in good and bad times. And you want to tell me you can't have these feelings for more than one team? C'mon, you can't be serious.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
I can see no argumentation here, you just say "It is not possible to support two clubs" and name examples which have nothing to do with the topic of supporting two teams. To me, being a fan is to have real feelings for the team and to cheer for it in good and bad times. And you want to tell me you can't have these feelings for more than one team? C'mon, you can't be serious.
If you honestly believe you can support 2 teams, yet say "oh I'd always support Juve if the 2 met" then you are a Juve fan who enjoys watching the others play. Its quite simple really, to be a supporter you love your team no matter what, we hated Crapello & his shitty football, yet still celebrated our victories under him. We might have enjoyed watching Madrid under Vicente del Bosque, the great football that gave them 2 CL titles, but switched off without a 2nd thought once the same Don Crapello took the exact same style we played under him to the Bernabeau. I absolutely believe you cant have these feelings for more than one team, definately not.

Juveadam,are you italian??
Yes, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 120)